The King is Dead, Long Live the King!

Write creatively!
Coin
Mise, Pangur Bán agus PILOT WHALES

Re: The King is Dead, Long Live the King!

Post by Coin » 23:43:45 Thursday, 11 December, 2014

1) Ask if there is any way we could keep the sword in our room; you'd rather keep it close at hand.
Brazilsim: Horacio de Matos
MG BoP: Israel

Gesar
Social Justice Stasi
Social Justice Stasi

Post by Gesar » 23:44:23 Thursday, 11 December, 2014

Coinneach wrote:1) Ask if there is any way we could keep the sword in our room; you'd rather keep it close at hand.

RinKou
Jackbooted Swinelicker Fascist

Post by RinKou » 01:25:38 Friday, 12 December, 2014

1) Talk to the man (He seems like a haggler. Let's see if we can get the room for cheaper. We'll even toss in for some ale too, why not?).
Heartache by the Numbers: Caravan Master

If you say that prancing mailman of a GM is ever going to run the gangster game WELL THEN I SAY GOOD DAY SIR -oyid

I write things!
I post things!

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Huojin » 01:40:06 Friday, 12 December, 2014

Gesar wrote:
Coinneach wrote:1) Ask if there is any way we could keep the sword in our room; you'd rather keep it close at hand.
Was more worried about money before, but ain't no one gonna want us if we have no sword.

ykl
Knight of the Flying Pigs

Post by ykl » 09:19:06 Thursday, 22 January, 2015

((Apologies, the post Christmas season threw a bunch of shit at my direction work-wise and got a little too hectic, was basically working on most weekends from Christmas until about a week ago. Will be continuing this now since shit settled down slightly. :3))

Ask if there is any way we could keep the sword in our room; you'd rather keep it close at hand.

"Uhm, sorry about that but if there is any way that I can keep this sword with me tonight in my room?" The blade, while definitely isn't very special, it still is very important to the image that you will want to try and project of a confident squire-and-soon-to-be-knight. On the other hand, it definitely also didn't help that image when you stammered that last question out slightly.

The man behind the counter looked slightly amused but before he could answer, another man that had been drinking at one of the tables rose up to answer. "I don't think you'd do much good with that sword, boy. You look like you'd hurt yourself while trying to draw your sword." Unpleasant memories of your first time with a wooden practice sword came unbidden as the truth struck perhaps a little too close to home.

The second man is at least two heads taller than you, towering over even the man behind the counter. "Name's Barderas. Captain or well, former Captain of the Royal Hassihan frigate Talon and the current owner of this rundown shack. And while I rarely make exceptions, I will make one now. Feel free to keep your weapon. That rule's mainly to stop drunken fights here turn into drunken murders and I highly doubt you'll murder anyone with that little pinprick." Tall and well built, he had a good air of authority, even perhaps nobility about him. A large scar cuts right across his face, starting from the bottom of his left eye and continuing past his nose to the right side of his mouth.

"The room's yours for the night if you still want it, Ares over there will hand you the keys. The room's still 5 gold a night, that one is not up for question." With that, Barderas returns to his mug of ale. You notice he sits by himself at a table, most of the other men in groups of 3 to 4. You assume most of them are from Barderas' crew, they are all the bronze faced ones with various scars. Even so, mixed in are several groups of customers, paler but looking as rundown as the former sailors even.

The man behind the counter, Ares, Barderas called him, looked up and asked "What will it be then, sir?" He is still smiling.

1) "Here's 5 gold."
2) Turn to Barderas and ask "Former captain?"
3) Mumble an apology and leave the inn.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr4IxMgHdDY

1971 BOP - W.Germany.
Vanaheimr 3 - Edward Yorke, Merchant of Albion.

Phu Quoc - Neo-Patriots.

THE KING IS DEAD, LONG LIVE THE KING!

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Huojin » 09:32:46 Thursday, 22 January, 2015

QUEST QUEST QUEST

Also we've only got 10 gold, so still eh about this place.

BgKnight
George R. R. Martin in space and with less talent

Post by BgKnight » 10:13:25 Thursday, 22 January, 2015

Huojin wrote:
QUEST QUEST QUEST

Also we've only got 10 gold, so still eh about this place.
What he said

RinKou

Post by RinKou » 18:29:09 Thursday, 22 January, 2015

Huojin wrote:
QUEST QUEST QUEST
Gotta spend money to make money. Fuck the main quest, let's go clear some dungeons.

If you say that prancing mailman of a GM is ever going to run the gangster game WELL THEN I SAY GOOD DAY SIR -oyid

I write things!
I post things!

Gesar
Social Justice Stasi
Social Justice Stasi

Post by Gesar » 19:56:46 Thursday, 22 January, 2015

RinKou wrote:
Huojin wrote:
QUEST QUEST QUEST
Gotta spend money to make money. Fuck the main quest, let's go clear some dungeons.
Yup.

Serenissima
England Expects Every Man Will Do His Duty

Post by Serenissima » 08:39:12 Friday, 23 January, 2015

Door number 2 agreed. Quest or not it is more interesting.
"Imagine lies, and then write them down in order. That is literally all authors do!"

Serenissima's WW2 BoP: The GM (obviously)
Metal Gear BoP: Japan
Brazil: Luís Carlos Prestes, the Knight of Hope

ykl
Knight of the Flying Pigs

Post by ykl » 09:03:21 Friday, 23 January, 2015

((I'm hoping to get this game going on a quicker rate so yup, we're moving right along.))

Turn to Barderas and ask "Former captain?"

As you decide and waffle on whether you prefer being poor but temporarily sheltered for the night or potentially losing all your gold sleeping on the doorstep of this inn, something from Barderas' story seemed to click in your mind.

"Former Captain?" You turn around to face Barderas.

Barderas took his time to answer, finishing his mug of ale and telling Ares to fetch him a new one before acknowledging your question. "Long story short, the old war on the pirates got wrapped up a lot faster than either navy was prepared for. Turns out a lot of the old admirals and lordlings around the coast lied about reports of pirate activity. What was reported to be an entire fleet of pirates turned out to be chasing half a dozen ships around small rocky islands. With over a hundred ships and their crew recruited and trained just for this. After our "victory", most of the ships became unwanted almost immediately. The really lucky ones were allowed to stay in the navy and run diplomatic missions. The lucky ones got a pension. The unlucky ones.." At this, Barderas swept an arm over the room.

"..got washed up without any help at all. Funnily enough, a few ships almost immediately turned to piracy to make a living. Talon happened to be in Merian waters when we got the news. A few of the crew wanted to mutiny and sail off and go play pirates. I believe its still out there somewhere, if you ever decide to wander around the islands and bump into a ship called Flying Coral, give a greeting will ya. Tell 'em Barderas sends his regards. The rest of us decided to just abandon the seas and set up shop on land. That's pretty much the rest of us here in this inn and about 2 more that runs the caravans to the Hassih border. Not one of us are too happy with our home after how they abandoned us. Not to mention a few of the king's men would definitely want to hang me for piracy and mutiny if I ever go back."

"So there you go, you have my life's story. What about you, no one comes to Highroad from outside without a reason to do so." As he finishes, Ares returns with two mugs and places one down in front of you. "On the house, drink up."

1) Introduce yourself (pick a name that you'd like for yourself, otherwise, feel free to ask/say anything in addition to introducing yourself)
2) Refuse the drink and politely leave before revealing too much about yourself. (Still choose/vote on a name though, going to happen regardless of either choice)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr4IxMgHdDY

1971 BOP - W.Germany.
Vanaheimr 3 - Edward Yorke, Merchant of Albion.

Phu Quoc - Neo-Patriots.

THE KING IS DEAD, LONG LIVE THE KING!

RinKou

Post by RinKou » 00:19:30 Saturday, 24 January, 2015

1) Introduce yourself

Sir, or, uh, Squire U. N. Real

I write things!
I post things!

Return to “Creative Writing”