Questions & Inaccuracies

Sign ups, game updates, administrative stuff, out of character discussion and national newspapers.
Coin
Mise, Pangur Bán agus PILOT WHALES

Re: Questions & Inaccuracies

Post by Coin » 11:02:32 Monday, 31 October, 2016

Serenissima wrote:
scorpion wrote: I have to maintain a pace, and i cannot spend hours upon hours on writing this stuff, as i have a job and social life that are to be maintained. So i'm doing my best with the time I have, and prioritizing what is necessary.
I appreciate the GMing work you do, and the time requirements it imposes. I'd just appreciate it if the far crazier actions of others were necessarily 'prioritised' in future as well as me, rather than exclusively singling out Japan for being a sane liberal democracy faced with a re-arming nuclear North Korea, hostile China, untrustworthy United States with the 'Shadow Moses' thing, and so on, is all.
Doubtless that might be how it looks from Tokyo, but things aren't black and white - and it's a very different situation to Germany in Europe today, given Asia's lack of any real unity a la NATO/EU.
KR: Unie van Suid-Afrika
MG BoP: Medīnat Yisrā'el
V4: Kormákr Thorbrandsson

Serenissima
England Expects Every Man Will Do His Duty

Post by Serenissima » 13:45:59 Monday, 31 October, 2016

Coin wrote:
Serenissima wrote:
scorpion wrote: I have to maintain a pace, and i cannot spend hours upon hours on writing this stuff, as i have a job and social life that are to be maintained. So i'm doing my best with the time I have, and prioritizing what is necessary.
I appreciate the GMing work you do, and the time requirements it imposes. I'd just appreciate it if the far crazier actions of others were necessarily 'prioritised' in future as well as me, rather than exclusively singling out Japan for being a sane liberal democracy faced with a re-arming nuclear North Korea, hostile China, untrustworthy United States with the 'Shadow Moses' thing, and so on, is all.
Doubtless that might be how it looks from Tokyo, but things aren't black and white - and it's a very different situation to Germany in Europe today, given Asia's lack of any real unity a la NATO/EU.
Germany's remilitarising, has left NATO, and has been asking for their Eastern European territories back with nary a peep of demonstations. My point is less that the protests shouldn't be happening and more that they might do well to happen elsewhere to other people sometimes for once, a bit more equally. :p
"Imagine lies, and then write them down in order. That is literally all authors do!"

Serenissima's WW2 BoP: The GM (obviously)
Metal Gear BoP: Japan
V4: Hubèrt d'Amboise
Interesting Times: Rektor Hedvika Nováková of the Universita
Reconquista: King Vermudo of Leon-Galicia
1985 BoP: ☭☭☭☭

scorpion
Chairman
Chairman

Post by scorpion » 14:17:20 Monday, 31 October, 2016

Germany has not requested previous territory from npc's. They also have not withdrawn from NATO.
Metal Gear BoP-GM
1936 BoP-Nazi Germany
1971 BoP-France

Master of Oblivion
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Master of Oblivion » 03:03:41 Tuesday, 01 November, 2016

Hey Scorp, two of my techs have advanced.
1990: Israel
Metal Gear: Iran
New Vegas: Salvador
Brazil: Proletarian Unification Party
1936: Empire of Japan
1971: China
Kaiserreich: CSA
You either die Fo'Dolo or see yourself live long enough to be the Patton.

scorpion
Chairman
Chairman

Post by scorpion » 10:54:46 Tuesday, 01 November, 2016

Master of Oblivion wrote:Hey Scorp, two of my techs have advanced.
The cyber tech has, the aa tech will this turn. Will fix stats when im home. Sorry about that
Metal Gear BoP-GM
1936 BoP-Nazi Germany
1971 BoP-France

Red John
Stalinist
Stalinist

Post by Red John » 23:51:08 Tuesday, 01 November, 2016

Can we do NPC diplomacy inbetweenest turns, or only during our turn report?

Serenissima

Post by Serenissima » 00:08:15 Wednesday, 02 November, 2016

Red John wrote:Can we do NPC diplomacy inbetweenest turns, or only during our turn report?
I've done it during turns before for more detailed diplomacy by PM.
"Imagine lies, and then write them down in order. That is literally all authors do!"

scorpion
Chairman
Chairman

Post by scorpion » 00:11:24 Wednesday, 02 November, 2016

Red John wrote:Can we do NPC diplomacy inbetweenest turns, or only during our turn report?

Diplomacy can occur via pm before a turn is due. And can resume again when the news is out as i need time to process the previous diplomacy and turns.

Advisers can be addressed at any point in time however.
Metal Gear BoP-GM
1936 BoP-Nazi Germany
1971 BoP-France

Olligarchy
Hoxhaist
Hoxhaist

Post by Olligarchy » 10:40:51 Sunday, 27 November, 2016

So how will my takeover of the UK be handled mechanically and canonically? Will I bring forth another government despite the General Elections not happening for a while yet, or what?

Also Scorpion, could you PM or something me with what Luc was doing as the UK so I get the gist of what he was planning?
HM Government in Balance of Power: Metal Gear Universe
Landsgrave Ernst Ludwig of Hesse-Darmstadt in Balance of Power: 1715

Serenissima

Post by Serenissima » 14:05:58 Sunday, 27 November, 2016

Olligarchy wrote:So how will my takeover of the UK be handled mechanically and canonically? Will I bring forth another government despite the General Elections not happening for a while yet, or what?

Also Scorpion, could you PM or something me with what Luc was doing as the UK so I get the gist of what he was planning?
You get a briefing PM from advisors at the start of each turn regardless.

In terms of the first question, it usually just steps directly into the same shoes, I believe. Though as historically Blair steps down soon and there is a Labour Party leadership contest, you do have that opportunity to pick a figure from Labour you want to support as PM.

In the same way, due to the world situation, I backed Sadakazu Tanigaki as leader of Japan's LDP, over the historical pick of Shinzo Abe, and that was successful. So you don't have to be stuck with Gordon Brown soon, perhaps.

DutchGuy
Leftose Intolerant

Post by DutchGuy » 14:27:18 Sunday, 27 November, 2016

Serenissima wrote:
Olligarchy wrote:So how will my takeover of the UK be handled mechanically and canonically? Will I bring forth another government despite the General Elections not happening for a while yet, or what?

In terms of the first question, it usually just steps directly into the same shoes, I believe. Though as historically Blair steps down soon and there is a Labour Party leadership contest, you do have that opportunity to pick a figure from Labour you want to support as PM.

In the same way, due to the world situation, I backed Sadakazu Tanigaki as leader of Japan's LDP, over the historical pick of Shinzo Abe, and that was successful. So you don't have to be stuck with Gordon Brown soon, perhaps.
Or, if you are sick of Labour rule, the conservatives are also an option ;)
The Republic of Turkey in scorpion's Metal Gear BoP 2006
The Kingdom of Hungary in Serenissima's 1936 BoP

Serenissima

Post by Serenissima » 14:43:23 Sunday, 27 November, 2016

DutchGuy wrote:
Serenissima wrote:

Or, if you are sick of Labour rule, the conservatives are also an option ;)
No election until 2010, though, and Labour just won their 5-year term in 2005. So it'll be Labour for a while, with the way the game works.

Olligarchy
Hoxhaist
Hoxhaist

Post by Olligarchy » 16:30:08 Sunday, 27 November, 2016

Neat...thanks for the info guys!

Figure given the state the UKs finances appear to be in, I might change from Blair with a labour leadership contest or something to represent differing views taking over.

Unless anyone object's?

scorpion
Chairman
Chairman

Post by scorpion » 00:55:02 Monday, 28 November, 2016

So how will my takeover of the UK be handled mechanically and canonically? Will I bring forth another government despite the General Elections not happening for a while yet, or what?

Mechanically and Canonically the UK will be under Tony Blair when you take control of it. As Seren has said though, opportunities to shift power can, and do present themselves. This will especially be truer as the game progresses further from the start date as world events, and player politics will undoubtedly produce ripple effects.

I will PM you Luc's previous turns once I finish the news. I'm still processing player turns atm and those will take priority until the news, map and stats are up. You will not be able to accurately gauge Britain's situation until that is updated anyhow.
Metal Gear BoP-GM
1936 BoP-Nazi Germany
1971 BoP-France

Olligarchy
Hoxhaist
Hoxhaist

Post by Olligarchy » 10:26:53 Monday, 28 November, 2016

scorpion wrote:

Mechanically and Canonically the UK will be under Tony Blair when you take control of it. As Seren has said though, opportunities to shift power can, and do present themselves. This will especially be truer as the game progresses further from the start date as world events, and player politics will undoubtedly produce ripple effects.

I will PM you Luc's previous turns once I finish the news. I'm still processing player turns atm and those will take priority until the news, map and stats are up. You will not be able to accurately gauge Britain's situation until that is updated anyhow.
Thanks.

Return to “News”