Proper Introductions

New members, look in this forum first for important information and to say hello. Ask any questions you might have here, too.
Maddox
"Marche ou Crève"

Proper Introductions

Post by Maddox » 02:58:09 Monday, 05 August, 2013

So many of you have seen the thread in the Administration section regarding "my return". I was never really a member of the Molotov community in any real capacity, so I don't know if I would consider this being back, but I digress. For starters, no I am not Maddox from the Best Page in the Universe, I am a decidedly un-famous, un-successful writer and IT professional who lives in the Detroit metro area. My interests outside forum gaming include pretty much every other kind of gaming, cultural anthropology, psychology, history, amateur astronomy, hiking, avoiding the legions of wild dogs that have come to rule inner Detroit, and watching sports, mostly hockey and gridiron football.

If you don't know me, it's a pleasure to meet you. If you do know me, it's good to see you again.
Casimir Georges Vachon, Légion de Laffite - Louisiana
Prince Gustave Tremayne, Duke of Lathair, Margrave in the West, Count of Wynriver, Blood Royal
Ralf Persson, Axe Murderer - Dark Waters
Inquisitor Sun Thu Mai/Game Master - The Ironfall Disappearances
<Rinkou> Like, the only thing I listen to is the vibrations of the earth and Joe Rogan podcasts, man

Orago
I Am that Is

Re: Proper Introductions

Post by Orago » 05:37:01 Monday, 05 August, 2013

I for one welcome our new Detroit overlord :P

Rising Phoenix
Haegemony supporter. Ludd hater

Post by Rising Phoenix » 10:24:53 Monday, 05 August, 2013

I do remember you Mr. - you treated me fairly when others let their personal perceptions and feelings get in the way. Though ultimately your actions were undone by others, I nevertheless appreciate what you did.

So welcome back, Maddox. I hope you enjoy your stay this time.

BgKnight
George R. R. Martin in space and with less talent

Post by BgKnight » 11:13:38 Monday, 05 August, 2013

Guten Tag Herr Maddox, it has been a while. Happy to see you here, I have to note, you were the first person I though about when I heard that Detroit declared bankruptcy, I don't know if that is a good or a bad thing.

Serenissima
England Expects Every Man Will Do His Duty

Post by Serenissima » 17:54:37 Monday, 05 August, 2013

Welcome! Seeing as this post is pretty aimed at me in part. ^^
"Imagine lies, and then write them down in order. That is literally all authors do!"

Metal Gear BoP: Japan
Saenwyn: Jace Kern, Duke of Tailledun
1800: Britain
1968A: Filthy Neutral Switzerland

Maddox
"Marche ou Crève"

Post by Maddox » 18:31:51 Monday, 05 August, 2013

BgKnight wrote:Guten Tag Herr Maddox, it has been a while. Happy to see you here, I have to note, you were the first person I though about when I heard that Detroit declared bankruptcy, I don't know if that is a good or a bad thing.
The bankruptcy proceedings in Detroit have turned out to be a very complex issue, something I hope to discuss in the US Politics thread. Pending a federal intervention (very unlikely at this point), I think bankruptcy is the only real option open to the city government. The important thing is that the city maintains social services throughout the process, and that workers who were promised pension payments receive them (this is actually protected in the Michigan Constitution, specifically Article IX, Sec. 24). Otherwise, it gives us the chance to get out from under a debt we have no ability to pay, and starts the process of contracting the size of the city and improving the infrastructure of the city itself. There is already tremendous private sector support for this process of urban renewal, and the major hurdle is the city's debt.

tl:dr the bankruptcy is needed, but I don't know if I'd start to call it a good thing just yet.
Casimir Georges Vachon, Légion de Laffite - Louisiana
Prince Gustave Tremayne, Duke of Lathair, Margrave in the West, Count of Wynriver, Blood Royal
Ralf Persson, Axe Murderer - Dark Waters
Inquisitor Sun Thu Mai/Game Master - The Ironfall Disappearances
<Rinkou> Like, the only thing I listen to is the vibrations of the earth and Joe Rogan podcasts, man

Coin
Mise, Pangur Bán agus PILOT WHALES

Post by Coin » 08:16:48 Tuesday, 06 August, 2013

Welcome back Maddox, as BG says, been a while. Always good to see a new face about :D

TRC
"Molotov's own Jeremy Renner"

Post by TRC » 19:57:33 Friday, 09 August, 2013

Hey hey hey Maddox

Agentpapers
Urso-Maoist
Urso-Maoist

Post by Agentpapers » 04:54:11 Friday, 23 August, 2013

Omigosh now Im here too.

Rising Phoenix
Haegemony supporter. Ludd hater

Post by Rising Phoenix » 11:53:04 Friday, 23 August, 2013

Agentpapers wrote:Omigosh now Im here too.
You are Maddox's brother, if I recall correctly.

Regardless, be welcome.

Coin
Mise, Pangur Bán agus PILOT WHALES

Post by Coin » 12:08:12 Friday, 23 August, 2013

Agentpapers wrote:Omigosh now Im here too.
\o/

Now all I need to do is recruit you both into Team Co-Prosperity Sphere in AV >:3

Return to “New Members”