OOC Stuff and Inaccuracies

"Announcements and Newspaper postings belong here"
- Master of Oblivion
Master of Oblivion
Administrator
Administrator

OOC Stuff and Inaccuracies

Postby Master of Oblivion » 23:21:57 Sunday, 16 April, 2017

I am using a new rebel system designed by Huojin. It is ambitious and interesting. There might be mistakes or omissions when it comes to listing rebel groups, so let me know about any mistakes!

Post away!
GM of 1898
Louisiana: Edmond Lavaeu
1968: USSR

You either die Fo'Dolo or see yourself live long enough to be the Patton.

Coin
Mise, Pangur Bán agus PILOT WHALES

Re: OOC Stuff and Inaccuracies

Postby Coin » 08:52:34 Monday, 17 April, 2017

Not sure if it's a mistake or not, but the News/UN/International forums can't be viewed as a guest, only as a user; despite the overall 1968 forum being visible?

Huojin
Designated Shitposter
Designated Shitposter

Postby Huojin » 12:31:57 Monday, 17 April, 2017

Coin wrote:Not sure if it's a mistake or not, but the News/UN/International forums can't be viewed as a guest, only as a user; despite the overall 1968 forum being visible?

MoO being new to making forums probably explains it. If anyone desperately needs it fixed let me know and I'll do it, but otherwise might be good experience for MoO to do it.
The Gesarist Manifesto, chapter 5 opening foreword wrote:"The guerrilla must move like a fish in the sea, namely by drinking until you can delude yourself into hoping rich bastards will be gone one day."

• Louisiana 1792: Fils de la Révolution - GM/Author
  • Balance of Power: 1968 - Iraqi Republic
  • Saenwyn: A Song of Ashes - Corentin of House Tremayne, King of Saenwyn and Defender of the Realm

(excuse me while I blow my own trumpet)

Smyg the slow-running Louisiana
Smyg is pretty much the storytelling epic
Smyg of this century
Smyg Huojin is writing the Great American Novel and it's not even American

Hussam_B
Hoxhaist
Hoxhaist

Postby Hussam_B » 12:52:54 Monday, 17 April, 2017

Hey, I have not played the Balance of Power system much, so I have a question: The credits we have at the game start, do they replenish every year? If so, at what rate do they replenish?

Polska Rzeczpospolita Ludowa

Huojin
Designated Shitposter
Designated Shitposter

Postby Huojin » 13:04:43 Monday, 17 April, 2017

Oh, more important problem:

Y'know how you've used all the stats and rules and such I worked out for a game I was planning on running? One of the things I was testing out was boosting everyone's income dramatically and reducing their credit reserves. The upshot of this is that the 5 major powers all have much higher than usual Credit Incomes, but you've written the stats for everyone else as though we're using the old system, so it's all totally inconsistent.

EDIT2: except for like, West Germany and maybe the Saudis?

Hussam_B wrote:Hey, I have not played the Balance of Power system much, so I have a question: The credits we have at the game start, do they replenish every year? If so, at what rate do they replenish?

They're like a treasury, so they'll be added to by your Credit Income (listed in the stats) and depleted by your spending each turn. They don't renew to the same level each year.
The Gesarist Manifesto, chapter 5 opening foreword wrote:"The guerrilla must move like a fish in the sea, namely by drinking until you can delude yourself into hoping rich bastards will be gone one day."

• Saenwyn: A Song of Ashes - Corentin of House Tremayne, King of Saenwyn and Defender of the Realm

Smyg of this century

Master of Oblivion
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Master of Oblivion » 15:22:49 Monday, 17 April, 2017

In doing so I was hoping to get the contrast between the great powers, who should be intervening everywhere, and the smaller incomes of regional powers who should only have concerns in their local region. The USA and USSR had economies that dwarfed the rest of the world. I think this is a trade off between realism versus enjoyment and I might have come down on the side of realism a bit too much. If people think so, let me know and I will boost economy and trading stats.
GM of 1898

Serenissima
(Not) Molotov's Favourite Psychic Schoolgirl

Postby Serenissima » 15:58:45 Monday, 17 April, 2017

de Gaulle is still President of France right now. Pompidou is Prime Minister. Pompidou becomes President soon but is not yet.
"Imagine lies, and then write them down in order. That is literally all authors do!"

Louisiana: Antoine d'Ailly, captain of Sorcière, commodore of the Marine de l'Assemblée
Metal Gear BoP: Japan
Saenwyn: Jace Kern, Duke of Tailledun
1968: French Fifth Republic

Huojin
Designated Shitposter
Designated Shitposter

Postby Huojin » 16:04:38 Monday, 17 April, 2017

Master of Oblivion wrote:In doing so I was hoping to get the contrast between the great powers, who should be intervening everywhere, and the smaller incomes of regional powers who should only have concerns in their local region. The USA and USSR had economies that dwarfed the rest of the world. I think this is a trade off between realism versus enjoyment and I might have come down on the side of realism a bit too much. If people think so, let me know and I will boost economy and trading stats.

Well y'know, I think that's the way things have tended to be in the past as-was, with the USA and USSR having incomes well into the hundreds or two hundreds. Except I boosted them to 300+, which is quite the jump. Personally I think other nations need a boost, but that's in part because of how I envisaged the new balance working. Up to you, ultimately.

Smyg of this century

Luc
Romanov of Stats

Postby Luc » 20:34:06 Monday, 17 April, 2017

Huojin wrote:
Master of Oblivion wrote:In doing so I was hoping to get the contrast between the great powers, who should be intervening everywhere, and the smaller incomes of regional powers who should only have concerns in their local region. The USA and USSR had economies that dwarfed the rest of the world. I think this is a trade off between realism versus enjoyment and I might have come down on the side of realism a bit too much. If people think so, let me know and I will boost economy and trading stats.

Well y'know, I think that's the way things have tended to be in the past as-was, with the USA and USSR having incomes well into the hundreds or two hundreds. Except I boosted them to 300+, which is quite the jump. Personally I think other nations need a boost, but that's in part because of how I envisaged the new balance working. Up to you, ultimately.

I agree with Huo, i believe some small boosts to eh incomes of the other nations would do good. But as huo said, up to you moo.
"I am to BOP stats, what Nicholas II was to Russia." - El Luc

Co-GM of 1918 Balance of Power, Join it Here > http://molotov.applied-logistics.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1731
Victor Auguste de Guéret in Huojin's Louisiana 1792: Fils de la Révolution
CLASSIFIED in Moo's Balance of Power: 1968

Gesar
Social Justice Stasi
Social Justice Stasi

Postby Gesar » 20:44:48 Monday, 17 April, 2017

Think about it this way. High starting incomes for minors is cool, but what happens if/when the game goes on? By turn five, most of the smaller nations will have no ability to act, even within their region.
Saenwyn: A Song of Ashes: Storyteller

Louisiana 1792: Fils de la Révolution: Monsieur le Commissaire de l'Intérieur Thomas Francois Jérôme Cossard, Mayor of Saint-Louis and editor of L'Ami de la République
Liberty in Dark Waters: Leopold Karl von Stenhielm, Baron af Rödesund, Knight and Commander of the Orders of His Majesty the King, convicted traitor
Balance of Power 1968: Mwalimu Julius Nyerere, President and Baba wa Taifa of the United Republic of Tanzania

Smyg wrote:The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of Gesar coping with being a total fucking a-grade revolutionary thinker

Spoiler:
#DraftGesar

Coin
Mise, Pangur Bán agus PILOT WHALES

Postby Coin » 20:56:09 Monday, 17 April, 2017

Could do with some balancing at the least, but i like the principle. An important consideration is also space race costs.

Master of Oblivion
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Master of Oblivion » 21:13:17 Monday, 17 April, 2017

Hmm, I could do economic boosts of 10-30 credits, and to similar to international trade and allied trade, this would make sanctions more costly.
GM of 1898

Master of Oblivion
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Master of Oblivion » 08:49:43 Tuesday, 18 April, 2017

Boosted the majors incomes.
GM of 1898

Hussam_B
Hoxhaist
Hoxhaist

Postby Hussam_B » 11:03:58 Tuesday, 18 April, 2017

I tried adding Master of Oblivion as a recipient of a PM, but it tells me: "You tried to send a private message to too many recipients."

I am not sure how to overcome this, maybe add all the "Club Red" people into a user group?

Polska Rzeczpospolita Ludowa

Huojin
Designated Shitposter
Designated Shitposter

Postby Huojin » 13:53:13 Tuesday, 18 April, 2017

Hussam_B wrote:I tried adding Master of Oblivion as a recipient of a PM, but it tells me: "You tried to send a private message to too many recipients."

I am not sure how to overcome this, maybe add all the "Club Red" people into a user group?

I think phpBB has a 5 recipient cap. If MoO wants feedback on conversations it might be useful just to give him a run-down separately or something.

Smyg of this century

Return to “News and Announcements”