Freeworld

Write creatively!
Cthulhuvong
Chaos God of Nation Simming

Freeworld

Postby Cthulhuvong » 07:21:35 Monday, 09 December, 2013

I didn't really know where to put this, but it seems best here. I've created a thought experiment called Freeworld. Basically, imagine you and a fairly large group of people are stranded on an alien planet with no way to return home. You now must create your own society called "Freeworld", but must write the rules for it.

Now a few weeks back I learned of a website called Github.com (thats "Git-hub", not "Gith-ub"), which is a Version Control System (what is used to organize major projects for IT and programming firms). Most VCS' are hierarchical and organized, in that you work on this, I work on that, and never the twain shall our works meet unless someone higher up puts them together. Git Hub is different, in that everyone can edit everything, all the time, and even at the same time. Basically it gives each post a unique key, and keeps a record of every change (like Wikis do). Eventually you may make a decision that makes the idea break off into its own section, which is called "Forking" the idea.

My thought was, what if we use this for that thought experiment at the top? Anyone can edit, revert, and fork as they wish. We work to make a society that functions as we see fit. If it kicks off here, I'll invite others (some libertarians to mix it up maybe?) and see what happens. If there is interest I'll post a link up to it.
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

"Sir, It is a well-known fact that young people are generally leftwing. It is also well-known that as people get older, they become more rightwing.
It is also a fact that, as people get older, their brain cells die at a faster and faster rate. I would therefore like to propose that conservatism be classified as a degenerative disease."
~letter to the Guardian, 1971

"I mean, being a freedom fighter, a…a force for good, it's…it's a wonderful thing. You get to make your own hours, looks good on a resume, but the pay…SUCKS."
~Alfred Bester, Babylon 5

Serenissima
(Not) Molotov's Favourite Psychic Schoolgirl

Re: Freeworld

Postby Serenissima » 17:55:22 Monday, 09 December, 2013

First rule: we kill all of the libertarians. Cunts. :p
"Imagine lies, and then write them down in order. That is literally all authors do!"

Louisiana: Antoine d'Ailly, captain of Sorcière, commodore of the Marine de l'Assemblée
Metal Gear BoP: Japan
Saenwyn: Jace Kern, Duke of Tailledun
1968: French Fifth Republic

Cthulhuvong

Postby Cthulhuvong » 00:46:16 Tuesday, 10 December, 2013

https://github.com/Cthulhuvong/freeworld

I've already set up 3 rules. But you can modify them as you wish. Or add more.

"Sir, It is a well-known fact that young people are generally leftwing. It is also well-known that as people get older, they become more rightwing.
It is also a fact that, as people get older, their brain cells die at a faster and faster rate. I would therefore like to propose that conservatism be classified as a degenerative disease."

"I mean, being a freedom fighter, a…a force for good, it's…it's a wonderful thing. You get to make your own hours, looks good on a resume, but the pay…SUCKS."

OYID
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Postby OYID » 01:19:07 Friday, 13 December, 2013

Yo I changed some stuff but I think you need to change the permissions or something I dunno.
1968: Cuba.

Cthulhuvong

Postby Cthulhuvong » 03:03:06 Friday, 13 December, 2013

OYID wrote:Yo I changed some stuff but I think you need to change the permissions or something I dunno.

Yea try now.

Return to “Creative Writing”