UNSC: Soviet Occupation of Czechoslovakia

"There is no belief, however foolish, that will not gather its faithful adherents who will defend it to the death." - Isaac Asimov, 1974.
Post Reply
User avatar
Flamelord
Old Man Veto
Posts: 896
Joined: 19:01:52 Thursday, 02 August, 2012
Location: America
Contact:

UNSC: Soviet Occupation of Czechoslovakia

Post by Flamelord » 02:49:40 Tuesday, 08 August, 2017

Image
Gentlemen of the Security Council, the affairs of South America are indeed disturbing, but they must not be our sole concern. There are many others which continue to plague the world beyond the efforts to bring about some sort of global response to the alien incursion, and it would be a tragedy to overlook some other issues as 'minor concerns' simply because it would not be politically expedient to address them.

As such, we would like to bring to the attention of the Council the Russian invasion of Czechoslovakia, which they claim was done in order to prevent the aliens from gaining a foothold in Europe via Czechoslovakia. Yet we find these claims dubious at best, if only because it seems very convenient for Russia that a nation seeking to pull itself away from the Russian sphere of influence and to exercise further control over its own sovereign affairs, would just so happen to be doing something that justifies a Russian military intervention.

As such, in support of Czechoslovakia, and the free peoples of the world, we propose this working paper to the Council for discussion and vote.
The Security Council:

Fully aware of the events that have taken place in South America following the arrival of alien visitors above Buenos Aires,

Noting with deep concern that the events in South America have spurred the growth of radical leftist factions purportedly sympathetic to those ideals which the alien visitors have espoused,

Alarmed by the use of this global crisis as an excuse by nations to clamp down on internal dissent in excess and cement their control,

Recognizing the invasion and occupation of Czechoslovakia by the forces of the Warsaw Pact,

Further recalling that this occupation of Czechoslovakia goes against the ideals of the Emergency Global Ceasefire as espoused by the United States and other agreeing powers in the United Nations,

Bearing in mind previous Soviet military action in similar circumstances, such as the occupation of Hungary in 1956,

Keeping in mind that the Warsaw Pact has yet to produce concrete evidence to support their claim of the Czechoslovak government's intent to gain support and weaponry from the alien presence in Buenos Aires.

1. Condemns the Warsaw Pact invasion and occupation of Czechoslovakia;
2. Demands that the Soviet Union and aligned Warsaw Pact forces end their occupation of Czechoslovakia immediately;
3. Calls upon the Soviet Union to release all political prisoners arrested during the course of their occupation;
4. Recommends that the unseated Czechoslovak government be returned to power once the Soviet withdrawal has been completed;
5. Recommends that the Soviet Union provide Czechoslovakia with reparations for damages and loss of life incurred during their invasion and occupation;
6. Urges the nations of the world to uphold a spirit of cooperation and unity, rather than using global affairs as an excuse to implement totalitarian agendas in their countries.

Huojin
General Secretary
General Secretary
Posts: 3383
Joined: 07:30:29 Thursday, 02 August, 2012

Re: UNSC: Soviet Occupation of Czechoslovakia

Post by Huojin » 07:14:56 Tuesday, 08 August, 2017

The People's Republic of China is no friend to revisionism. The minor changes undertaken and major changes proposed by the Czechoslovakian government were serious deviations from the Marxist-Leninist line of the kind which even Khrushchev at the height his arrogance would not have tolerated. Nevertheless, we cannot condone this massive intervention by the Soviet Union, and decry their actions as the basest social imperialism. That the once-vanguard of the proletariat worldwide would stoop to such depths and mark itself so clearly as an imperialist power brings shame to the memory of Comrades Lenin and Stalin.

However, there is one - and only one - possibility for a defence in this matter. If there is evidence, clear and indisputable, that First Secretary Dubček was aligned with Alien forces, there may have been cause. Yet even if this were the case, the Soviet Union should have proceeded on the basis of international cooperation to crush any Alien-Posadist threat.

To this end, we propose that this resolution be altered to condemn the invasion, yes - but before any withdrawal to demand that the Soviet Union turn over all evidence (if any such evidence exists) of Alien-Posadist involvement in Czechoslovakia to the United Nations, to assess whether further actions proposed by this resolution ought to be taken.

LordMoose
Stalinist
Stalinist
Posts: 328
Joined: 00:58:35 Saturday, 15 April, 2017

Re: UNSC: Soviet Occupation of Czechoslovakia

Post by LordMoose » 14:13:49 Tuesday, 08 August, 2017

The UK votes yes BUT we would be willing to change our vote to a no [or support the china idea] if the USSR provides clear evidence of a threat

User avatar
OYID
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Posts: 1419
Joined: 17:52:23 Wednesday, 22 August, 2012
Location: Huojin's Bathroom

Re: UNSC: Soviet Occupation of Czechoslovakia

Post by OYID » 19:08:24 Tuesday, 08 August, 2017

The United States also demands to see evidence one way or another before voting on a resolution that would further divide the Human cause.

The Soviets and the French may be content to divide mankind, but the United States is not.
I am Fidel Castro and we have come to liberate Cuba.

User avatar
Flamelord
Old Man Veto
Posts: 896
Joined: 19:01:52 Thursday, 02 August, 2012
Location: America
Contact:

Re: UNSC: Soviet Occupation of Czechoslovakia

Post by Flamelord » 20:15:50 Tuesday, 08 August, 2017

The French government finds the accusations from the American government baseless and needlessly accusatory. We continue to believe that a global response is needed to the current crisis, we merely differ in our belief as to how that global response should be arranged. This resolution is not intended to divide, but to instead recognize that there are those using that feeling of unity and the overwhelming nature of the alien threat to further their own political agenda home and abroad.

It is our belief that although we may view the alien incursion as our primary concern, it should not be our only concern. What good is security if freedom has been sacrificed to bring it about? What good is an alliance if it is used by tyrants to shore up their own power and deny the will of their people? What good is a unified response if we sacrifice the principles affirmed by this body, such as the Universal Declaration of Human Rights?

However, we understand the protests, and are willing to amend our resolution as thus in order to satisfy the complaints against it.
The Security Council:

Fully aware of the events that have taken place in South America following the arrival of alien visitors above Buenos Aires,

Noting with deep concern that the events in South America have spurred the growth of radical leftist factions purportedly sympathetic to those ideals which the alien visitors have espoused,

Alarmed by the use of this global crisis as an excuse by nations to clamp down on internal dissent in excess and cement their control,

Recognizing the invasion and occupation of Czechoslovakia by the forces of the Warsaw Pact,

Further recalling that this occupation of Czechoslovakia goes against the ideals of the Emergency Global Ceasefire as espoused by the United States and other agreeing powers in the United Nations,

Bearing in mind previous Soviet military action in similar circumstances, such as the occupation of Hungary in 1956,

Keeping in mind that the Warsaw Pact has yet to produce concrete evidence to support their claim of the Czechoslovak government's intent to gain support and weaponry from the alien presence in Buenos Aires.

1. Condemns the Warsaw Pact invasion and occupation of Czechoslovakia;
2. Requests that the Soviet Union present concrete evidence to the United Nations to support their allegations of the deposed Czechoslovakian government's intentions to bring extraterrestrial support into their nation;
3. Emphasizes that should the previous clause not be complied with, or the presented evidence found to b insufficient to justify invasion and occupation, this body will pursue the implementation of an immediate Soviet and Warsaw Pact withdrawal from Czechoslovakia
4. Calls upon the Soviet Union to release all political prisoners arrested during the course of their occupation;
5. Recommends that the unseated Czechoslovak government be returned to power once the Soviet withdrawal has been completed;
6. Supportsthe implementation of reparations to the Czechoslovakian government by the Soviet Union, for damages incurred in the invasion;
7. Urges the nations of the world to uphold a spirit of cooperation and unity, rather than using global affairs as an excuse to implement totalitarian agendas in their countries.

User avatar
Master of Oblivion
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 788
Joined: 02:29:10 Tuesday, 07 August, 2012

Re: UNSC: Soviet Occupation of Czechoslovakia

Post by Master of Oblivion » 01:26:53 Wednesday, 09 August, 2017

We are very saddened by this document, as it goes against the spirit of cooperation currently prevailing in the world. The Soviet Union acted rapidly to end the threat of Posadism in Eastern Europe and the first action of the UNSC is to draft a document demanding that we release the traitors to humanity and put them back in power? We had hoped this crisis would have us leave the paranoia of the Cold War behind, but it does not appear to be so.

If France is going to level so accusations against us, then the Soviet Union believes the UN should send a fact finding mission to Paris. Perhaps the French are attempting to misrepresent a legitimate uprising of the people by engaging in propaganda and misrepresentation. Perhaps the French are trying to distract the eyes of the world from the disaster currently occurring in Paris. Perhaps the French are jealous that yet again Soviet military might proved triumphant while a foreign power occupied Paris.

Despite these porous accusation the Soviet Union will be willing to hand over these document once we are certain that they do not contain information that puts the security of the USSR and its friends in the Warsaw Pact at risk. And based upon their sentiment we would prefer if these files are kept out of the hands of the French and give to a more respectable power like the United States.
1990: Israel
Metal Gear: Iran
New Vegas: Salvador
Brazil: Proletarian Unification Party
1936: Empire of Japan
1971: China
Kaiserreich: CSA
You either die Fo'Dolo or see yourself live long enough to be the Patton.

User avatar
Flamelord
Old Man Veto
Posts: 896
Joined: 19:01:52 Thursday, 02 August, 2012
Location: America
Contact:

Re: UNSC: Soviet Occupation of Czechoslovakia

Post by Flamelord » 02:11:53 Wednesday, 09 August, 2017

Distract? The French government has made no effort to deflect attention from the issue of Paris. Especially since, if we recall correctly, it was the Soviet government who were the most eager to bring that issue to the floor of this body when this new session convened before any other subject, such as the loss of Chile to the alien presence in Argentina. It makes one really wonder about Russian priorities....

France will not oppose the presence of a fact finding mission in Paris, but we believe this is not th place for that discussion and further deflects from the issue at hand here

Your worries are also unfounded, in that the working paper clearly states any such files as you can provide are to be handed over to the United Nations, and not any individual nation. You will not have to worry about the dastardly French viciously slandering further the angelic appearance of Russia in the eyes of the world.

Regardless, France votes Yes on the proposal it has set forwards

User avatar
OYID
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Posts: 1419
Joined: 17:52:23 Wednesday, 22 August, 2012
Location: Huojin's Bathroom

Re: UNSC: Soviet Occupation of Czechoslovakia

Post by OYID » 03:20:00 Wednesday, 09 August, 2017

After careful consideration, the United States has decided to vote in favor of the revised resolution.

As for the matter of Paris, we offer our complete support to the legitimate government of France in their efforts to secure their capital from a hostile alien power. We only hope that it will allow us to lend a helping hand and honor the historic friendship between our two nations.

As for the gentleman from Russia, we kindly ask that UN delegates refrain from legitimizing extra-terrestrial aggression with cheap ideological wordplay.

Mankind is at stake.
I am Fidel Castro and we have come to liberate Cuba.

Huojin
General Secretary
General Secretary
Posts: 3383
Joined: 07:30:29 Thursday, 02 August, 2012

Re: UNSC: Soviet Occupation of Czechoslovakia

Post by Huojin » 13:17:00 Wednesday, 09 August, 2017

China will abstain. Although we wish to underline that we look poorly upon these actions as social imperialist behaviour, we will reserve final judgement in the matter until the truth - or otherwise - of any evidence presented by the USSR is made clear. If we find such evidence to be unsatisfactory, the world will find no sterner critic of this than us.

We also wish to firmly state that such deviation from the line of Marxism-Leninism should not be encouraged. Only by faithfully adhering to the anti-revisionary line can the proletarian be freed and stability achieved.

User avatar
Smyg
GETTIN' REAL TIRED OF YOUR MACHIAVELLIAN BULLSHIT, GESAR
Posts: 3089
Joined: 23:01:40 Thursday, 02 August, 2012

Re: UNSC: Soviet Occupation of Czechoslovakia

Post by Smyg » 18:53:05 Friday, 11 August, 2017

Image

Byelorussian Soviet Socialist Republic

The Byelorussian SSR would like to take a moment - I hope our comrades of the USSR don't mind - to address some technical inconsistencies in the French proposals, and the international commentary.

Recognizing the invasion and occupation of Czechoslovakia by the forces of the Warsaw Pact,

There has been no invasion and occupation of the ČSSR by the USSR and the rest of the Warsaw Pact. Operation Danube was a multilateral intervention, fully in accordance with the Treaty of Friendship, Co-operation, and Mutual Assistance, carried out on invitation and request from several Czechoslovak party and state leaders.

2. Requests that the Soviet Union present concrete evidence to the United Nations to support their allegations of the deposed Czechoslovakian government's intentions to bring extraterrestrial support into their nation;
5. Recommends that the unseated Czechoslovak government be returned to power once the Soviet withdrawal has been completed;

These two articles cannot physically be passed, as there is no such thing as the "deposed" or "unseated Czechoslovakian government". Comrade Alexander Dubček remains the First Secretary of the Communist Party of Czechoslovakia, as do all other members of the ČSSR's executive, legislative and judicial branches of government. For now.

User avatar
Smyg
GETTIN' REAL TIRED OF YOUR MACHIAVELLIAN BULLSHIT, GESAR
Posts: 3089
Joined: 23:01:40 Thursday, 02 August, 2012

Re: UNSC: Soviet Occupation of Czechoslovakia

Post by Smyg » 18:54:33 Friday, 11 August, 2017

Smyg wrote:
18:53:05 Friday, 11 August, 2017
Image

Byelorussian Soviet Socialist Republic

The Byelorussian SSR would like to take a moment - I hope our comrades of the USSR don't mind - to address some technical inconsistencies in the French proposals, and the international commentary.

Recognizing the invasion and occupation of Czechoslovakia by the forces of the Warsaw Pact,

There has been no invasion and occupation of the ČSSR by the USSR and the rest of the Warsaw Pact. Operation Danube was a multilateral intervention, fully in accordance with the Treaty of Friendship, Co-operation, and Mutual Assistance, carried out on invitation and request from several Czechoslovak party and state leaders.

2. Requests that the Soviet Union present concrete evidence to the United Nations to support their allegations of the deposed Czechoslovakian government's intentions to bring extraterrestrial support into their nation;
5. Recommends that the unseated Czechoslovak government be returned to power once the Soviet withdrawal has been completed;

These two articles cannot physically be passed, as there is no such thing as the "deposed" or "unseated Czechoslovakian government". Comrade Alexander Dubček remains the First Secretary of the Communist Party of Czechoslovakia, as do all other members of the ČSSR's executive, legislative and judicial branches of government. For now.

Image

Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic

Damn straight, comrades! Show these capitalists how it's done.

The USSR has done nothing wrong, and so we vote against this motion!

User avatar
Smyg
GETTIN' REAL TIRED OF YOUR MACHIAVELLIAN BULLSHIT, GESAR
Posts: 3089
Joined: 23:01:40 Thursday, 02 August, 2012

Re: UNSC: Soviet Occupation of Czechoslovakia

Post by Smyg » 18:55:38 Friday, 11 August, 2017

Smyg wrote:
18:54:33 Friday, 11 August, 2017
Smyg wrote:
18:53:05 Friday, 11 August, 2017
Image

Byelorussian Soviet Socialist Republic

The Byelorussian SSR would like to take a moment - I hope our comrades of the USSR don't mind - to address some technical inconsistencies in the French proposals, and the international commentary.

Recognizing the invasion and occupation of Czechoslovakia by the forces of the Warsaw Pact,

There has been no invasion and occupation of the ČSSR by the USSR and the rest of the Warsaw Pact. Operation Danube was a multilateral intervention, fully in accordance with the Treaty of Friendship, Co-operation, and Mutual Assistance, carried out on invitation and request from several Czechoslovak party and state leaders.

2. Requests that the Soviet Union present concrete evidence to the United Nations to support their allegations of the deposed Czechoslovakian government's intentions to bring extraterrestrial support into their nation;
5. Recommends that the unseated Czechoslovak government be returned to power once the Soviet withdrawal has been completed;

These two articles cannot physically be passed, as there is no such thing as the "deposed" or "unseated Czechoslovakian government". Comrade Alexander Dubček remains the First Secretary of the Communist Party of Czechoslovakia, as do all other members of the ČSSR's executive, legislative and judicial branches of government. For now.

Image

Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic

Damn straight, comrades! Show these capitalists how it's done.

The USSR has done nothing wrong, and so we vote against this motion!
Image

Byelorussian Soviet Socialist Republic

We humbly ask our Ukrainian comrades to please, for the sake of basic civility, calm down.

But yes, we do also vote against the motion.

User avatar
Smyg
GETTIN' REAL TIRED OF YOUR MACHIAVELLIAN BULLSHIT, GESAR
Posts: 3089
Joined: 23:01:40 Thursday, 02 August, 2012

Re: UNSC: Soviet Occupation of Czechoslovakia

Post by Smyg » 18:57:22 Friday, 11 August, 2017

Smyg wrote:
18:55:38 Friday, 11 August, 2017
Smyg wrote:
18:54:33 Friday, 11 August, 2017
Smyg wrote:
18:53:05 Friday, 11 August, 2017
Image

Byelorussian Soviet Socialist Republic

The Byelorussian SSR would like to take a moment - I hope our comrades of the USSR don't mind - to address some technical inconsistencies in the French proposals, and the international commentary.

Recognizing the invasion and occupation of Czechoslovakia by the forces of the Warsaw Pact,

There has been no invasion and occupation of the ČSSR by the USSR and the rest of the Warsaw Pact. Operation Danube was a multilateral intervention, fully in accordance with the Treaty of Friendship, Co-operation, and Mutual Assistance, carried out on invitation and request from several Czechoslovak party and state leaders.

2. Requests that the Soviet Union present concrete evidence to the United Nations to support their allegations of the deposed Czechoslovakian government's intentions to bring extraterrestrial support into their nation;
5. Recommends that the unseated Czechoslovak government be returned to power once the Soviet withdrawal has been completed;

These two articles cannot physically be passed, as there is no such thing as the "deposed" or "unseated Czechoslovakian government". Comrade Alexander Dubček remains the First Secretary of the Communist Party of Czechoslovakia, as do all other members of the ČSSR's executive, legislative and judicial branches of government. For now.

Image

Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic

Damn straight, comrades! Show these capitalists how it's done.

The USSR has done nothing wrong, and so we vote against this motion!
Image

Byelorussian Soviet Socialist Republic

We humbly ask our Ukrainian comrades to please, for the sake of basic civility, calm down.

But yes, we do also vote against the motion.
Image

Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic

My apologies, comrade, sometimes we can't stop ourselves.

User avatar
Smyg
GETTIN' REAL TIRED OF YOUR MACHIAVELLIAN BULLSHIT, GESAR
Posts: 3089
Joined: 23:01:40 Thursday, 02 August, 2012

Re: UNSC: Soviet Occupation of Czechoslovakia

Post by Smyg » 16:07:21 Thursday, 17 August, 2017

Image

Secretary-General U Thant

The tally for the initial French proposal stands at 2 votes FOR (France, United Kingdom).

The tally for the second French proposal stands at 2 votes FOR (France, United States) and 1 vote to abstain (China).

The Office of the Secretary-General would like to remind the Belarusian and Ukrainian representatives that althogh their Soviet allies have yet to vote, they may not vote in the UNSC on their behalf. Shuh.

Both motions are stalled at the moment, pending further input.

Post Reply

Return to “The United Nations”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests