Questions and Inaccuracies

Game updates, national and international news, sign ups, out of character discussion, and so on.
Huojin
General Secretary
General Secretary
Posts: 3383
Joined: 07:30:29 Thursday, 02 August, 2012

Questions and Inaccuracies

Post by Huojin » 14:40:54 Friday, 14 October, 2016

You know the drill.

Huojin
General Secretary
General Secretary
Posts: 3383
Joined: 07:30:29 Thursday, 02 August, 2012

Re: Questions and Inaccuracies

Post by Huojin » 15:44:56 Friday, 14 October, 2016

Question for all of you: would you like a separate subforum for embassies? I've never been wild about the idea, since they seem criminally underused, but if people are certain they'll use them we can have them separately. Alternatively you can all throw them into the International Discussion forum and bring them up any time someone wants to publicly address you. Let me know your thoughts.

Also, players are encouraged to make national newspapers, but I'm also thinking a Newspaper Collection would be appropriate for people who'd rather post infrequently or when something interesting happens. Let me know what players prefer.

User avatar
Luc
Pseudo Extra-Camullectual Intellinaire
Posts: 946
Joined: 10:37:42 Thursday, 11 August, 2016
Location: A meridie in regione Aequatoris

Re: Questions and Inaccuracies

Post by Luc » 18:57:45 Friday, 14 October, 2016

Huojin wrote:Question for all of you: would you like a separate subforum for embassies? I've never been wild about the idea, since they seem criminally underused, but if people are certain they'll use them we can have them separately. Alternatively you can all throw them into the International Discussion forum and bring them up any time someone wants to publicly address you. Let me know your thoughts.

Also, players are encouraged to make national newspapers, but I'm also thinking a Newspaper Collection would be appropriate for people who'd rather post infrequently or when something interesting happens. Let me know what players prefer.
Both ideas are good ones, besides, it wont hurt to have either, so i give it a go.

Second, Huojin, even though its a minor thing, you should have coloured more of the interior of brazil, especially in the northeast and central south, since the northeast was quite rich due to sugar cane plantations, and the central interior was VERY rich due to the wealthy deposits of gold and diamonds, and was very developed, but its just a minor detail.
Image

GM of Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg Balance of Power, Join it Here > viewforum.php?f=360

Huojin
General Secretary
General Secretary
Posts: 3383
Joined: 07:30:29 Thursday, 02 August, 2012

Re: Questions and Inaccuracies

Post by Huojin » 19:45:51 Friday, 14 October, 2016

Luc wrote:Second, Huojin, even though its a minor thing, you should have coloured more of the interior of brazil, especially in the northeast and central south, since the northeast was quite rich due to sugar cane plantations, and the central interior was VERY rich due to the wealthy deposits of gold and diamonds, and was very developed, but its just a minor detail.
Thanks for this input Luc - especially as a Brazilian, it's great to have your knowledge. Do you have a map or something I can reference? I'm hesitant to draw it in without one - or at least some writings I can make comparisons against so it's more accurate.

User avatar
Luc
Pseudo Extra-Camullectual Intellinaire
Posts: 946
Joined: 10:37:42 Thursday, 11 August, 2016
Location: A meridie in regione Aequatoris

Re: Questions and Inaccuracies

Post by Luc » 20:05:53 Friday, 14 October, 2016

Huojin wrote:
Luc wrote:Second, Huojin, even though its a minor thing, you should have coloured more of the interior of brazil, especially in the northeast and central south, since the northeast was quite rich due to sugar cane plantations, and the central interior was VERY rich due to the wealthy deposits of gold and diamonds, and was very developed, but its just a minor detail.
Thanks for this input Luc - especially as a Brazilian, it's great to have your knowledge. Do you have a map or something I can reference? I'm hesitant to draw it in without one - or at least some writings I can make comparisons against so it's more accurate.
Image

There we go, Minas Geraes is where all the gold and diamonds are btw.
Image

GM of Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg Balance of Power, Join it Here > viewforum.php?f=360

Huojin
General Secretary
General Secretary
Posts: 3383
Joined: 07:30:29 Thursday, 02 August, 2012

Re: Questions and Inaccuracies

Post by Huojin » 20:59:53 Friday, 14 October, 2016

Made a small couple of changes, hopefully it's a little more representative.

http://i.imgur.com/zoopxbl.png

User avatar
Luc
Pseudo Extra-Camullectual Intellinaire
Posts: 946
Joined: 10:37:42 Thursday, 11 August, 2016
Location: A meridie in regione Aequatoris

Re: Questions and Inaccuracies

Post by Luc » 21:07:53 Friday, 14 October, 2016

Huojin wrote:Made a small couple of changes, hopefully it's a little more representative.

http://i.imgur.com/zoopxbl.png
Is it just me or you posted the wrong link? Cause this map is exactly the same as the previous one, or is it just my impression?
Image

GM of Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg Balance of Power, Join it Here > viewforum.php?f=360

Huojin
General Secretary
General Secretary
Posts: 3383
Joined: 07:30:29 Thursday, 02 August, 2012

Re: Questions and Inaccuracies

Post by Huojin » 21:13:20 Friday, 14 October, 2016

Luc wrote:
Huojin wrote:Made a small couple of changes, hopefully it's a little more representative.

http://i.imgur.com/zoopxbl.png
Is it just me or you posted the wrong link? Cause this map is exactly the same as the previous one, or is it just my impression?
Erp. Let's try this one :P

http://i.imgur.com/RLERUsc.png

User avatar
Luc
Pseudo Extra-Camullectual Intellinaire
Posts: 946
Joined: 10:37:42 Thursday, 11 August, 2016
Location: A meridie in regione Aequatoris

Re: Questions and Inaccuracies

Post by Luc » 21:21:18 Friday, 14 October, 2016

Huojin wrote:
Luc wrote:
Huojin wrote:Made a small couple of changes, hopefully it's a little more representative.

http://i.imgur.com/zoopxbl.png
Is it just me or you posted the wrong link? Cause this map is exactly the same as the previous one, or is it just my impression?
Erp. Let's try this one :P

http://i.imgur.com/RLERUsc.png
Ermm... still the same thing for me, at least. But dont worry, leave it, its just a map anyway.
Image

GM of Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg Balance of Power, Join it Here > viewforum.php?f=360

Huojin
General Secretary
General Secretary
Posts: 3383
Joined: 07:30:29 Thursday, 02 August, 2012

Re: Questions and Inaccuracies

Post by Huojin » 21:24:26 Friday, 14 October, 2016

Luc wrote:
Huojin wrote:
Luc wrote:
Huojin wrote:Made a small couple of changes, hopefully it's a little more representative.

http://i.imgur.com/zoopxbl.png
Is it just me or you posted the wrong link? Cause this map is exactly the same as the previous one, or is it just my impression?
Erp. Let's try this one :P

http://i.imgur.com/RLERUsc.png
Ermm... still the same thing for me, at least. But dont worry, leave it, its just a map anyway.
Really? I mean, there's a pretty big difference. Perhaps you can illustrate for me what you're expecting it to look like.

User avatar
Luc
Pseudo Extra-Camullectual Intellinaire
Posts: 946
Joined: 10:37:42 Thursday, 11 August, 2016
Location: A meridie in regione Aequatoris

Re: Questions and Inaccuracies

Post by Luc » 21:25:49 Friday, 14 October, 2016

I see it now, my mistake then.
Image

GM of Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg Balance of Power, Join it Here > viewforum.php?f=360

Huojin
General Secretary
General Secretary
Posts: 3383
Joined: 07:30:29 Thursday, 02 August, 2012

Re: Questions and Inaccuracies

Post by Huojin » 15:19:44 Sunday, 23 October, 2016

So I wrote half the turn between 3 and 6 am, so if there are issues, please let me know promptly. Also if I forgot shit or screwed something up, or there's an important detail I skimmed over that you think it's important to note publicly, let me know that too. Though rest assured, I'll remember/keep a note of your detailed plans, even if the turn contains a briefer overview.

User avatar
Andre Massena
Hoxhaist
Hoxhaist
Posts: 35
Joined: 22:52:14 Sunday, 23 October, 2016

Re: Questions and Inaccuracies

Post by Andre Massena » 01:14:34 Wednesday, 26 October, 2016

I think Poland and Prussia doing African and Asian exploration is pretty silly
Kingdom of Sardinia-Piedmont
King Charles Felix of Savoy
1830 BOP

Denmark-Norway
King Frederick IV
1715 BOP

United Kingdom
Prime Minister Stanley Baldwin
1935 BOP

Huojin
General Secretary
General Secretary
Posts: 3383
Joined: 07:30:29 Thursday, 02 August, 2012

Re: Questions and Inaccuracies

Post by Huojin » 02:58:34 Wednesday, 26 October, 2016

Prussia already has an African presence, in the form of its Gold Coast forts. So not that silly. Poland is a bit further towards the odd end of the scale, but it's worth noting that Courland held Caribbean colonies, Sweden held African ones, and the Danes held Indian colonies. All a little odd. But not beyond the realms of possibility for such nations to venture further afield than you think.

Not to mention that when it says "explorers", although the player is funding it from their credit bank, it is possible (and frequent in the turns) that such explorers will be treated as entirely or mostly private expeditions. Chartered companies are a little more odd, but even the Austrians took a stab at them, for how far it got them. Countries with a poor history of such kinds of expeditions will be less likely to find success, but it won't be for want of trying.

User avatar
Smyg
GETTIN' REAL TIRED OF YOUR MACHIAVELLIAN BULLSHIT, GESAR
Posts: 3091
Joined: 23:01:40 Thursday, 02 August, 2012

Re: Questions and Inaccuracies

Post by Smyg » 21:03:20 Wednesday, 26 October, 2016

Andre Massena wrote:I think Poland and Prussia doing African and Asian exploration is pretty silly
Yeah mate, I have three African forts, and am staying entirely in the area where they are.

Post Reply

Return to “News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests