Hello? Anyone home?

For off-topic, general discussion. Talk about pretty much anything.
Cthulhuvong
Chaos God of Nation Simming

Hello? Anyone home?

Post by Cthulhuvong » 01:39:02 Sunday, 31 January, 2016

So I was going through my bookmarks, cleaning them up, and I found this place again. Haven't posted here since the end of September, and it seems that the postings have gone downhill a lot since then. Besides myself and Huojin posting today, doesn't seem like anyone has posted in a week.

So, whats up people?
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

"Sir, It is a well-known fact that young people are generally leftwing. It is also well-known that as people get older, they become more rightwing.
It is also a fact that, as people get older, their brain cells die at a faster and faster rate. I would therefore like to propose that conservatism be classified as a degenerative disease."
~letter to the Guardian, 1971

"I mean, being a freedom fighter, a…a force for good, it's…it's a wonderful thing. You get to make your own hours, looks good on a resume, but the pay…SUCKS."
~Alfred Bester, Babylon 5

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Hello? Anyone home?

Post by Huojin » 02:53:42 Sunday, 31 January, 2016

Hey man, there's still people around, everyone's just chilling on IRC. I'm just on a solo quest to keep up some semblance of activity on the board.

Langben
What time is it?

Post by Langben » 05:31:48 Sunday, 31 January, 2016

Cthulhuvong wrote:Besides myself and Huojin posting today, doesn't seem like anyone has posted in a week.

Master of Oblivion
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Master of Oblivion » 21:50:47 Sunday, 31 January, 2016

I am thinking of hosting a game to revive activity.
Louisiana: Edmond Lavaeu
Gesar's Game: Hoping We don't leave the magic fantasy land
1990: Israel
Metal Gear: Iran
Aliens!: USSR
New Vegas: Salvador

You either die Fo'Dolo or see yourself live long enough to be the Patton.

Serenissima
England Expects Every Man Will Do His Duty

Post by Serenissima » 23:42:59 Sunday, 31 January, 2016

I do indeed live, been working on some thrilling heroic plans for Louisiana.
"Imagine lies, and then write them down in order. That is literally all authors do!"

Metal Gear BoP: Japan
Saenwyn: Jace Kern, Duke of Tailledun
1800: Britain
1968A: Filthy Neutral Switzerland

Coin
Mise, Pangur Bán agus PILOT WHALES

Post by Coin » 00:36:58 Monday, 01 February, 2016

Goofy said it better than I ever could.
Langben wrote:Image

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Huojin » 19:54:21 Monday, 01 February, 2016

Master of Oblivion wrote:I am thinking of hosting a game to revive activity.
Oh, since the IRC network kept shitting on us every time I tried to answer your question: there's 1971 stats in the archive and you can have the 1960 ones from althistoria, since Smyg and I worked those over and they're good. Tempted to request a 1900 game though, since I love that shit.

scorpion
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post by scorpion » 20:17:25 Monday, 01 February, 2016

I'm also lurking around waiting for a game to play, or until I settle and fully commit on plans for one I want to GM.
Metal Gear BoP-GM
1968 BoP-Yugoslavia

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Huojin » 21:08:45 Monday, 01 February, 2016

scorpion wrote:I'm also lurking around waiting for a game to play, or until I settle and fully commit on plans for one I want to GM.
O: hey scorp!

I'd dig another scorp game, don't suppose you've got any assorted ideas you can't decide on?

scorpion
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post by scorpion » 21:48:42 Monday, 01 February, 2016

Huojin wrote:
scorpion wrote:I'm also lurking around waiting for a game to play, or until I settle and fully commit on plans for one I want to GM.
O: hey scorp!

I'd dig another scorp game, don't suppose you've got any assorted ideas you can't decide on?
Using my WW2 BoP as source of learning, my first, and main goal is to simplify my game a bit for the players and GM. One of the easiest ways I can do this is make a game that is more mechanics based. I'd love to pull from the days of my Ancient and Medieval bops which allowed players to fight there own battles if they chose to. Seeing as most of the total war games are cheap, or always on sale, this option becomes more irresistible because it adds another element to BoP games and has worked very well in the past. So Option 1 would be a return to Total War supported BoP games, ranging from the Ancient Era to The Napoleonic Times.

My Second option not far from Total War supported Medieval BoP, would be one set in the Song of Fire and Ice Universe. I recently finished reading the "The World of Ice & Fire: The Untold History of Westeros and the Game of Thrones" and I feel I have a firm grasp on the subject to make an interesting game out of it. I have started compiling stats for the Era of Roberts Rebellion for this one.

My 3rd and Final option that I've been mulling over is a Hybrid of Axis Victory,Man in the High Castle(Which I currently possess and plan to read next), And Wolfenstein Inspired Events.

I suppose which ever would gain the most traction here is what I'd lean towards.
Metal Gear BoP-GM
1968 BoP-Yugoslavia

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Huojin » 22:48:22 Monday, 01 February, 2016

scorpion wrote:I suppose which ever would gain the most traction here is what I'd lean towards.
I think my vote of preference would be pretty much in the order you listed. Though in historical games I'd play any of 'em, Napoleonic is my preferred era, going backwards. Or Medieval, really. They're close in my favour.

scorpion
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post by scorpion » 23:11:06 Monday, 01 February, 2016

Well I suppose what I could do is pick some different Eras, create the stats for the Main powers, and give a synopsis on the political climate for each. Then I'll put it to a vote in the appropriate thread. Could you give me an idea on what we have so far as active members goes? This way I can pick eras that'd work better with the numbers we have.
Metal Gear BoP-GM
1968 BoP-Yugoslavia

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Huojin » 23:15:06 Monday, 01 February, 2016

scorpion wrote:Well I suppose what I could do is pick some different Eras, create the stats for the Main powers, and give a synopsis on the political climate for each. Then I'll put it to a vote in the appropriate thread. Could you give me an idea on what we have so far as active members goes? This way I can pick eras that'd work better with the numbers we have.
I dig it.

You can probably pull about 10-12 from here alone, plus we've got friends on another forum we can see if they want to play - and in all likelihood we'll get another 5-10 from there without too much trouble.

Master of Oblivion
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Master of Oblivion » 00:37:07 Tuesday, 02 February, 2016

Huojin wrote:
Oh, since the IRC network kept shitting on us every time I tried to answer your question: there's 1971 stats in the archive and you can have the 1960 ones from althistoria, since Smyg and I worked those over and they're good. Tempted to request a 1900 game though, since I love that shit.
1900? How did that turn out?
Louisiana: Edmond Lavaeu
Gesar's Game: Hoping We don't leave the magic fantasy land
1990: Israel
Metal Gear: Iran
Aliens!: USSR
New Vegas: Salvador

You either die Fo'Dolo or see yourself live long enough to be the Patton.

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Huojin » 17:28:55 Tuesday, 02 February, 2016

Master of Oblivion wrote:
Huojin wrote:
1900? How did that turn out?
We've never had a game last more than... two turns, I think, but last time went pretty well until Aegis disappeared on us.

I dunno, might be best holding a poll. I'd lean for 1900s or something similar in part for newness - we've never done it successfully before, so it's not something we've experienced repeatedly. For those bored with the Cold War format, there's still novelty to be found. Still, I'd always say a GM should pick what they want to run since it'll be more likely to run successfully.

Return to “Off Topic”