Prospector Saloon

"I can't believe Bg used the name 'Blood and Silver' for a game about Mars when it clearly was best suited for this game." -RinKou
User avatar
Gesar
Social Justice Stasi
Social Justice Stasi
Posts: 1331
Joined: 00:18:50 Thursday, 02 August, 2012

Re: Prospector Saloon

Post by Gesar » 20:17:15 Tuesday, 18 July, 2017

Enrique nods his approval. Least, that's what you think he's doing. Hard to nod properly when you're shot through the not-quite-neck. "You mentioned you had some friends over in East Boneyard? Might have to go back and tell them what's up after all this."

"What I'm trying to say is, thanks, doc. Was all ready for them pearly gates too, after all this dirt."
"At this point, it's more like a friend," Emma muttered, setting about cleaning what remained of her equipment with a cloth and some high-proof spirits she'd managed not to drink. She supposed, rather half-heartedly, that she ought to start weighing the financial consequences of using what was left of her supply, but damn if she couldn't shake that uncomfortably-warm feeling of doing something moderately productive for once. "Singular. It's...been awhile since I've been out there."

"If nothing else, I haven't come up with a good enough reason not to see my parents on the way." Putting the equipment away, she smiled to herself once again at a job well-done. "Er, anyways. You can thank me by staying out of trouble and making sure you change your bandages regularly. Infection's a bitch, but so's a doctor whose instructions weren't followed."

Emma shot a glance towards Larry, then down to the bottle of scotch she'd planned on turning into a Molotov cocktail if the Jackals had kept at it. Very pointedly looking away from the latter, she turned her attention to more pressing issues. "So I...haven't had any real food in at least, uh, two days. And Bobby and East Boneyard here should probably eat something before we hit the trail..." Suddenly, she peeked her head into the kitchen where the rest of their 'caravan' waited, and called towards Renee: "Wait, we are taking them with us, right?"

User avatar
Snacks
rhetorical masturbation
Posts: 511
Joined: 21:22:18 Wednesday, 22 August, 2012

Re: Prospector Saloon

Post by Snacks » 19:52:56 Wednesday, 19 July, 2017

Renee looked honestly surprised by the question. "You really think I'd leave them with those psychos out there?

...Besides, I assumed that if I'd even suggested that, you would have gotten so pissed that you'd refuse to speak with me for two days again.

And then you'd somehow explode or your head would melt like those old world robots from the contradiction of also not being able to criticize me for the next two days."

User avatar
Gesar
Social Justice Stasi
Social Justice Stasi
Posts: 1331
Joined: 00:18:50 Thursday, 02 August, 2012

Re: Prospector Saloon

Post by Gesar » 01:24:12 Thursday, 20 July, 2017

Snacks wrote:
19:52:56 Wednesday, 19 July, 2017
Renee looked honestly surprised by the question. "You really think I'd leave them with those psychos out there?

...Besides, I assumed that if I'd even suggested that, you would have gotten so pissed that you'd refuse to speak with me for two days again.

And then you'd somehow explode or your head would melt like those old world robots from the contradiction of also not being able to criticize me for the next two days."
Mildly stung, Emma's eyes narrowed, brow furrowing. "Um, I only meant-"

Another sigh, as irrepressible as the last twenty. Renee knew what she meant, damn it, and if the caravaneer's earlier gratitude about NCR "running" the Khans off hadn't been enough to kill her momentary peace, this bit of attitude certainly was. "I mean, you know I have to ask, partner."

And with one more of those likewise-omnipresent shakes of her head, Emma pivoted, grabbing one of the mantis-dogs, wincing as she bit into it and fighting the urge to roll her eyes in front of her new-found friends. "Ugh. Alright. I'll go get our gear ready if you'd like to...finish up."

User avatar
Snacks
rhetorical masturbation
Posts: 511
Joined: 21:22:18 Wednesday, 22 August, 2012

Re: Prospector Saloon

Post by Snacks » 17:52:14 Thursday, 20 July, 2017

There were days, here and there, when Renee was forced to strongly consider the advice her mother had often imparted to her when she decided to go off and work for the NCR: "...Now, what you should really consider dear, is that your father and I could help you find someone perfectly charming here in Vault City, and then you wouldn't have to run off to the frontier like..."

Now, usually it was things like 'gee, the NCR laid me off because Lee Oliver wants to sit on his ass and move around soldiers til Caesar and his goddamn Legion dies of old age,' or ' boy, looks like my boss just got ventilated by junkies.'

That said, when Renee started to glibly reassure her partner she was just giving her a hard time and they go and get all hurt and you realize you have caused a self-fulfilling prophecy because they've turned around and started ignoring you before you can get out anything more than a pretty lame "Wait, I- oh come on!"

Well, you also definitely realize it's one of those days, cause at least if you'd have followed mom's advice you would have an excuse for having a married-couple non-argument.

"Ah, I'll let that particular flashpoint cool down before I try to resolve that, you know?" She asked rhetorically as she turned back to Ruby. "You know that sometimes I wonder if I'm a little self-centered, Ruby?"

User avatar
RinKou
Jackbooted Swinelicker Fascist
Posts: 883
Joined: 06:18:32 Wednesday, 08 August, 2012
Location: OC, CA
Contact:

Re: Prospector Saloon

Post by RinKou » 19:48:17 Wednesday, 26 July, 2017

Hargrave exchanges some words with his attendant, and once done, hustles Kirtland into some jumpseats in the bed of a pick-up truck. As the truck pulls out of the Freeside gates and onto the open (and decaying) road, the two of you bounce about with your luggage, despite the relatively slow speed the attendant drives at.

"We're in for a bit of a detour," Hargrave notes, shielding his eyes from the setting sun. "Don Rafael, one of our neighbors, has been so kind as to lend a hand in Heather's absence. In any case, he's invited me to dinner, given it'll be our first meeting face-to-face."

Before long, the truck pulls up to the gates of Rancho Puesta del Sol, and an attendant ushers you in. As the two of you alight in the courtyard, the truck pulls off to find parking, and Doña Marina, the lady of the estate, gives Hargrave and you a hearty welcome, before leading you inside.

A table is sumptuously set, in full view of the courtyard, where
a band is performingShow
"Rafi's getting ready," Doña Marina says, ushering you to your seats. "He'll be down in a moment. In the meanwhile, allow me to introduce you two to..."

She proceeds to tell you about the other dinner guests, rather than showing you, because like, I guess she doesn't have time to sit down and do this properly or whatever.

Carmen (21), daughter to Don Rafael and Doña Marina. Unmarried, despite her advanced age - likely due to her temperament. You've yet to see signs of either.
Carlos (19), heir to the estate, an impetuous and impatient young man, one you sense is somewhat immature for his age.

Father Esteban (33), on a mission from the Archdiocese of El Pueblo de Los Angeles y Tijuana to bring the scattered Mojave churches back into communion.
Sister Vibiana (26), on a mission from the Archdiocese of Las Californias to bring the scattered Mojave churches back into communion. Wait.

Raymundo (52), the aging manager of the estate. You can't tell if his rosy cheeks are a result of his good nature, his perpetual inebriety, or both.

=

Keeping a slight distance, Salvador and Billy follow the troopers as they make their way through Freeside. They stop, briefly, to chat to what appears to be a mercenary milling about a shopfront, before heading off toward the Strip.

The stories you've heard don't prepare you for what you see in the slightest, though. If the walls around Freeside seemed impenetrable from the train, the gate to the Strip is in and of itself a veritable fortress. A small detachment of Securitrons watch over a winding line of eager entrants. Salvador and his party enter the queue, readying their passports. The troopers, on the other hand, are waved through, and disappear through the gate onto the Strip itself, and out of view.

Damn. This line would take a while to wind through, and following the Coyote's trail after getting through the gates would be a tricky proposition. Of course there's several side-quests you'd have to do before you could go after this guy.
Heartache by the Numbers: Caravan Master

If you say that prancing mailman of a GM is ever going to run the gangster game WELL THEN I SAY GOOD DAY SIR -oyid

I write things!
I post things!

User avatar
Master of Oblivion
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 724
Joined: 02:29:10 Tuesday, 07 August, 2012

Re: Prospector Saloon

Post by Master of Oblivion » 19:44:43 Friday, 18 August, 2017

Salvador grunted in frustration. He didn't like loosing his prey no one bit. He turned to Billy and his boys. "We need to try another approach. This ain't going to get us anywhere."

Salvador considered his surroundings. The line was full of rich tourists, seeking to indulge themselves in the wild wastelands. The robots looked like they could tear easily put them down in a hot minute. Salvador squirmed through the people behind him in line, heading back into town. He saw the mercenary was still standing in the same spot.

He approached the man and took off his hat, "Hello friend, are you a freelancer or do you know of someone looking for guns for hire? I came to Vegas from out east with my boys looking to make our fortune. We are all pretty decent with a gun."
Gesar's Game: Hoping We don't leave the magic fantasy land
1990: Israel
Metal Gear: Iran
Aliens!: USSR
New Vegas: Salvador
Brazil: Proletarian Unification Party
1936: Empire of Japan

You either die Fo'Dolo or see yourself live long enough to be the Patton.

User avatar
RinKou
Jackbooted Swinelicker Fascist
Posts: 883
Joined: 06:18:32 Wednesday, 08 August, 2012
Location: OC, CA
Contact:

Re: Prospector Saloon

Post by RinKou » 02:28:00 Sunday, 31 December, 2017

Master of Oblivion wrote:
19:44:43 Friday, 18 August, 2017
Salvador grunted in frustration. He didn't like loosing his prey no one bit. He turned to Billy and his boys. "We need to try another approach. This ain't going to get us anywhere."

Salvador considered his surroundings. The line was full of rich tourists, seeking to indulge themselves in the wild wastelands. The robots looked like they could tear easily put them down in a hot minute. Salvador squirmed through the people behind him in line, heading back into town. He saw the mercenary was still standing in the same spot.

He approached the man and took off his hat, "Hello friend, are you a freelancer or do you know of someone looking for guns for hire? I came to Vegas from out east with my boys looking to make our fortune. We are all pretty decent with a gun."
"East?" the merc asks. "Don't get too many traders out from that direction no more, much less gunslingers. Guess that means you're all some real tough sons-a-bitches or a bunch of Legion skirt-boys trying to stir up trouble."

The kid's probably not a day over 17, though the rough beard and sun-beaten skin could probably give him a couple extra false years. Almost makes you wonder what a kid like this is doing with a factory fresh pump shotgun in his hands and a ballistics vest under his jacket. Almost makes you wonder what a kid like this is doing being on speaking terms with someone like Coyote Johnson.

"Either that, or y'all're a bunch of liars. So which is it?"

His words don't seem to have much impact on you, but you can tell Henry and his buddies are starting to get a little hot under the collar.

Stranger still that someone'd trust a kid with this little tact to stand guard anywhere. You'd think something's fishy here, but fish isn't something most people out in the desert here have much experience with.

=

The sun'd fully set by the time the new Old World Trails Caravan crew made it up the hill to Mojave Outpost. You'd made the last mile following the outposts' searchlights as they cut through the purple of the sun going down behind the mountains.

The check-in process is a whir. Normally it'd take much longer, but with everyone aside from Ruby having citizenship papers and a Boneified New California citizen shot in the neck, the flunkies in customs and security did their best to wave you all through.

Before you know it, Esteban is shuffled off to the infirmary, and the remainder of you, tired, worn and, despite the mantis dogs, a bit hungry wonder what to do until morning, given that the insurance office in town's closed by now. In the immediate vicinity of the outpost, a number of caravaneers coming from the west have set up a makeshift market and tent colony, stuck here since the border closed days earlier. In the outpost itself, the mess hall doubles as a general store and inn for the caravaneers with money to burn. Without papers, Ruby, does not have access to the mess hall.
Heartache by the Numbers: Caravan Master

If you say that prancing mailman of a GM is ever going to run the gangster game WELL THEN I SAY GOOD DAY SIR -oyid

I write things!
I post things!

User avatar
Snacks
rhetorical masturbation
Posts: 511
Joined: 21:22:18 Wednesday, 22 August, 2012

Re: Prospector Saloon

Post by Snacks » 03:45:48 Sunday, 31 December, 2017

"Ah, damn, forgot about that 'no mess hall without papers' nonsense- I mean, it's bureaucratic nonsense mainly, but I guess I can't blame 'em since they've got all those military offices and they've gotta make sure some sorta Legion spy doesn't waltz in dressed normal and wreck up the place... or a Viper, or Jackels? Dunno if those Steel guys ever did that but between using dirty bombs to ruin gold and fucking their cousins in bunkers, killing dudes in a mess hall seems like the sort of fucked up shit they'd do... aaaaaaanywaaay."

She glanced from the building with the mess hall to the tent city, weighing their options for the evening, "I'm not planning to leave Ruby out in the cold, so unless we're getting get her some phony papers, one of us ought to help her find a place to pitch a tent tonight- you got a tent, Ruby? We can probably find you a tent, and we should squeeze what we can out of the market in any case." She looked to Emma, "Your choice, Doc- You wanna go bargain hunting with Ruby, or check out the outpost? Whichever you want to do, I can handle the other- seems like the most efficient bet to me... er, unless you've got other plans, partner."

She hiked a thumb at the Ranger Monument, "At some point before we leave I'm tracking down a camera and one of you is helping me compose a photo with that that thing, though, cause I put it off every time I'm here and I'll never hear the end of it if I ever leave the Mojave without bringing back a picture of it to my folks."

User avatar
Gesar
Social Justice Stasi
Social Justice Stasi
Posts: 1331
Joined: 00:18:50 Thursday, 02 August, 2012

Re: Prospector Saloon

Post by Gesar » 08:40:34 Sunday, 31 December, 2017

"Uh huh, yeah," Emma answered noncommittally as their makeshift party approached the Outpost, her venomous glares at that fucking statue turning into a more deliberately-neutral steeliness as they got up to the base. "And NCR's not overcompensating at all because of that. Yep, right."

Of course -because this was definitely an 'of course' moment-it wasn't Renee, that proud patriot of the Republic, who wanted to go deal with the bureaucrats and whatever slave drivers, if her demeanor was anything to judge by. No, that was her responsibility, y'know, Emma the big talker. Emma the doctor, the Follower. "And we'll all go together when we go," the Doc hissed accordingly, not even bothering to sigh to herself, thinking of the old Boneyard Radio song. "I've got the officials, partner. Take your...leave."

At least she'd walked in there independently enough, strolling in with enough of that Old World disgust-in-everybody-you-knew to be taken seriously. Or at least she hoped. At the front desk, Emma put down a handful of caps and murmured "Citizen", strolling on inwards to the hall itself, hoping enough caravaneers and/or (hopefully the 'or') were there to make it worth her while beyond this weird revenge-quest of Renee's. In that dismal hope, she glanced at the bartender.

"Gimme something clear that I don't have to ask the name of, and deal that Caravan deck. Work's too scarce around here," she feigned deliberate ignorance, shooting a look around at whatever passed for her momentary compatriots, "Not to take up the next bet. So deal and get me a drink, yeah?"

User avatar
Snacks
rhetorical masturbation
Posts: 511
Joined: 21:22:18 Wednesday, 22 August, 2012

Re: Prospector Saloon

Post by Snacks » 08:51:42 Sunday, 31 December, 2017

"Knock 'em dead, Doc! Figuratively! I have to work with most of these people on a regular basis, please don't start a barfight and require they be replaced with new people! You know what, nevermind- I know you've got this."

She turned back to Ruby as it became clear that Emma was now definitely ignoring any further commentary from her, "So it's not just my imagination, right? I've got a talent for pissing her off? ...So, uh, the marketplace, right! Gonna get you a tent. Might have to split that with you, now, cause I'm pretty sure Em isn't gonna want to go halfsies on one of those rickety bunk beds."

User avatar
RinKou
Jackbooted Swinelicker Fascist
Posts: 883
Joined: 06:18:32 Wednesday, 08 August, 2012
Location: OC, CA
Contact:

Re: Prospector Saloon

Post by RinKou » 22:14:56 Sunday, 31 December, 2017

Snacks wrote:
08:51:42 Sunday, 31 December, 2017
"Knock 'em dead, Doc! Figuratively! I have to work with most of these people on a regular basis, please don't start a barfight and require they be replaced with new people! You know what, nevermind- I know you've got this."

She turned back to Ruby as it became clear that Emma was now definitely ignoring any further commentary from her, "So it's not just my imagination, right? I've got a talent for pissing her off? ...So, uh, the marketplace, right! Gonna get you a tent. Might have to split that with you, now, cause I'm pretty sure Em isn't gonna want to go halfsies on one of those rickety bunk beds."
"Followers are a sensitive sort," Ruby shrugs. She casts a furtive glance at the guards outside the outpost's main buildings, but doesn't seem to want to elaborate on that point.

"But I'm used to sleeping under the stars." She motions toward her bedroll. "Smaller profile when you're on the trail, easier to get on your feet when shit hits the fan. Don't let that stop you from going shopping on account of me, though."

The two of you wander into the makeshift bazaar, catching notes of herbs and spices from lands far away. The stalls are packed with wares being sold at a steep discount by traders ready to cut their losses and prices for food seem to jump higher and higher the further in you go. You note what seem like locals from Nipton or other nearby towns stopping by to hawk fresh produce and game in exchange for the sundries the traders would have otherwise made a killing on. It's all enough to make you a bit sick when you catch a whiff of a familiar aroma - the devil's lettuce.

Following your nose, you find a small wagon circle at the edge of the tent city - each wagon painted in bright, hot pinks and sky blues and lemon yellows, broken with murals of men and women, heads bowed in prayer and hands making arcane signs. In their center, a roaring campfire, around which a troupe of dancers are spinning. The head wagon, set aside by a repurposed neon sign notes that you've stumbled across Lady Lupe's Travelling Circus. A number of the tent city's denizens are watching the dancers, others appear to be haggling over sacks and jars of herbs and spices and other sacks and jars of other herbs and spices, and, as you pass the head wagon, you notice a second neon sign light up. It reads: Lady Lupe will see you now.

=
Gesar wrote:
08:40:34 Sunday, 31 December, 2017
"Gimme something clear that I don't have to ask the name of, and deal that Caravan deck. Work's too scarce around here," she feigned deliberate ignorance, shooting a look around at whatever passed for her momentary compatriots, "Not to take up the next bet. So deal and get me a drink, yeah?"
Emma takes a moment to scan the bar. Maybe she was expecting someone to be sitting in that far seat - a mean desert rose looking for any excuse to start a fight to see if it'd be faster to die fists swinging than it would be to drown in whiskey. No one there, though. Guess this hypothetical someone has yet to get the bad news that'd send her to this hellhole.

Aside from a couple traders and gunhands, there's a ranger sitting at one of the sideseats, watching people come and go, nursing a sarsaparilla. Troopers mill about, playing cards, taking drinks and reading comics. Young kids, probably just shipped in not a day out of basic. Half of them haven't even developed a tan yet. Renee was right. Anyone with intent to do harm could probably tear half this place down with their bare hands before they crossed anyone mean enough to stop 'em.

The bartender eyes you up and down and pulls a bottle of something clear you don't know the name of and pours you a single. She takes another look at you before deciding which deck to pull from under the counter and begins to shuffle. "We betting friendly, or you looking to earn that drink?"
Heartache by the Numbers: Caravan Master

If you say that prancing mailman of a GM is ever going to run the gangster game WELL THEN I SAY GOOD DAY SIR -oyid

I write things!
I post things!

User avatar
Snacks
rhetorical masturbation
Posts: 511
Joined: 21:22:18 Wednesday, 22 August, 2012

Re: Prospector Saloon

Post by Snacks » 15:26:18 Friday, 05 January, 2018

At the sight of the head wagon, Renee produced a pouch of her own herbs and rolled a joint, offering the inaugural hit to Ruby before partaking herself and perusing the wares, "Guess we might have to give Doc the rundown on this place after all if these guys have anything...you know, actually medicinal- ain't those Followers experts at making medicine out of roots and berries?

After some browsing, she turns her attention to Lady Lupe's place and glances at Ruby. "Hm, so if my knowledge of carnivals. circuses, and other manner of itinerant attraction is anything to go by... gonna presume the gal's got some sort of fortune-telling hustle going on. What do you think: tarot, palm-reading, or crystal ball?" Mulling it over for a moment, she headed over, "Well, always good for a laugh, at the least- you don't have to come in if you don't wanna partake, though."

User avatar
Gesar
Social Justice Stasi
Social Justice Stasi
Posts: 1331
Joined: 00:18:50 Thursday, 02 August, 2012

Re: Prospector Saloon

Post by Gesar » 23:56:56 Friday, 05 January, 2018

"Sorry bastards," Emma whispered to herself as she stepped in to the main bar area. She almost pitied the job the army medics and OSI would soon have on their hands, if it didn't mean the Followers would have to come behind them to clean up, bandages and broom in tow. NCR's reign was one of absurdity after absurdity; a sidelong glance around the room made something as horrible as Bitter Springs seem impossible, and yet...

The glass clinking in front of her, the doc shook herself out of her morbid thoughts with her usual sort of private dark humor, the kind that tended to make those around her mildly worried, and answered with a slight shrug and a toss of her shot backwards. "Guess I've already done my good deed for the day. I'll earn my keep if you earn yours." Placing the empty glass back down on the table, she pulled out the battered Caravan deck a Freeside volunteer had given her the night of the departure, digging in her pockets further for the ante. "Ten caps sound alright?"

Another long look around the mess hall confirmed that, if nothing else, this particular bar lacked anybody Emma knew, let alone any of her dwindling number of friends that could stand her acerbic tongue. Not sure I like our chances if we can't hack it out here, though, she considered, resolving to at least try not to get kicked out of the establishment. "Don't reckon anybody else is coming in from the south, huh?" She asked mildly, drawing her first eight cards and placing the first back home, on the Boneyard spot. "My caravan," if you can call us that , "and I are looking to loop back up to the 15, but with the roads the way they are...ah, I just might need another one of...whatever this is."

User avatar
RinKou
Jackbooted Swinelicker Fascist
Posts: 883
Joined: 06:18:32 Wednesday, 08 August, 2012
Location: OC, CA
Contact:

Re: Prospector Saloon

Post by RinKou » 02:47:51 Wednesday, 17 January, 2018

Gesar wrote:
23:56:56 Friday, 05 January, 2018
Another long look around the mess hall confirmed that, if nothing else, this particular bar lacked anybody Emma knew, let alone any of her dwindling number of friends that could stand her acerbic tongue. Not sure I like our chances if we can't hack it out here, though, she considered, resolving to at least try not to get kicked out of the establishment. "Don't reckon anybody else is coming in from the south, huh?" She asked mildly, drawing her first eight cards and placing the first back home, on the Boneyard spot. "My caravan," if you can call us that , "and I are looking to loop back up to the 15, but with the roads the way they are...ah, I just might need another one of...whatever this is."
The bartender smiles as she pulls down the bottle again as she lays a few cards down - she's starting most of her caravans high, it seems. "Hope you've got some extra caps in that bag of yours, doc."

Before you can make your next move, though, the ranger across the bar intercedes. "Lay off the doctor, Lacey," he says. "Should be paying more attention, doc," he motions toward the bottle, and you realize it seems to be a bit fancier than what you'd expect for a nameless well drink. "Damn girl pulls this damn trick on every heavy-pocketed looking sucker who comes through here."

"Dammit, Jackson, if they can't figure this out, they're in for a hell of a lot worse by the time they get to Vegas." She leaves the bottle out. "Coachella mezcal, gift from the roamers out in the camp if you wanted that second shot."

"Gift to me," Jackson cuts in again. "And you ain't done nothin' but abuse it since I let you borrow it. If the doc wants another drink, put it on my tab."

You're starting to feel a little left out here, as the two of them bicker. They haven't even answered your question yet.

Your caravans: 7H | 2S | 2D
Lacey's caravans: 9S | 10S | 7D

Your hand is weak - you have mostly mid-range cards - 4-7s, and a KH.
You can play defensively - focusing on building your caravans, aggressively - focusing on disrupting your opponent's caravans, or mixed.

Snacks wrote:
15:26:18 Friday, 05 January, 2018
After some browsing, she turns her attention to Lady Lupe's place and glances at Ruby. "Hm, so if my knowledge of carnivals. circuses, and other manner of itinerant attraction is anything to go by... gonna presume the gal's got some sort of fortune-telling hustle going on. What do you think: tarot, palm-reading, or crystal ball?" Mulling it over for a moment, she headed over, "Well, always good for a laugh, at the least- you don't have to come in if you don't wanna partake, though."
"I...," Ruby starts, uncertain in a way you haven't seen her before. "Don't really believe in, you know..." She turns back to the stalls. "I'm just gonna keep browsing out here. Might find something useful."

I mean, you haven't known her for all too long, but that's certainly not the reaction you'd expect. Ruby strikes up an animated conversation with one of the stall-minders about her wares, while the light on Lady Lupe's wagon continues to flicker.
Heartache by the Numbers: Caravan Master

If you say that prancing mailman of a GM is ever going to run the gangster game WELL THEN I SAY GOOD DAY SIR -oyid

I write things!
I post things!

User avatar
Snacks
rhetorical masturbation
Posts: 511
Joined: 21:22:18 Wednesday, 22 August, 2012

Re: Prospector Saloon

Post by Snacks » 05:50:03 Wednesday, 17 January, 2018

Renee paused for a beat at the unexpected reaction and watched as Ruby practically hightailed it back to the merchant stalls, trying to puzzle out how she'd fucked up this time.

One one hand, pressing the issue...whatever that was...might do more harm than good. On the other, not only had this woman already put up with her and Emma's particularly strain of shitty luck without complaint today, she'd actually put herself out there reassure Renee after her first time sending a man to meet his maker, and as far as Renee was concerned, those were two pretty big arguments of considering Ruby someone she'd like to stick around without the added awkwardness of having just stomped all over some personal sore spot.

For once, Renee ignored her natural drive to kick resolving the awkward social interaction down the road and quietly made her way over to the stall and politely browsing the items for sale before quietly butting into the matter when the stall-minder was finally interrupted to help actual paying customers.

"So..." she tried to play it cool and try to spare them both at least a little of the inevitable awkwardness, "I know we're not exactly close, so feel free to tell me to fuck off for prying anytime. I just uh, figured I should actually get around to thanking you for having done us a solid or five in our short time together. You're... a straight shooter, in more ways than one. It's a good quality. I know I'm not exactly the best at showing my appreciation for that and Emma sure as hell does, but... I've got your back, is all- sorry if I haven't exactly done a great job of it, thus far. Trying to work on that."

She cleared her throat, "But I can still leave you to business on your own, if you'd prefer. Not like you can't handle it."

Post Reply

Return to “Heartache by the Numbers: a New Vegas Game”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest