Designated Shitposter
Designated Shitposter

Saenwyn's Royal Capital: Gerand's Keep

Postby Huojin » 23:38:08 Friday, 10 April, 2015

Saenwyn's Royal Capital: Gerand's Keep

-

THE ROYAL HOUSE TREMAYNE:

Image Image
KING CORENTIN, a young man of nine-and-ten, and QUEEN MARCIA, Queen-Consort of Saenwyn, Princess of the Holy Kingdom of Ividal, a young woman of seven-and-ten.

PRINCE ETTIEN, brother of King Corentin and son of King Jowan, and heir-apparent to the Kingdom of Saenwyn. A young man of six-and-ten, renowned for his swordsmanship.

MASTER CADELL SHORNHAL, Lord Mayor of Gerand’s Keep, a man of five-and-forty, and former mentor of the King’s Chancellor, and CILLIAN ODILE, King’s Chancellor and close friend of the King, as well as the son of a merchant prince. A man of six-and-twenty.

MISTRESS LUCREZIA ODILE, his wife of two-and-twenty, known as much for her barbed tongue as her beauty.

LORD VALAMIR GETIC, an exiled Voslavjan lord of four-and-twenty, whose half-brother ousted him from his lands.

FAEL OF MHAERER, Commander of the Sovereign’s Doorward Guard, a forty year old Clawborne warrior who fought alongside King Jowan during the Pretender’s Strife.

THE MU’AMININ IL-JABRIN, the three-and-ninety year old Elf who serves as Alsheraadi Ambassador to Saenwyn.
The Gesarist Manifesto, chapter 5 opening foreword wrote:"The guerrilla must move like a fish in the sea, namely by drinking until you can delude yourself into hoping rich bastards will be gone one day."

• Louisiana 1792: Fils de la Révolution - GM/Author
  • Balance of Power: 1968 - Iraqi Republic
  • Saenwyn: A Song of Ashes - Corentin of House Tremayne, King of Saenwyn and Defender of the Realm

(excuse me while I blow my own trumpet)

Smyg the slow-running Louisiana
Smyg is pretty much the storytelling epic
Smyg of this century
Smyg Huojin is writing the Great American Novel and it's not even American

Huojin
Designated Shitposter
Designated Shitposter

Re: Saenwyn's Royal Capital: Gerand's Keep

Postby Huojin » 03:39:36 Monday, 27 February, 2017

Provision on the Rights Feudal and Royal

Promulgated by the Royal Court, the following are re-established and confirmed as rights deriving from and having relation to those oaths and obligations born of fealty between lord and vassal.

In the name of the King, the right of safe convoy throughout the Kingdom is enshrined for all nobles of the land; and that violation of this most sacred of rights shall have the most serious consequences.

In the name of the King, his lords are affirmed in their exclusive right to hunt in lands reserved to them as aside from the Commons; with game taken in accordance with their feudatory rank.

In the name of the King, the exclusive noble right to the wearing of spurs according to rank is maintained and enshrined.

In the name of the King, the exclusive noble right to judicial authority within their domains is maintained, with recourse of appeal only to the King himself and his appointed justices.

In the name of the King, none from amongst his lords may be compelled by a creditor to surrender immediately any property claimed, and may obtain one year's delay in compliance.

In the name of the King, no lord shall be fully deprived of his property upon just seizure or confiscation by his overlord; being entitled to keep his horse, his squire's horse, his harness and armour, his bed, his robe, his wife's bed, his wife's dress, his wife's ring, and other such necessities to the maintenance of his house.

In the name of the King, no noble shall be subject to torture after trial, save where condemned to death for any crime committed.

In the name of the King, where any person dies without direct heir within his domain, that lord shall have the right of disinheritance; to claim all the goods and property of that person or otherwise apportion their estate.

In the name of the King, where any mineral or treasure is found within a land, or ship becomes wrecked upon a shore, the lord of that land shall have rights to them; save that they must be reported to the Crown, and that any good discovered may be acquired by the Crown for a fairly determined price.

In the name of the King, a tax may be claimed by an overlord upon - the knighting of the eldest son; marriage of the eldest daughter; ransoming upon being held; and when a fief or domain changes hands.

-

SO PROCLAIMED

The Gesarist Manifesto, chapter 5 opening foreword wrote:"The guerrilla must move like a fish in the sea, namely by drinking until you can delude yourself into hoping rich bastards will be gone one day."

• Saenwyn: A Song of Ashes - Corentin of House Tremayne, King of Saenwyn and Defender of the Realm

Smyg of this century

Coin
Mise, Pangur Bán agus PILOT WHALES

Postby Coin » 12:34:41 Sunday, 05 March, 2017

A rough-bearded, if well-dressed man arrives at the royal keep, attended to by four guards bearing House Redlance colours and plaided cloaks of the Clawborne. A young boy - rescued, apparently, from some bandits who accosted the party - looks in wonder at the opulent surroundings from behind the second guard's feet. Those with an interest in gossip whisper to each other with interest - they arrived in Gerand's Keep not two days ago, staying in The Old Flagon - and the man, they say, is the Duke of Nolvagne's brother-in-law.

Upon their arrival in the great hall, the royal herald is handed a scroll, and announces the party after deciphering the smudged writing:

"The Lord Cormac of Firsthold, warden of the Northpass, and Envoy of the Redtower. He brings a petition from the Duchy of Nolvagne for the Crown's blessing."

The man bows deeply to the throne, and in a loud but often slowed voice, hails the king.

"All hail His Grace, Corentin of House Tremayne, King of Saenwyn, Lord Protector of the Crownlands, Count of Gerand's Keep, and Defender of the Realm. I bring word from your loyal servant the Duke of Nolvagne, and his blessings and good wishes to the royal house and court. The northholds stand fast, and peaceful; though the Maryaenae sail south-east once more, past the Claw, and may threaten Saenwyne coasts."

From his own cloak, another scroll is produced, and tossed to a surprised court scribe. The red wax of the seal is intact, and bears the sigil of House Redlance.

"That news is of course not new to the court, and my lord the Duke of Nolvagne did not send me here to speak of this alone, though I have note of observation of numbers to share with the Captain of Ships. I do instead come with a petition from mine own chief, aimed at strengthening both the defence of our northern coasts, and the commercial gain of our duchy and all Saenwyne."

"The long coast of the Duchy of Nolvagne knows many small harbours and ports, and long-vessels beach upon many a trading shore. It was hence, it is said, that mine own forefathers arrived once, the Pantheon bless their names. But the ancient ports of Nolvagne are no longer as well-maintained as once they were; and between the City of Glass and Gerand's Keep, there are few if any places a royal galley might put in safely in a storm, or a merchant barge might seek to dock to buy and sell."

"The petition handed to Your Grace's loyal scribe seeks the crown's blessing for the rebuilding of a naval harbour on the north coast of Nolvagne, west of Littleclaw. My liege the Duke is himself minded to fund the fishing fleet and fish salting of the region by means of this new port, and to improve the landward access to the coast from Glenrua. However, in order that royal galleys might gain a new harbour, we would request assistance of the Crown in the necessary works of engineers to expand and fortify such a naval base as might be found fitting."

Huojin
Designated Shitposter
Designated Shitposter

Postby Huojin » 02:38:02 Wednesday, 08 March, 2017

Royal Charter for the Port of Calatuath

In the name of His Grace, Corentin I of the House Tremayne, King of Saenwyn, Lord Protector of the Crownlands, Count of Gerand's Keep and Defender of the Realm,

Whereas our loving and well-disposed subjects of the Duchy of Nolvagne, led in this matter by Lord Douglass of House Redlance, have been humble suitors unto the Crown, we grant them licence and charter to establish in the town of Calatuath a new port for the northern coast of the Kingdom, west of Littleclaw.

And to that end, for the more speedy accomplishment of their intended establishment, the Crown shall render all assistance in the works and planning of this establishment.

And moreover we do grant the receipt of all tariffs, tolls and taxes pursuant to this establishment to the Duchy of Nolvagne, to be excepted only in matters of shipping bearing the royal standard, which shall render no such fees.

Finally, separate provision shall be made in the newly chartered port of Calatuath for the establishment of war docks in regards to the Royal Navy, ships thereto belonging having full freedom of travel to and from the port without restriction.

-

Smyg of this century

Smyg
GETTIN' REAL TIRED OF YOUR MACHIAVELLIAN BULLSHIT, GESAR

Postby Smyg » 21:21:39 Wednesday, 08 March, 2017

A long-time resident of Gerand's Keep, and a rarely seen if respected member of the entourage around the Royal Court, follows not long after Lord Cormac of Firsthold, coming to present another petition. Once noted for his tourney skills, the man - his beard beginning to grey, and his joints aching - put down the lance and sword after the Pretender's Strife, during which he saw his father slain at the Siege of Dainhall. After gaining vengeance, he turned to diplomacy instead, marrying a burgher's daughter in the capital. As of the last two years, he has been the foremost retainer of Gidion Dain, his wartime commander, at court.

The royal herald seems to be informed of his identity and purpose already.
"Sir Joar of House Cranequin, brother to the Baron of Mirebloom. He brings a petition from the Lord Regent of Cambaern, on behalf of Duke Arrick Dain." The family name was simplistic, but apt. Although all records of their births and deaths had been lost to a fire - blamed on a witch, but more likely the result of carelessness - over a century ago, tradition clearly held that the first of the line had been a lowborn Burgone soldier by the name of Verin. One of many arbalists in the retinue of Sir Edinn Dain, he took part in the adventurer's campaign against the local An Saennan clans, winning enough favour to have his son Giron be squired to the "One-Eyed". A minor knightly house for centuries, in steadfast service under the Barons of Edinnclif (and once married to an acknowledged bastard daughter of a Dain lord), Sir Joar's great grandfather was granted a keep and title of his own, seized from a vassal of the old Nantesse dukes, on the very edge of the Outer Mire.

The knight-diplomat bows deeply, if not as deeply as the new arrival Lord Cormac, and salutes the throne. "Hail His Grace, Corentin of House Tremayne, King of Saenwyn, Defender of the Realm. The Duke and Lord Regent of Cambaern send their regards, and greatest thanks for the speedy reply to their announcement of an autumn tourney at Dainhall. Our lands have long been fertile and prosperous, and we shall gladly celebrate that with the blood kin of His Majesty."

He produces, like his predecessor before the monarch, a brief scroll, bearing the request of his liege. "However, not all of Your Grace's subjects are as lucky. The Duchy of Massalia are suffering a poor harvest, and the smallfolk are desperate. The Duke is of a kind heart, and wishes to provide aid. Thus, Lord Regent Gidion has drawn up a proposal to provide immediate relief: The temporary suspension of ducal tolls, taxes or other tariffs on all manners of grains and other foodstuffs being exported from Cambaern to Massalia, and the creation of a ducally-funded caravan system, providing transport and security to those who wish to sell their produce in Massalia. These two boons will be free and open to all dutiful tax-payers among the folk of Cambaern, to encourage all honest men to sell their goods to their eastern, less fortunate neighbours." He coughs.

"I come before Your Grace to seek the crown's blessing in two ways: Firstly, a royal endorsement of the Lord Regent's authority to implement this plan, and all other immediate measures required to upkeep the order, stability and prosperity of Cambaern. Secondly, a decree announcing the suspension of all royal tax-collecting and toll-taking on the Cambaernian-Massalian trade, for the duration of one year, with the possibility of future renewal, to support the Duke's wish to provide food to those starving."

Huojin
Designated Shitposter
Designated Shitposter

Postby Huojin » 21:24:38 Saturday, 11 March, 2017

Provision on Taxation in relation to Cambaern and Massalia

Promulgated by the Royal Court, the following declarations are made in relation to matters of taxation and the Duchy of Cambaern.

In the name of the King, the authority and standing of the Lord Regent of Cambaern, Gidion Dain, is sanctioned and reaffirmed.

In the name of the King, the specific powers of the Lord Regent to make such appropriations and laws relating to taxation as they affect solely his regency are affirmed and granted the full force of Royal sanction.

In the name of the King, a temporary suspension of the collection of royal taxes, tolls, duties and other measures relating to Cambaern-Massalian trade relating to foodstuffs and agricultural products for the duration of one year.

In the name of the King, future provision is made for assessment of these suspensions after the expiration of one year, with a view to their renewal as required by the economic situation in the region.

-

SO PROCLAIMED

Smyg of this century

Huojin
Designated Shitposter
Designated Shitposter

Postby Huojin » 03:23:42 Saturday, 25 March, 2017

Royal Charter for the King Jowan Sea-faring Academy

In the name of His Grace, Corentin I of the House Tremayne, King of Saenwyn, Lord Protector of the Crownlands, Count of Gerand's Keep and Defender of the Realm, etc.,

Whereas the naval and sea-going defences of this Kingdom shall be considered of paramount important to the maintenance of our defence and trade, licence and charter is granted for the establishment of an academy in order to strengthen the training and command abilities of such men as the Royal Navy may recruit for the better facilitation of those aims.

And to that end, the Crown grants full right and oversight of the operation of this academy to its hereafter constituted governors and convenors, to be overseen in its operation by the Lord Admiral.

And moreover all such necessary rights and requirements for the integrations between the academy and the Royal Navy shall be available to it under the auspices of the Lord Admiral.

And moreover that the Crown grants and assigns absolutely to the academy its hereafter held premises and land.

And moreover that the academy shall have the right as deemed necessary in its governance and administration to set such fees and bills required of its admitted body for the maintenance and expansion of its stated aims, restricted as they are by the contents of this charter.

Finally that in matters of final recourse, judgement and decision, all rights and powers over the exercise and operation of the chartered academy shall be reserved in perpetuity to the Crown.

-

Smyg of this century

Return to “Saenwyn: A Song of Ashes”