OOC Stuff and Inaccuracies

"Announcements and Newspaper postings belong here"
- Master of Oblivion
User avatar
Master of Oblivion
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 760
Joined: 02:29:10 Tuesday, 07 August, 2012

OOC Stuff and Inaccuracies

Post by Master of Oblivion » 23:21:57 Sunday, 16 April, 2017

I am using a new rebel system designed by Huojin. It is ambitious and interesting. There might be mistakes or omissions when it comes to listing rebel groups, so let me know about any mistakes!


Post away!
1990: Israel
Metal Gear: Iran
New Vegas: Salvador
Brazil: Proletarian Unification Party
1936: Empire of Japan
1971: China
Kaiserreich: CSA
You either die Fo'Dolo or see yourself live long enough to be the Patton.

User avatar
Coin
Mise, Pangur Bán agus PILOT WHALES
Posts: 1472
Joined: 14:15:01 Thursday, 02 August, 2012

Re: OOC Stuff and Inaccuracies

Post by Coin » 08:52:34 Monday, 17 April, 2017

Not sure if it's a mistake or not, but the News/UN/International forums can't be viewed as a guest, only as a user; despite the overall 1968 forum being visible?
KR: Unie van Suid-Afrika
MG BoP: Medīnat Yisrā'el
V4: Kormákr Thorbrandsson

Huojin
General Secretary
General Secretary
Posts: 3314
Joined: 07:30:29 Thursday, 02 August, 2012

Re: OOC Stuff and Inaccuracies

Post by Huojin » 12:31:57 Monday, 17 April, 2017

Coin wrote:Not sure if it's a mistake or not, but the News/UN/International forums can't be viewed as a guest, only as a user; despite the overall 1968 forum being visible?
Chairman MoO being new to making forums probably explains it. If anyone desperately needs it fixed let me know and I'll do it, but otherwise might be good experience for Chairman MoO to do it.

User avatar
Hussam_B
Anarcho-Communist
Anarcho-Communist
Posts: 57
Joined: 12:59:20 Sunday, 23 October, 2016

Re: OOC Stuff and Inaccuracies

Post by Hussam_B » 12:52:54 Monday, 17 April, 2017

Hey, I have not played the Balance of Power system much, so I have a question: The credits we have at the game start, do they replenish every year? If so, at what rate do they replenish?
Image The Electorate of Bavaria - Balance of Power: 1800

Huojin
General Secretary
General Secretary
Posts: 3314
Joined: 07:30:29 Thursday, 02 August, 2012

Re: OOC Stuff and Inaccuracies

Post by Huojin » 13:04:43 Monday, 17 April, 2017

Oh, more important problem:

Y'know how you've used all the stats and rules and such I worked out for a game I was planning on running? One of the things I was testing out was boosting everyone's income dramatically and reducing their credit reserves. The upshot of this is that the 5 major powers all have much higher than usual Credit Incomes, but you've written the stats for everyone else as though we're using the old system, so it's all totally inconsistent.

EDIT2: except for like, West Germany and maybe the Saudis?

Hussam_B wrote:Hey, I have not played the Balance of Power system much, so I have a question: The credits we have at the game start, do they replenish every year? If so, at what rate do they replenish?
They're like a treasury, so they'll be added to by your Credit Income (listed in the stats) and depleted by your spending each turn. They don't renew to the same level each year.

User avatar
Master of Oblivion
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 760
Joined: 02:29:10 Tuesday, 07 August, 2012

Re: OOC Stuff and Inaccuracies

Post by Master of Oblivion » 15:22:49 Monday, 17 April, 2017

In doing so I was hoping to get the contrast between the great powers, who should be intervening everywhere, and the smaller incomes of regional powers who should only have concerns in their local region. The USA and USSR had economies that dwarfed the rest of the world. I think this is a trade off between realism versus enjoyment and I might have come down on the side of realism a bit too much. If people think so, let me know and I will boost economy and trading stats.
1990: Israel
Metal Gear: Iran
New Vegas: Salvador
Brazil: Proletarian Unification Party
1936: Empire of Japan
1971: China
Kaiserreich: CSA
You either die Fo'Dolo or see yourself live long enough to be the Patton.

User avatar
Serenissima
England Expects Every Man Will Do His Duty
Posts: 1177
Joined: 23:49:08 Wednesday, 17 April, 2013
Location: United Kingdom

Re: OOC Stuff and Inaccuracies

Post by Serenissima » 15:58:45 Monday, 17 April, 2017

de Gaulle is still President of France right now. Pompidou is Prime Minister. Pompidou becomes President soon but is not yet.
"Imagine lies, and then write them down in order. That is literally all authors do!"

Serenissima's WW2 BoP: The GM (obviously)
Metal Gear BoP: Japan
Kaiserreich BoP: Canada
V4: Hubèrt d'Amboise
Interesting Times: Rektor Hedvika Nováková of the Universita

Huojin
General Secretary
General Secretary
Posts: 3314
Joined: 07:30:29 Thursday, 02 August, 2012

Re: OOC Stuff and Inaccuracies

Post by Huojin » 16:04:38 Monday, 17 April, 2017

Master of Oblivion wrote:In doing so I was hoping to get the contrast between the great powers, who should be intervening everywhere, and the smaller incomes of regional powers who should only have concerns in their local region. The USA and USSR had economies that dwarfed the rest of the world. I think this is a trade off between realism versus enjoyment and I might have come down on the side of realism a bit too much. If people think so, let me know and I will boost economy and trading stats.
Well y'know, I think that's the way things have tended to be in the past as-was, with the USA and USSR having incomes well into the hundreds or two hundreds. Except I boosted them to 300+, which is quite the jump. Personally I think other nations need a boost, but that's in part because of how I envisaged the new balance working. Up to you, ultimately.

User avatar
Luc
Pseudo Extra-Camullectual Intellinaire
Posts: 916
Joined: 10:37:42 Thursday, 11 August, 2016
Location: A meridie in regione Aequatoris

Re: OOC Stuff and Inaccuracies

Post by Luc » 20:34:06 Monday, 17 April, 2017

Huojin wrote:
Master of Oblivion wrote:In doing so I was hoping to get the contrast between the great powers, who should be intervening everywhere, and the smaller incomes of regional powers who should only have concerns in their local region. The USA and USSR had economies that dwarfed the rest of the world. I think this is a trade off between realism versus enjoyment and I might have come down on the side of realism a bit too much. If people think so, let me know and I will boost economy and trading stats.
Well y'know, I think that's the way things have tended to be in the past as-was, with the USA and USSR having incomes well into the hundreds or two hundreds. Except I boosted them to 300+, which is quite the jump. Personally I think other nations need a boost, but that's in part because of how I envisaged the new balance working. Up to you, ultimately.
I agree with Huo, i believe some small boosts to eh incomes of the other nations would do good. But as huo said, up to you Chairman MoO.
Image

GM of Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg Balance of Power, Join it Here > viewforum.php?f=360

User avatar
Gesar
Social Justice Shah
Social Justice Shah
Posts: 1381
Joined: 00:18:50 Thursday, 02 August, 2012

Re: OOC Stuff and Inaccuracies

Post by Gesar » 20:44:48 Monday, 17 April, 2017

Think about it this way. High starting incomes for minors is cool, but what happens if/when the game goes on? By turn five, most of the smaller nations will have no ability to act, even within their region.

User avatar
Coin
Mise, Pangur Bán agus PILOT WHALES
Posts: 1472
Joined: 14:15:01 Thursday, 02 August, 2012

Re: OOC Stuff and Inaccuracies

Post by Coin » 20:56:09 Monday, 17 April, 2017

Could do with some balancing at the least, but i like the principle. An important consideration is also space race costs.
KR: Unie van Suid-Afrika
MG BoP: Medīnat Yisrā'el
V4: Kormákr Thorbrandsson

User avatar
Master of Oblivion
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 760
Joined: 02:29:10 Tuesday, 07 August, 2012

Re: OOC Stuff and Inaccuracies

Post by Master of Oblivion » 21:13:17 Monday, 17 April, 2017

Hmm, I could do economic boosts of 10-30 credits, and to similar to international trade and allied trade, this would make sanctions more costly.
1990: Israel
Metal Gear: Iran
New Vegas: Salvador
Brazil: Proletarian Unification Party
1936: Empire of Japan
1971: China
Kaiserreich: CSA
You either die Fo'Dolo or see yourself live long enough to be the Patton.

User avatar
Master of Oblivion
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 760
Joined: 02:29:10 Tuesday, 07 August, 2012

Re: OOC Stuff and Inaccuracies

Post by Master of Oblivion » 08:49:43 Tuesday, 18 April, 2017

Boosted the majors incomes.
1990: Israel
Metal Gear: Iran
New Vegas: Salvador
Brazil: Proletarian Unification Party
1936: Empire of Japan
1971: China
Kaiserreich: CSA
You either die Fo'Dolo or see yourself live long enough to be the Patton.

User avatar
Hussam_B
Anarcho-Communist
Anarcho-Communist
Posts: 57
Joined: 12:59:20 Sunday, 23 October, 2016

Re: OOC Stuff and Inaccuracies

Post by Hussam_B » 11:03:58 Tuesday, 18 April, 2017

I tried adding Master of Oblivion as a recipient of a PM, but it tells me: "You tried to send a private message to too many recipients."

I am not sure how to overcome this, maybe add all the "Club Red" people into a user group?
Image The Electorate of Bavaria - Balance of Power: 1800

Huojin
General Secretary
General Secretary
Posts: 3314
Joined: 07:30:29 Thursday, 02 August, 2012

Re: OOC Stuff and Inaccuracies

Post by Huojin » 13:53:13 Tuesday, 18 April, 2017

Hussam_B wrote:I tried adding Master of Oblivion as a recipient of a PM, but it tells me: "You tried to send a private message to too many recipients."

I am not sure how to overcome this, maybe add all the "Club Red" people into a user group?
I think phpBB has a 5 recipient cap. If Chairman MoO wants feedback on conversations it might be useful just to give him a run-down separately or something.

Post Reply

Return to “News and Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest