Huojin Rambles

Write creatively!
Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Huojin Rambles

Post by Huojin » 15:53:59 Sunday, 02 June, 2013

So I've been meaning to make one of these threads, but I'm a horrendous procrastinator and then never satisfied with what I write. So half the time I might just post law shit that no one will read. Or ramblings about something or other.

For now, I'm going to post the history of the Central American Revolutionary Government I drew up for Aegis' Axis Victory game back on Patton. Whether it's still a reliable source for my AV game is questionable, but I won't object if someone wants to reference it. I'm mostly posting it because I'm tidying up my bookmarks and if I put it here I don't need a bookmark for it any more >_>
A brief history of the constituent states of the Central America…Show
A brief history of the constituent states of the Central American Revolutionary Government

The efforts of the peoples of Central America to cast off their shackles and gain freedom began long before the Second Mexican Revolution in 1933. Our struggle dates back to the resistance against U.S. occupation of Nicaragua. From 1927 until 1933, the people of Nicaragua were led by revolutionary hero, Augusto Nicolás Calderón Sandino, whose example shaped and influenced revolutionary across Latin America, spreading even into Mexico, where his methods and brand of warfare, adopted by Mexican revolutionaries, saw their triumph over the oppressive regime of Abelardo L. Rodriguez.

It was one of Sandino's principle lieutenants who first brought revolution to the people of the constituent states of the CARG. Augustín Farabundo Martí Rodríguez, valiant revolutionary and long-suffering Salvadoran, returned from his brief exile, along with Alfonso Luna and Mario Zapata. Unable to withstand the suffering and injustice any longer, Martí led the 1932 Salvadoran Peasant Uprising, also known as La Matanza, The Massacre. 40,000 people were murdered in cold blood by the fascist government of El Salvador, including Martí himself, like Sandino, his place in revolutionary history solidified.

For a long while after, the reactionary and tyrannical governments of dictators maintained an iron grasp over the peoples of Central America. Supported by greedy corporations and their puppet governments in the United States of America, brutal despots maintained long and unjust governments, designed only to enslave the people of Central America whilst lining their own pockets. However, with the continued decline of capitalism in the United States, compounded with the assassination of the American President, the Second Mexican Revolution soon began in 1933, liberating the workers of Mexico completely by 1936. In the aftermath of this victory, desire for freedom began to spread once more throughout Central America, and with the United States government too weak to prop up the despots any longer, cracks began to appear in their façade of strength.

The first blow was struck for Central American communism when in May 1944, massive demonstrations in El Salvador, primarily the non-violent Strike of Fallen Arms, led by students, saw Hernández Martínez deposed as President and fleeing the country. With popular support behind them, the Communist Party of El Salvador formed the new government, with young revolutionary, Salvador Cayetano Carpio, leading the government.

A mere 5 months later, in October 1944, similar protests took place in Guatemala, this time against the government of General Jorge Ubico. Supported by volunteers from Mexico, Colonel Jacobo Árbenz and Major Francisco Javier Arana led a group of soldiers and students in the October Revolution, ousting the weakened regime and firmly establishing a new government. At the end of 1944, elections are held, with philosophy professor Juan José Arévalo winning 53% of the vote. Within several years however, discontent at the lack of reform saw him replaced by Jacobo Árbenz, with the support of the Guatemalan Party of Labour, and the beginning of far more clearly communist reforms.

Following in the wake of the revolutions in El Salvador and Guatemala, also in October of 1944, a group of Honduran exiles from El Salvador, recently liberated, crossed over into Honduras with the support of the Salvadoran Revolutionary Government, as well as Mexican volunteers. Within days of the crossing, military units sent to confront the group defected, joining the revolution, and as protests in the capital began to grow, pressure mounted on the government of Tiburcio Carías Andino. Eventually, led by Ramón Amaya Amador, the Honduran revolutionaries overthrew the Carías regime and established a workers’ republic.

Thus, the Revolutions of 1944 saw three Central American nations freed from the domination of despots, but the firm hand of other dictators saw the spread of revolution no further on the mainland.

For most of the 16 years between the Revolutions and the modern day, the communist states of Central America lived in peace, save for one blot. In 1954, concerned by the growing influence of communism in Latin America, the German Reich, in cooperation with the United States of America, tasked Ausland-SD, Department D with overthrowing the Guatemalan government and re-establishing a fascist one. Carlos Castillo Armas, disgraced former-Colonel, along with 400 fighters, landed on Guatemalan shores, intending to march to Guatemala City and overthrow the Árbenz government. Though their attempt at a coup d’etat failed, the “Liberation Army” fled into the Guatemalan jungles, conducting a protracted guerrilla war. For 4 years, they attempted to incite a popular uprising, but the people of Guatemala were contented and happy for the first time, and resisted. Eventually, after a long war, the rebels were crushed, and stability restored.

In 1960, the happiness of all Central American people soared into ascendancy at the union of the nations of the 1944 Revolutions, creating the Central American Revolutionary Government, the first genuine attempt at a fair and equal union of Central American countries, designed not to exploit but to develop and prosper.

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Huojin Rambles

Post by Huojin » 15:15:12 Thursday, 13 June, 2013

Nowhere else to really put it, so I might as well post here.

I am planning a new CK2 Game of Thrones Mod AAR. However! Unlike previous ones, this one is set much earlier, and will be spoiler-free. This means if you are not up to date with the books or even the series, you can safely read and be involved.

Be involved? Yeah. That's the new part. I'm fiddling with the game and adding Molotovians to my court as Harren the Black, King of the Iron Islands and the Riverlands before Aegon's Conquest of Westeros. This means you get to be people in my court. I might grant you lands and arrange nice marriages and such for you. Or just brutally murder you if you (read: your AI) fuck around. Fun times :3

On a related note, people who have (or had, if you die >_>) characters can give input and vote when available about where I go next and what I do. So that should be interesting. Interactivity!

So yeah, this is here so people can post if they want a character, traits they want, their name, etc.

People Interested

Gesar
OYID
Coinneach
BgKnight
Smyg

(If you're green, you've posted stuff or we've spoken.)

For an example, Gesar's character looks something like this:
Name: Gesarion Pyke
Base Martial: 4
Base Diplomacy: 8
Base Intrigue: 10
Base Stewardship: 2
Base Learning: 7
Religion: Drowned God
Culture: Ironborn
Traits: Intricate Webweaver, Genius, Bastard, Patient, Knight, Cynical, Ruthless, Paranoid, Weak, Slothful, Deceitful, Shy, Content.
Other: Bastard son of a Harlaw (in this case, the Lord of Harlaw)
You can post an outline if you want and I'll sort out the code-y bit I need to fit into the game. Assuming it all works. Just list a name, age, traits, etc. The general stuff I'd need to know. This is a list of traits for vanilla, GOT has some traits that aren't listed, but if you have special requests or questions and don't have a copy, ask away.
Last edited by Huojin on 12:53:43 Saturday, 15 June, 2013, edited 3 times in total.

Coin
Mise, Pangur Bán agus PILOT WHALES

Post by Coin » 15:20:37 Thursday, 13 June, 2013

GESAR CAN I BE YOUR TWIN :3

Gesar
Social Justice Stasi
Social Justice Stasi

Post by Gesar » 15:24:35 Thursday, 13 June, 2013

Coinneach wrote:GESAR CAN I BE YOUR TWIN :3
Incest twin or regular twin?
Smyg wrote:The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of Gesar coping with being a total fucking a-grade revolutionary thinker

Coin
Mise, Pangur Bán agus PILOT WHALES

Post by Coin » 15:25:26 Thursday, 13 June, 2013

Gesar wrote:
Coinneach wrote:GESAR CAN I BE YOUR TWIN :3
Incest twin or regular twin?
...regular, please. We're here to kill Lannisters, not to emulate them >_>

Edit: That being said, I could be a Northerner :D

Gesar
Social Justice Stasi
Social Justice Stasi

Post by Gesar » 15:27:17 Thursday, 13 June, 2013

Yus. The Bastard Twins of Harlaw :3

Edit: Or Northerner.
Smyg wrote:The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of Gesar coping with being a total fucking a-grade revolutionary thinker

OYID
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post by OYID » 16:14:34 Thursday, 13 June, 2013

I think I'll take you up on your offer of making a cooler version of OYID, instead of making an expert master of coin for Huojin (sorry, Huojin). I'll probably go ahead and make myself Dornish. This will be a weird introspection experiment. So far I have Proud, Wroth and Experimenter (I was hoping there would be some sort of lesser "irritable" trait but fuck it, I'm Wroth now). I'm gonna take a look at the GoT traits later and hopefully post a character later still.
1968 Aliens!: US of A.

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Huojin » 18:29:01 Thursday, 13 June, 2013

Based on what you said on IRC and in the thread, this might work OYID?
SpoilerShow
Desert Expert
Pilgrim
Wroth
Proud
Lunatic
Experimenter
Naive Appeaser
Content
You're welcome to fiddle around with things. And yes, there are base values outside of traits. And if you have no preferences for your heritage, I'll sort something out.
Last edited by Huojin on 18:48:11 Thursday, 13 June, 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Gesar
Social Justice Stasi
Social Justice Stasi

Post by Gesar » 18:32:24 Thursday, 13 June, 2013

I suggest Arbitrary instead of Lunatic for OYID.

OYID
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post by OYID » 01:07:08 Friday, 14 June, 2013

I think Dornish is good: Desertc Proud Libertines sounds about right :mrgreen:

Also, Lunatic gives us random events according to the Wiki, which, as an experimenter, I find completely irresistible.

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Huojin » 11:12:39 Friday, 14 June, 2013

Alrighty, for the record, we've got stuff written up for Smyg and Bg too. OYID, still need a name from you. First will do. This is a list of characters from Dorne (no spoilers, I think), so you can get an idea of the sorts of names. If you merge it or have it influenced by your name, that'd be cool :3

Anyone else? We've got some time before the guys who make the mod release a hotfix for a major bug that's fucking with my playing.

Gesar
Social Justice Stasi
Social Justice Stasi

Post by Gesar » 15:26:34 Friday, 14 June, 2013

(but really OYID you should be a Dalt since their seat is Lemonwood)

OYID
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post by OYID » 16:13:05 Friday, 14 June, 2013

Gesar wrote:(but really OYID you should be a Dalt since their seat is Lemonwood)
Dickon Dalt. Oyidick just sounds stupid >_>

Rising Phoenix
Haegemony supporter. Ludd hater

Post by Rising Phoenix » 20:47:35 Friday, 14 June, 2013

OYID wrote:
Gesar wrote:(but really OYID you should be a Dalt since their seat is Lemonwood)
Dickon Dalt. Oyidick just sounds stupid >_>
Random Intromission: You could always just pretend someone gave you surprised looks and say: "Oh yes I did it, dick!". Would not work so well against females, though.

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Huojin » 17:56:19 Thursday, 15 August, 2013

So I've been writing this thing. Much <3 to Rin for helping me work through the kinks and make it so it didn't sound quite so British.

[spoiler=Bright Lights in the East]The heady vapours wafted in through the walls somehow, almost completely masking the stench of decaying refuse outside. Opium. Even after all this time and the supposed glories of the Emperor, the Chinks still clamoured for the stuff. They blamed the Portuguese, sure, but it's not as if there were any poppy fields on this goddamn island. It'd explain how I got myself in this situation, at any rate. Months of work, planning, waiting, and now it was over. The cold steel pressed against the back of my head made sure I knew it.

"You're a fool, you know." He sounded bored. Sat on a chaise longue in his shabby suit, he perfectly suited the filth and decay of the den beyond the walls. Here though, he just looked out of place, clashing with the more luxurious surrounds of this private room.

I glared back. That's all this bastard was getting from me now. Just finish it. You already have everything you wanted. He sighed and shook his head a little.

"A child might have done much the same as you. Your kind make pretend you are still a great nation, but your time passed long ago. The sun has risen on a new era."

"We are still great. Greater than you yellow bastards," I spit back at him.

He laughed, a meagre, humourless noise. The man to my right punched me. My lip dripped and an Imperial sunburst erupted on my white cotton shirt.

"Is that what they told you after Shinjuwan, when Yamamoto crushed your fleet? Or at San Francisco, where you fell like mayflies?"

What did this bastard know about San Francisco? Nothing, that's what. True patriots had shed their blood, only to be abandoned. It was in my past, anyway... If only I had my fucking gun. It'd kept me safe from SF to the Appalachians, when we were helpless to stop the jets that roared overhead or the madmen that hounded us eastwards to the mountains, forced to hide like insects... Even up to that business in Cuba to Nip Anchorage, it'd been with me. And now it'd probably end up in some Chinese trash heap.

"A nation of children and incompetents, serving a Kraut thug. Such a pity. Your Californian brothers would lament your short-sightedness."

"So what now?"

"You've done this long enough, boy. What do you think?"

"The usual," I sneered. "I've heard the rice wine in your camps tastes like shit."

He sighed again and picked up a newspaper. "Unfortunately, you have a prior engagement." The front page featured my face. "You see, you're found an hour from now in an alley. Stabbed in a robbery gone wrong. A pity to be sure, but such are the dangers that come with visiting this part of town."

Unbidden a server appeared from the bowels of the den, removing the unused pipes and lamps with blank eyes. She barely registered my presence before hurrying out into the smoke once more. The world grows fuzzy. "Wait, I- You-"

A bony hand grasped my shoulder, penetrating the swirling smog that spread through my mind. "Don't worry boy, you have some time yet. You won't feel a thing."[/spoiler]

Return to “Creative Writing”