Questions, Inaccuracies & OCC

Sign-ups, Turn Reports, stats, OCC discussion and more.
User avatar
Red John
Stalinist
Stalinist
Posts: 294
Joined: 04:21:08 Sunday, 31 July, 2016

Re: Questions, Inaccuracies & OCC

Post by Red John » 12:54:44 Monday, 24 October, 2016

Also, why the debt?

It might make sense historically, but wouldn't it be easier to just clear the debt for every nation? (Unless they were economically fucked at the start, of course.)

User avatar
Serenissima
England Expects Every Man Will Do His Duty
Posts: 1214
Joined: 23:49:08 Wednesday, 17 April, 2013
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Questions, Inaccuracies & OCC

Post by Serenissima » 13:18:27 Monday, 24 October, 2016

If Pedro I abdicates as historical, do I still get to run all of his Iberian adventures? :p
"Imagine lies, and then write them down in order. That is literally all authors do!"

Serenissima's WW2 BoP: The GM (obviously)
Metal Gear BoP: Japan
V4: Hubèrt d'Amboise
Interesting Times: Rektor Hedvika Nováková of the Universita
Reconquista: King Vermudo of Leon-Galicia
1985 BoP: ☭☭☭☭

Huojin
General Secretary
General Secretary
Posts: 3384
Joined: 07:30:29 Thursday, 02 August, 2012

Re: Questions, Inaccuracies & OCC

Post by Huojin » 15:42:09 Monday, 24 October, 2016

Luc wrote:
Huojin wrote:Is it just me or does none of the income maths seem to make sense?
In what way?
Well lets take France as an example. If you add up all their positive income sources listed in the stats, you get +490. That's without even taking away the colossal debt interest payments and upkeep for troops. So how do they end up with a Credit Income of +1500? It's a similar story for most nations.
Andre Massena wrote:The Brits have way too many land units imo. They should have the smallest army of all the European GPs.

Also I think you have France's economy as way too low. France most certainly has a bigger economy than Austria and Russia at the time and it probably is still bigger than Prussia in 1830. Britain should be in its own economic tier, and then US, France, and Prussia should be roughly similar in the second tier, and then everyone else significantly below them.
I actually disagree about putting Prussia on the same tier as the US and France. If you were to include the entire economy of Germany, perhaps, but alone the Prussian economy doesn't match up to France and the US. Obviously as Austria I'm a little biased in saying this, but the second tier should probably be US, France, Austria in that order - with Austria at the bottom of that tier. Prussia alone doesn't compare. Yet.
Red John wrote:Also, why the debt?

It might make sense historically, but wouldn't it be easier to just clear the debt for every nation? (Unless they were economically fucked at the start, of course.)
Most nations will start with debt. It's a handy representation, I personally don't think it should be wiped. It's not like on 1st January 1830 everyone suddenly said "alright boys, clean slate, no one owes anyone anything!" hah.

User avatar
Gesar
Social Justice Shah
Social Justice Shah
Posts: 1451
Joined: 00:18:50 Thursday, 02 August, 2012

Re: Questions, Inaccuracies & OCC

Post by Gesar » 15:56:48 Monday, 24 October, 2016

As discussed last night (and asked to post here as a reminder), Champasak and Luang Prabang (which both lack stats) are Siamese tributaries at present. Cambodia is a Vietnamese tributary.
آمریکا هیچ غلطی نمی تواند بکند‎

User avatar
Luc
Pseudo Extra-Camullectual Intellinaire
Posts: 946
Joined: 10:37:42 Thursday, 11 August, 2016
Location: A meridie in regione Aequatoris

Re: Questions, Inaccuracies & OCC

Post by Luc » 17:53:10 Monday, 24 October, 2016

Huojin wrote:
Luc wrote:
Huojin wrote:Is it just me or does none of the income maths seem to make sense?
In what way?
Well lets take France as an example. If you add up all their positive income sources listed in the stats, you get +490. That's without even taking away the colossal debt interest payments and upkeep for troops. So how do they end up with a Credit Income of +1500? It's a similar story for most nations.
Andre Massena wrote:The Brits have way too many land units imo. They should have the smallest army of all the European GPs.

Also I think you have France's economy as way too low. France most certainly has a bigger economy than Austria and Russia at the time and it probably is still bigger than Prussia in 1830. Britain should be in its own economic tier, and then US, France, and Prussia should be roughly similar in the second tier, and then everyone else significantly below them.
I actually disagree about putting Prussia on the same tier as the US and France. If you were to include the entire economy of Germany, perhaps, but alone the Prussian economy doesn't match up to France and the US. Obviously as Austria I'm a little biased in saying this, but the second tier should probably be US, France, Austria in that order - with Austria at the bottom of that tier. Prussia alone doesn't compare. Yet.
Red John wrote:Also, why the debt?

It might make sense historically, but wouldn't it be easier to just clear the debt for every nation? (Unless they were economically fucked at the start, of course.)
Most nations will start with debt. It's a handy representation, I personally don't think it should be wiped. It's not like on 1st January 1830 everyone suddenly said "alright boys, clean slate, no one owes anyone anything!" hah.
Well huojin, My idea was that the income that you have has already subtracted your debt interest and your troop upkeep. And in the credit income, i decided to only specify your debt paying and the gains from colonial trade for that nation. If you look at Ethiopia for example, the only thing shown by their income is the debt they pay, thats because they have no colonies, thus, they do not recieve an extra income.

I could, if you all wanted, detail in the stats where exactly each credit comes from, but that would take a long time and would make mistakes more prone to happen. But if you guys wish for such a thing.
Image

GM of Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg Balance of Power, Join it Here > viewforum.php?f=360

User avatar
Luc
Pseudo Extra-Camullectual Intellinaire
Posts: 946
Joined: 10:37:42 Thursday, 11 August, 2016
Location: A meridie in regione Aequatoris

Re: Questions, Inaccuracies & OCC

Post by Luc » 17:54:21 Monday, 24 October, 2016

Serenissima wrote:If Pedro I abdicates as historical, do I still get to run all of his Iberian adventures? :p
Pretty much up to you! You could play as his heir (Pedro II) or go and take part in the Liberal wars in Portugal. But remember, when Pedro went back to Portugal, he did not become king, so there is no guarantee you will become a monarch.
Image

GM of Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg Balance of Power, Join it Here > viewforum.php?f=360

Huojin
General Secretary
General Secretary
Posts: 3384
Joined: 07:30:29 Thursday, 02 August, 2012

Re: Questions, Inaccuracies & OCC

Post by Huojin » 19:25:34 Monday, 24 October, 2016

Luc wrote:Well huojin, My idea was that the income that you have has already subtracted your debt interest and your troop upkeep. And in the credit income, i decided to only specify your debt paying and the gains from colonial trade for that nation. If you look at Ethiopia for example, the only thing shown by their income is the debt they pay, thats because they have no colonies, thus, they do not recieve an extra income.

I could, if you all wanted, detail in the stats where exactly each credit comes from, but that would take a long time and would make mistakes more prone to happen. But if you guys wish for such a thing.
That's more or less what I was looking for, Luc. Mostly because as it is, not even for countries like Ethiopia but for France, 1100 credits are coming from god-knows-where. I don't know about other players, but it'd be handy to know where it's coming from. Hell, even if you look at Austria - there's no colonies to speak of there, but it's the same story. It's just confusing, is all. How can we calculate our finances without know what's going on?

User avatar
Luc
Pseudo Extra-Camullectual Intellinaire
Posts: 946
Joined: 10:37:42 Thursday, 11 August, 2016
Location: A meridie in regione Aequatoris

Re: Questions, Inaccuracies & OCC

Post by Luc » 21:22:23 Monday, 24 October, 2016

As it seems, there are some mistakes with the stats (Thanks huojin for pointing em out) in regards to income stuff. So ill take this week to fix it up n all, also, i decided to scale prices down for the sake of simplicity. If you have any other suggestions please say them, ill use this week to fix the stats and take in your suggestions.
Image

GM of Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg Balance of Power, Join it Here > viewforum.php?f=360

User avatar
Gesar
Social Justice Shah
Social Justice Shah
Posts: 1451
Joined: 00:18:50 Thursday, 02 August, 2012

Re: Questions, Inaccuracies & OCC

Post by Gesar » 21:25:40 Monday, 24 October, 2016

Siam stats pls
آمریکا هیچ غلطی نمی تواند بکند‎

User avatar
Luc
Pseudo Extra-Camullectual Intellinaire
Posts: 946
Joined: 10:37:42 Thursday, 11 August, 2016
Location: A meridie in regione Aequatoris

Re: Questions, Inaccuracies & OCC

Post by Luc » 21:28:41 Monday, 24 October, 2016

Gesar wrote:Siam stats pls
Ill release them with the others, but ill do your early.
Image

GM of Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg Balance of Power, Join it Here > viewforum.php?f=360

User avatar
Serenissima
England Expects Every Man Will Do His Duty
Posts: 1214
Joined: 23:49:08 Wednesday, 17 April, 2013
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Questions, Inaccuracies & OCC

Post by Serenissima » 08:59:22 Tuesday, 25 October, 2016

Luc wrote:
Serenissima wrote:If Pedro I abdicates as historical, do I still get to run all of his Iberian adventures? :p
Pretty much up to you! You could play as his heir (Pedro II) or go and take part in the Liberal wars in Portugal. But remember, when Pedro went back to Portugal, he did not become king, so there is no guarantee you will become a monarch.
I know. I meant more if I'm meant to be running Brazil as Pedro II while doing all of Pedro I's adventures. Pedro I didn't want to be a monarch, only to put his daughter on the throne. So what I'd been thinking I'd have to do is do Pedro II (a 5-year-old under a regency) in Brazil and have Pedro I's adventures as a seperate thing.
"Imagine lies, and then write them down in order. That is literally all authors do!"

Serenissima's WW2 BoP: The GM (obviously)
Metal Gear BoP: Japan
V4: Hubèrt d'Amboise
Interesting Times: Rektor Hedvika Nováková of the Universita
Reconquista: King Vermudo of Leon-Galicia
1985 BoP: ☭☭☭☭

User avatar
Luc
Pseudo Extra-Camullectual Intellinaire
Posts: 946
Joined: 10:37:42 Thursday, 11 August, 2016
Location: A meridie in regione Aequatoris

Re: Questions, Inaccuracies & OCC

Post by Luc » 17:56:50 Tuesday, 25 October, 2016

Serenissima wrote:
Luc wrote:
Serenissima wrote:If Pedro I abdicates as historical, do I still get to run all of his Iberian adventures? :p
Pretty much up to you! You could play as his heir (Pedro II) or go and take part in the Liberal wars in Portugal. But remember, when Pedro went back to Portugal, he did not become king, so there is no guarantee you will become a monarch.
I know. I meant more if I'm meant to be running Brazil as Pedro II while doing all of Pedro I's adventures. Pedro I didn't want to be a monarch, only to put his daughter on the throne. So what I'd been thinking I'd have to do is do Pedro II (a 5-year-old under a regency) in Brazil and have Pedro I's adventures as a seperate thing.
Yea, you can, I dont see harm on that.
Image

GM of Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg Balance of Power, Join it Here > viewforum.php?f=360

User avatar
Serenissima
England Expects Every Man Will Do His Duty
Posts: 1214
Joined: 23:49:08 Wednesday, 17 April, 2013
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Questions, Inaccuracies & OCC

Post by Serenissima » 21:20:53 Tuesday, 25 October, 2016

Luc wrote:
Serenissima wrote:
Luc wrote:
Serenissima wrote:If Pedro I abdicates as historical, do I still get to run all of his Iberian adventures? :p
Pretty much up to you! You could play as his heir (Pedro II) or go and take part in the Liberal wars in Portugal. But remember, when Pedro went back to Portugal, he did not become king, so there is no guarantee you will become a monarch.
I know. I meant more if I'm meant to be running Brazil as Pedro II while doing all of Pedro I's adventures. Pedro I didn't want to be a monarch, only to put his daughter on the throne. So what I'd been thinking I'd have to do is do Pedro II (a 5-year-old under a regency) in Brazil and have Pedro I's adventures as a seperate thing.
Yea, you can, I dont see harm on that.
Woot!
"Imagine lies, and then write them down in order. That is literally all authors do!"

Serenissima's WW2 BoP: The GM (obviously)
Metal Gear BoP: Japan
V4: Hubèrt d'Amboise
Interesting Times: Rektor Hedvika Nováková of the Universita
Reconquista: King Vermudo of Leon-Galicia
1985 BoP: ☭☭☭☭

User avatar
Andre Massena
Hoxhaist
Hoxhaist
Posts: 35
Joined: 22:52:14 Sunday, 23 October, 2016

Re: Questions, Inaccuracies & OCC

Post by Andre Massena » 22:28:47 Tuesday, 25 October, 2016

Who are the falling giants besides China?
Kingdom of Sardinia-Piedmont
King Charles Felix of Savoy
1830 BOP

Denmark-Norway
King Frederick IV
1715 BOP

United Kingdom
Prime Minister Stanley Baldwin
1935 BOP

User avatar
Luc
Pseudo Extra-Camullectual Intellinaire
Posts: 946
Joined: 10:37:42 Thursday, 11 August, 2016
Location: A meridie in regione Aequatoris

Re: Questions, Inaccuracies & OCC

Post by Luc » 22:47:15 Tuesday, 25 October, 2016

Andre Massena wrote:Who are the falling giants besides China?
Well, ill let the players answer your question, just give them a little time :D
Image

GM of Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg Balance of Power, Join it Here > viewforum.php?f=360

Post Reply

Return to “Game News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests