UNSC: Iranian Sanctions

Discussion of and voting on pressing world matters.
User avatar
scorpion
Chairman
Chairman
Posts: 1549
Joined: 19:43:14 Friday, 03 August, 2012

Re: UNSC: Iranian Sanctions

Post by scorpion » 20:56:40 Monday, 29 January, 2018

Non Permanent Member vote: 8 in favor, 1 not in favor, 1 abstain.
In Favor:
Austria
Costa Rica
Croatia
Bangladesh
Mexico
Turkey
Uganda
Vietnam

Not In Favor:
Libya

Abstain:
Burkina Faso
Metal Gear BoP-GM
1936 BoP-Nazi Germany
1971 BoP-France

MTFD
Anarcho-Communist
Anarcho-Communist
Posts: 78
Joined: 23:45:21 Monday, 05 September, 2016

Re: UNSC: Iranian Sanctions

Post by MTFD » 22:20:50 Thursday, 08 February, 2018

Iran's continued flagrant disregard of the sanctions and the UN no-fly zone is simply unacceptable. They have fired on and killed international units which were there to keep the peace. The blame for the escalation of this conflict falls squarely on Iran. There needs to be tougher action against this regime. They have shown over and over again that they are willing to attack international peacekeeping forces. If Iran continues to prevent international IAEA inspectors from entering the country and overseeing the dismantling of it's nuclear weapons program, then we urge this body to support stronger action.

User avatar
Master of Oblivion
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 805
Joined: 02:29:10 Tuesday, 07 August, 2012

Re: UNSC: Iranian Sanctions

Post by Master of Oblivion » 21:45:15 Wednesday, 14 February, 2018

Iran already warned about efforts to invade its sovereignty. USA and Japanese aircraft infringed on our airspace. If such violations continue they will result in similar efforts. When this body is willing to negotiate and not act as the tool of Zionist interests we will be willing to talk. However as long as the USA continues to illegally occupy Iraq and the Zionists are willing to occupy Palestine, we are prepared for the long haul. The innocence of our belief will triumph over your cynicism.
1990: Israel
Metal Gear: Iran
New Vegas: Salvador
Brazil: Proletarian Unification Party
1936: Empire of Japan
1971: China
Kaiserreich: CSA
You either die Fo'Dolo or see yourself live long enough to be the Patton.

MTFD
Anarcho-Communist
Anarcho-Communist
Posts: 78
Joined: 23:45:21 Monday, 05 September, 2016

Re: UNSC: Iranian Sanctions

Post by MTFD » 00:37:30 Thursday, 15 February, 2018

Master of Oblivion wrote:
21:45:15 Wednesday, 14 February, 2018
Iran already warned about efforts to invade its sovereignty. USA and Japanese aircraft infringed on our airspace. If such violations continue they will result in similar efforts. When this body is willing to negotiate and not act as the tool of Zionist interests we will be willing to talk. However as long as the USA continues to illegally occupy Iraq and the Zionists are willing to occupy Palestine, we are prepared for the long haul. The innocence of our belief will triumph over your cynicism.
The operation was authorized by the UNSC, that makes these actions completely legal under international law. Iran simply needs to accept the very lenient demands in the UNSC resolution for this situation to be resolved.

User avatar
Master of Oblivion
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 805
Joined: 02:29:10 Tuesday, 07 August, 2012

Re: UNSC: Iranian Sanctions

Post by Master of Oblivion » 04:47:30 Thursday, 15 February, 2018

Under Iranian law foreign military aircraft cannot enter our airspace without our permission. If you want us to halt assaults on your aircraft refrain from entering our territory.
1990: Israel
Metal Gear: Iran
New Vegas: Salvador
Brazil: Proletarian Unification Party
1936: Empire of Japan
1971: China
Kaiserreich: CSA
You either die Fo'Dolo or see yourself live long enough to be the Patton.

User avatar
Serenissima
England Expects Every Man Will Do His Duty
Posts: 1223
Joined: 23:49:08 Wednesday, 17 April, 2013
Location: United Kingdom

Re: UNSC: Iranian Sanctions

Post by Serenissima » 05:10:18 Thursday, 15 February, 2018

If Iran wishes to avoid actions taken by the United Nations against it, then it can accede to the terms presented in the resolution.
"Imagine lies, and then write them down in order. That is literally all authors do!"

Serenissima's WW2 BoP: The GM (obviously)
Metal Gear BoP: Japan
V4: Hubèrt d'Amboise
Interesting Times: Rektor Hedvika Nováková of the Universita
Reconquista: King Vermudo of Leon-Galicia
1985 BoP: ☭☭☭☭

MTFD
Anarcho-Communist
Anarcho-Communist
Posts: 78
Joined: 23:45:21 Monday, 05 September, 2016

Re: UNSC: Iranian Sanctions

Post by MTFD » 22:27:57 Thursday, 15 February, 2018

Master of Oblivion wrote:
04:47:30 Thursday, 15 February, 2018
Under Iranian law foreign military aircraft cannot enter our airspace without our permission. If you want us to halt assaults on your aircraft refrain from entering our territory.
The UN has been acting according to international law. The actions against Iran were discussed and passed in the world's greatest deliberative body - the UN security council. If Iran continues to refuse to abide by the (very mild) terms of the resolution and continues shooting down UN aircraft, it may find itself effectively at war with the entire world. This is not a fight you can win, much unnecessary bloodshed could've been avoided and can still be avoided if Iran simply abides by the terms of the UNSC resolution.

User avatar
Red John
Stalinist
Stalinist
Posts: 294
Joined: 04:21:08 Sunday, 31 July, 2016

Re: UNSC: Iranian Sanctions

Post by Red John » 01:22:50 Friday, 16 February, 2018

If there are any suggestions as to what "stronger actions" actually refers to, we encourage them to be revealed to the council.

User avatar
Serenissima
England Expects Every Man Will Do His Duty
Posts: 1223
Joined: 23:49:08 Wednesday, 17 April, 2013
Location: United Kingdom

Re: UNSC: Iranian Sanctions

Post by Serenissima » 02:34:50 Friday, 16 February, 2018

We suggest an amendment that the sanctions be made mandatory, as well as providing an explicit authorisation for the destruction of Iranian missile sites, nuclear facilities, and other offensive capability possessed by the nation.
"Imagine lies, and then write them down in order. That is literally all authors do!"

Serenissima's WW2 BoP: The GM (obviously)
Metal Gear BoP: Japan
V4: Hubèrt d'Amboise
Interesting Times: Rektor Hedvika Nováková of the Universita
Reconquista: King Vermudo of Leon-Galicia
1985 BoP: ☭☭☭☭

User avatar
Red John
Stalinist
Stalinist
Posts: 294
Joined: 04:21:08 Sunday, 31 July, 2016

Re: UNSC: Iranian Sanctions

Post by Red John » 23:53:56 Friday, 16 February, 2018

Serenissima wrote:
02:34:50 Friday, 16 February, 2018
We suggest an amendment that the sanctions be made mandatory, as well as providing an explicit authorisation for the destruction of Iranian missile sites, nuclear facilities, and other offensive capability possessed by the nation.
China would be supportive of such measures, if a final warning is given to the Iranian regime and its military to immediately abide by the terms laid out in the UNSC resolution, with a refusal of course resulting in the commencement of such operations.

MTFD
Anarcho-Communist
Anarcho-Communist
Posts: 78
Joined: 23:45:21 Monday, 05 September, 2016

Re: UNSC: Iranian Sanctions

Post by MTFD » 23:28:21 Sunday, 18 February, 2018

Red John wrote:
23:53:56 Friday, 16 February, 2018
Serenissima wrote:
02:34:50 Friday, 16 February, 2018
We suggest an amendment that the sanctions be made mandatory, as well as providing an explicit authorisation for the destruction of Iranian missile sites, nuclear facilities, and other offensive capability possessed by the nation.
China would be supportive of such measures, if a final warning is given to the Iranian regime and its military to immediately abide by the terms laid out in the UNSC resolution, with a refusal of course resulting in the commencement of such operations.
Though we feel like Iran has been given ample warning, we have no objections to the Chinese request.

User avatar
Red John
Stalinist
Stalinist
Posts: 294
Joined: 04:21:08 Sunday, 31 July, 2016

Re: UNSC: Iranian Sanctions

Post by Red John » 22:41:29 Wednesday, 21 February, 2018

With no other input, we shall ask that this be moved to voting.

The vote shall be on whether to authorise the following amendment to the passed resolution, which would see the expansion of UN enforcement- actively engaging Iranian sites suspected of being utilised to further their nuclear aims, as well as any military objects which could be utilised to engage in offensive actions.

Amendment text:
  • Formally expands the scope of UNIMI, to authorise proactive offensive actions against Iranian military targets, such targets being determined by the Command of UNIMI. Such targets could include, but not necessarily must include, Iranian Missile Sites, Iranian Nuclear Facilities, Iranian SAM sites, Iranian Anti-Naval Batteries, and Iranian Airfields.

    Further, a final warning will be given to the Iranian government and Military, the duration of which shall be decided by the joint-command, demanding the immediate accession to UNSC requests.
Any objections, we ask, should be stated now. If there are none, we ask that this be voted on- China, for our part, votes Yes.

Cephal
The Commandant
Posts: 183
Joined: 22:26:56 Friday, 03 August, 2012

Re: UNSC: Iranian Sanctions

Post by Cephal » 22:43:30 Wednesday, 21 February, 2018

The United States votes yes.
France BoP 1968

User avatar
Serenissima
England Expects Every Man Will Do His Duty
Posts: 1223
Joined: 23:49:08 Wednesday, 17 April, 2013
Location: United Kingdom

Re: UNSC: Iranian Sanctions

Post by Serenissima » 22:45:17 Wednesday, 21 February, 2018

Unsurprisingly, we vote yes.
"Imagine lies, and then write them down in order. That is literally all authors do!"

Serenissima's WW2 BoP: The GM (obviously)
Metal Gear BoP: Japan
V4: Hubèrt d'Amboise
Interesting Times: Rektor Hedvika Nováková of the Universita
Reconquista: King Vermudo of Leon-Galicia
1985 BoP: ☭☭☭☭

MTFD
Anarcho-Communist
Anarcho-Communist
Posts: 78
Joined: 23:45:21 Monday, 05 September, 2016

Re: UNSC: Iranian Sanctions

Post by MTFD » 02:38:34 Thursday, 22 February, 2018

France votes yes

Post Reply

Return to “The United Nations”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests