Moving!

For off-topic, general discussion. Talk about pretty much anything.
admin
Administrator
Administrator

Moving!

Postby admin » 23:33:52 Thursday, 20 November, 2014

I'm moving the 'site to a different web hosting provider!

Nothing will change on your end; the forum will still be at molotov.applied-logistics.org. I just mention this because the board is going to have to go into read-only mode for possibly up to an hour while everything gets transferred over. Additionally some people may have difficulty accessing it for up to 24 hours, though that's quite unlikely to happen.

admin
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Moving!

Postby admin » 01:25:49 Friday, 21 November, 2014

While I was at it I also updated us to the latest version of PHPBB. Since it's been out of date since about a week after we started.

And now please join me in sacrificing a goat to the gods of Weird Computer Shit, that they may take pity on us and not break everything.

Cthulhuvong
Chaos God of Nation Simming

Postby Cthulhuvong » 02:45:44 Friday, 21 November, 2014

*sniffs the new host smell*

I sacrificed a chicken and some type of tubular meat....does that count?
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

"Sir, It is a well-known fact that young people are generally leftwing. It is also well-known that as people get older, they become more rightwing.
It is also a fact that, as people get older, their brain cells die at a faster and faster rate. I would therefore like to propose that conservatism be classified as a degenerative disease."
~letter to the Guardian, 1971

"I mean, being a freedom fighter, a…a force for good, it's…it's a wonderful thing. You get to make your own hours, looks good on a resume, but the pay…SUCKS."
~Alfred Bester, Babylon 5

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Huojin » 03:14:46 Friday, 21 November, 2014

Well I guess this explains why my favourite/preferred forum skin is no longer around. Or maybe it is, but it's changed to the default skin now and I can't figure out how to go back :<

CWestfall
MEANWHILE, IN NORWAY...

Postby CWestfall » 03:49:03 Friday, 21 November, 2014

Huojin wrote:Well I guess this explains why my favourite/preferred forum skin is no longer around. Or maybe it is, but it's changed to the default skin now and I can't figure out how to go back :<

Well, fuck. It used to be under the User Control Panel, but after ~5 minutes of poking around it seems like it's not there. It's probably the case that we'll need to reinstall the styles since the layout changed fairly considerably between versions of phpBB. I'll try to do that tomorrow, if I can get a good list of styles people want. Apparently here is a good place to find some.

Cthulhuvong wrote:*sniffs the new host smell*

I sacrificed a chicken and some type of tubular meat....does that count?

It was a pretty simple move all things considered, so I'm sure the gods will accept your offering. :D
<KimIlSmyg> Congratulations Labine
<KimIlSmyg> You're in my signature.

Langben
What time is it?

Postby Langben » 05:18:25 Friday, 21 November, 2014

CWestfall wrote:Well, fuck. It used to be under the User Control Panel, but after ~5 minutes of poking around it seems like it's not there. It's probably the case that we'll need to reinstall the styles since the layout changed fairly considerably between versions of phpBB. I'll try to do that tomorrow, if I can get a good list of styles people want. Apparently here is a good place to find some.

Proformell - Silver/Gray with good contrast.

Alpha - Charcoal/Orange over white. Layout is different/simplified which isn't to everybody's tastes.

Graande - Bold Red theme, has some pop.

Just a few I noticed. I really liked Subsilver2, but didn't find any good examples on that site.

BgKnight
George R. R. Martin in space and with less talent

Postby BgKnight » 07:34:23 Friday, 21 November, 2014

Lucid Lime - First time we tried it, the avatars entered the fields of writing, hopefully not this time.

Hermes - Dis my shit, gimmeh mah shit

Grunge - one of my favs, but it used to cut avatars instead of stretching to accommodate them. (LAABBBIIINEEE, you hear that shit?)

The Artodia Series - looks all web 2.0 and shit, throw it in, what do we got to lose

ykl
Knight of the Flying Pigs

Postby ykl » 07:48:28 Friday, 21 November, 2014

subsilver2 plz....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr4IxMgHdDY

1971 BOP - W.Germany.
Vanaheimr 3 - Edward Yorke, Merchant of Albion.

Phu Quoc - Neo-Patriots.

THE KING IS DEAD, LONG LIVE THE KING!

Gesar
Social Justice Stasi
Social Justice Stasi

Postby Gesar » 08:38:01 Friday, 21 November, 2014

ykl wrote:subsilver2 plz....

Yes oh god yes.
Saenwyn: A Song of Ashes: Storyteller

Louisiana 1792: Fils de la Révolution: Monsieur le Commissaire de l'Intérieur Thomas Francois Jérôme Cossard, Mayor of Saint-Louis and editor of L'Ami de la République
Liberty in Dark Waters: Leopold Karl von Stenhielm, Baron af Rödesund, Knight and Commander of the Orders of His Majesty the King, convicted traitor
Balance of Power 1968: Mwalimu Julius Nyerere, President and Baba wa Taifa of the United Republic of Tanzania

Smyg wrote:The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of Gesar coping with being a total fucking a-grade revolutionary thinker

Spoiler:
#DraftGesar

RinKou
Jackbooted Swinelicker Fascist

Postby RinKou » 18:04:37 Friday, 21 November, 2014

I see we've lost our Proctor & Gamble sponsorship :<
G&G: Absentee GM

If you say that prancing mailman of a GM is ever going to run the gangster game WELL THEN I SAY GOOD DAY SIR -oyid

I write things!
I post things!

Langben
What time is it?

Postby Langben » 03:06:48 Sunday, 23 November, 2014

RinKou wrote:I see we've lost our Proctor & Gamble sponsorship :<

My pension!

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Huojin » 18:28:04 Sunday, 23 November, 2014

Gesar wrote:
ykl wrote:subsilver2 plz....

Yes oh god yes.

Sweet jesus yes, gief subsilver pls

CWestfall
MEANWHILE, IN NORWAY...

Postby CWestfall » 03:18:01 Wednesday, 26 November, 2014

Sorry this took so long. D:

Right, so, about those links you guys posted. Unfortunately none of them appear to be updated for 3.1 yet; they're all still on 3.0.12 or lower. We'll have to wait until the style people get their stuff updated. 3.1's been out for about 3 weeks now so hopefully that'll be soon.

The good news is, I went hunting around some forums and I did manage to find a 3.1 compatible version of subsilver2! IIt's installed now, so just open up your user control panel, select board preferences, and then select subsilver2 from the first drop-down menu.
<KimIlSmyg> Congratulations Labine
<KimIlSmyg> You're in my signature.

Langben
What time is it?

Postby Langben » 03:34:06 Wednesday, 26 November, 2014

CWestfall wrote:The good news is, I went hunting around some forums and I did manage to find a 3.1 compatible version of subsilver2! IIt's installed now, so just open up your user control panel, select board preferences, and then select subsilver2 from the first drop-down menu.

I'm going to go ahead and just set the board default to subsilver2. Much appreciated man!

ykl
Knight of the Flying Pigs

Postby ykl » 03:47:11 Wednesday, 26 November, 2014

CWestfall wrote:Sorry this took so long. D:

Right, so, about those links you guys posted. Unfortunately none of them appear to be updated for 3.1 yet; they're all still on 3.0.12 or lower. We'll have to wait until the style people get their stuff updated. 3.1's been out for about 3 weeks now so hopefully that'll be soon.

The good news is, I went hunting around some forums and I did manage to find a 3.1 compatible version of subsilver2! IIt's installed now, so just open up your user control panel, select board preferences, and then select subsilver2 from the first drop-down menu.

Praise all the things, everything does not suck now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr4IxMgHdDY

1971 BOP - W.Germany.
Vanaheimr 3 - Edward Yorke, Merchant of Albion.

Phu Quoc - Neo-Patriots.

THE KING IS DEAD, LONG LIVE THE KING!

Return to “Off Topic”