Questions & Inaccuracies

Sign ups, game updates, administrative stuff, out of character discussion and national newspapers.
Huojin
General Secretary
General Secretary

Re: Questions & Inaccuracies

Post by Huojin » 14:51:32 Friday, 14 October, 2016

I uh, didn't say shit about Nathu La? Can you redact that stuff, maybe? India hasn't demilitarised shit - if China's done stuff to their side, they're welcome to, but here the border is closed.

scorpion
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post by scorpion » 16:01:07 Friday, 14 October, 2016

Huojin wrote:I uh, didn't say shit about Nathu La? Can you redact that stuff, maybe? India hasn't demilitarised shit - if China's done stuff to their side, they're welcome to, but here the border is closed.
Roger that, missed taking out that bit from the factual news. Apologies.
Metal Gear BoP-GM
1936 BoP-Nazi Germany
1971 BoP-France
Klash of Kings-King Stannis Baratheon

Huojin
General Secretary
General Secretary

Post by Huojin » 16:18:56 Friday, 14 October, 2016

scorpion wrote:
Huojin wrote:I uh, didn't say shit about Nathu La? Can you redact that stuff, maybe? India hasn't demilitarised shit - if China's done stuff to their side, they're welcome to, but here the border is closed.
Roger that, missed taking out that bit from the factual news. Apologies.
No worries mate, just eager to avoid getting flack for something I didn't do :P

Zhukar
Hoxhaist
Hoxhaist

Post by Zhukar » 12:25:41 Tuesday, 18 October, 2016

What is the current state of embargos concerning North Korea? I ask because there are several that were applied shortly before our start date but I don't recall reading about them here; UNSCR 1540 and 1695 in particular, as well as some separate US ones if I'm not mistaken.
Russian Republic, KR
South Korea, MG

scorpion
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post by scorpion » 13:07:37 Tuesday, 18 October, 2016

UNSC 1540 was passed as it occurrd before our game start date. Resolution 1695, concerning North Korea has not passed(due to it taking place after game start), nor has it been brought to the UNSC by any player.
Metal Gear BoP-GM
1936 BoP-Nazi Germany
1971 BoP-France

Huojin
General Secretary
General Secretary

Post by Huojin » 16:57:28 Tuesday, 18 October, 2016

Am I right in reading that the UNGA approved Philanthropy despite most major powers coming out against approving the organisation? Seems a little weird that no one followed what is a clear international trend against them and in favour of expanding the remit of existing organisations.

Useful Dave
Hoxhaist
Hoxhaist

Post by Useful Dave » 17:15:15 Tuesday, 18 October, 2016

Huojin wrote:Am I right in reading that the UNGA approved Philanthropy despite most major powers coming out against approving the organisation? Seems a little weird that no one followed what is a clear international trend against them and in favour of expanding the remit of existing organisations.
I believe that's because it was recognised in MGS canon.

scorpion
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post by scorpion » 17:19:08 Tuesday, 18 October, 2016

Huojin wrote:Am I right in reading that the UNGA approved Philanthropy despite most major powers coming out against approving the organisation? Seems a little weird that no one followed what is a clear international trend against them and in favour of expanding the remit of existing organisations.
Many nations that voted for it have reasons for wanting to ensure metal gear technology is stopped. The United States having to put up with the fallout of Shadow moses is one reason. Having such technology falling into the wrong hands, as it did in the fox islands represents a real danger to peace. Then their is Russia openly pursuing such tech.

Because it is the UNGA it is not a binding recognition ,and philanthropy does indeed remain a 'fringe' movement due to little or no support from major world powers.
Metal Gear BoP-GM
1936 BoP-Nazi Germany
1971 BoP-France

Huojin
General Secretary
General Secretary

Post by Huojin » 17:38:54 Tuesday, 18 October, 2016

Of course people want to stop the technology, but expanding the remit of the IAEA was by far a more popular option. It strikes me that with many prominent nations disapproving of Philanthropy and proposing a widely agreed alternative, the majority of the UNGA would vote against the measure and wait for the IAEA to expand its operating bounds.

scorpion
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post by scorpion » 17:55:50 Tuesday, 18 October, 2016

Huojin wrote:Of course people want to stop the technology, but expanding the remit of the IAEA was by far a more popular option. It strikes me that with many prominent nations disapproving of Philanthropy and proposing a widely agreed alternative, the majority of the UNGA would vote against the measure and wait for the IAEA to expand its operating bounds.
If an official proposal to expand the IAEA, and what that entails, is put forth it will make a small group like philantropy redundant. So that is indeed something the un-recognizing nations could do.
Metal Gear BoP-GM
1936 BoP-Nazi Germany
1971 BoP-France

Huojin
General Secretary
General Secretary

Post by Huojin » 18:18:11 Tuesday, 18 October, 2016

scorpion wrote:
Huojin wrote:Of course people want to stop the technology, but expanding the remit of the IAEA was by far a more popular option. It strikes me that with many prominent nations disapproving of Philanthropy and proposing a widely agreed alternative, the majority of the UNGA would vote against the measure and wait for the IAEA to expand its operating bounds.
If an official proposal to expand the IAEA, and what that entails, is put forth it will make a small group like philantropy redundant. So that is indeed something the un-recognizing nations could do.
The IAEA is an independent organisation from the United Nations. It would, in light of international support for the idea, make an internal decision via the Board of Governors. Or something like that.

Useful Dave
Hoxhaist
Hoxhaist

Post by Useful Dave » 19:22:18 Saturday, 22 October, 2016

A curious question regarding Australia's AAS rating.

Given the Kanimbla-class landing platform and their typical use as helicopter carriers, would they start at 1, or need to research it?

Equally, would the time-span the RAN spent operating actual full-deck carriers (From 1947 until 1982) leave any capacity to work from in their research values, as the last carrier operated, HMAS Melbourne, was a Cold War relic, this could apply to Tier 2 given her lack of retrofits.

Serenissima
England Expects Every Man Will Do His Duty

Post by Serenissima » 21:12:39 Sunday, 30 October, 2016

I don't quite know what has been read, but I'm preeeety sure that everyone in Asia doesn't massively hate and fear Japan any more than everybody in Europe starts anti-German demonstrations all the time, especially in 2007. :P
"Imagine lies, and then write them down in order. That is literally all authors do!"

Serenissima's WW2 BoP: The GM (obviously)
Metal Gear BoP: Japan
Kaiserreich BoP: Canada

scorpion
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post by scorpion » 22:04:47 Sunday, 30 October, 2016

Serenissima wrote:I don't quite know what has been read, but I'm preeeety sure that everyone in Asia doesn't massively hate and fear Japan any more than everybody in Europe starts anti-German demonstrations all the time, especially in 2007. :P

These minor protests are hardly everyone massively hating Japan. Yes, some populations will be un-happy regardless of agreements made between governments. Yes some populations are wary of the re-milirization taking place, others see it as Japan rightfully creating a capable defense. Some populations distrust, Japanese military operations in the Philippines, others welcome them as an ally against terrorism. Some people in South Korea hold onto the atrocities committed in WW2 despite public government apologies, others understand Japan is a capable ally in checking North Korea, and will swallow their pride to have that. This is the case for nearly every country, as there is always some opposition to an action taken, even if it does not make it into the news all the time., as i can't possibly do that for every turn or my job as a GM becomes so bogged down concerning population likes/dislikes that the whole game slows right down, and updates become less frequent.

I have to maintain a pace, and i cannot spend hours upon hours on writing this stuff, as i have a job and social life that are to be maintained. So i'm doing my best with the time I have, and prioritizing what is necessary.
Metal Gear BoP-GM
1936 BoP-Nazi Germany
1971 BoP-France

Serenissima
England Expects Every Man Will Do His Duty

Post by Serenissima » 00:21:43 Monday, 31 October, 2016

scorpion wrote: I have to maintain a pace, and i cannot spend hours upon hours on writing this stuff, as i have a job and social life that are to be maintained. So i'm doing my best with the time I have, and prioritizing what is necessary.
I appreciate the GMing work you do, and the time requirements it imposes. I'd just appreciate it if the far crazier actions of others were necessarily 'prioritised' in future as well as me, rather than exclusively singling out Japan for being a sane liberal democracy faced with a re-arming nuclear North Korea, hostile China, untrustworthy United States with the 'Shadow Moses' thing, and so on, is all.
"Imagine lies, and then write them down in order. That is literally all authors do!"

Serenissima's WW2 BoP: The GM (obviously)
Metal Gear BoP: Japan
Kaiserreich BoP: Canada

Return to “News”