Arthur Joseph Goldberg
Permanent Representative of the United States of America to the United Nations
To this end, the US delegation proposes the following resolution to be adopted by the Security Council. We firmly believe that the adoption of this resolution should be a statement of intent on the part of the United Nations as a whole, that we shall not endorse or encourage such wanton destruction and blatant aggression to uninvolved neighbouring states.
The Security Council,
Considering the complaints issued by the Kingdom of Laos in regards to the violation of their sovereignty,
Deeply concerned at the present invasion of the sovereign Kingdom of Laos in violation of the norms of international law,
Recalling that such violations have occurred in the recent past and have wrought death and destruction in their course,
Gravely alarmed by the already mounting death toll as a result of this attack,
Determining that there exists a breach of international peace and security as regards this invasion,
1. Reaffirms its commitment to the peaceful resolution of conflicts and the principles inherent in the United Nations Charter.
2. Deplores the violence that has here occurred.
3. Condemns the second North Vietnamese invasion of Laos.
4. Calls upon the North Vietnamese forces to immediately withdraw from Laos.
5. Invites those responsible to take all appropriate measures to prevent such further violations of Laotian sovereignty.
6. Requests that fair compensation be made the the Laotian government for damage caused.