Hello? Anyone home?

For off-topic, general discussion. Talk about pretty much anything.
Aegis
Stalinist
Stalinist

Re: Hello? Anyone home?

Post by Aegis » 19:29:46 Thursday, 04 February, 2016

Huojin wrote:
Master of Oblivion wrote:
Huojin wrote:
Master of Oblivion wrote:I am thinking of hosting a game to revive activity.
Oh, since the IRC network kept shitting on us every time I tried to answer your question: there's 1971 stats in the archive and you can have the 1960 ones from althistoria, since Smyg and I worked those over and they're good. Tempted to request a 1900 game though, since I love that shit.
1900? How did that turn out?
We've never had a game last more than... two turns, I think, but last time went pretty well until Aegis disappeared on us.

I dunno, might be best holding a poll. I'd lean for 1900s or something similar in part for newness - we've never done it successfully before, so it's not something we've experienced repeatedly. For those bored with the Cold War format, there's still novelty to be found. Still, I'd always say a GM should pick what they want to run since it'll be more likely to run successfully.
Why would you bring up that game? I was such a fuckwit 3 years ago...
Man

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Huojin » 19:43:59 Thursday, 04 February, 2016

Aegis wrote:Why would you bring up that game? I was such a fuckwit 3 years ago...
1. Because you broke my Russian heart, Aegis ;__;

2. Holy shit, 3 years ago, really? Jesus Christ.

Aegis
Stalinist
Stalinist

Post by Aegis » 19:54:26 Thursday, 04 February, 2016

Huojin wrote:
Aegis wrote:Why would you bring up that game? I was such a fuckwit 3 years ago...
1. Because you broke my Russian heart, Aegis ;__;

2. Holy shit, 3 years ago, really? Jesus Christ.
You gave me too much power, power corrupts.
Man

Parallax
Proletarian
Proletarian

Post by Parallax » 14:24:43 Saturday, 12 March, 2016

Hello. Decided to post in here instead of bumping my newbie thread again. Any games going on soon? I'm just finishing up playing in a 58-player mafia game, and I'm craving something else after not really giving a damn about forum games for the past few months.

Most of the games you guys play here, I have no idea where to start, but I'm interested!

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Huojin » 14:51:51 Saturday, 12 March, 2016

Parallax wrote:Hello. Decided to post in here instead of bumping my newbie thread again. Any games going on soon? I'm just finishing up playing in a 58-player mafia game, and I'm craving something else after not really giving a damn about forum games for the past few months.

Most of the games you guys play here, I have no idea where to start, but I'm interested!
Hey hey!

We've got some games going on right now, sure.

If you've ever played a Total War game or Crusader Kings 2, you might want to look at Europe 1274. It's pretty straightforward, and we're just getting ready to start so there's plenty of spots still open.

If you fancy something geopolitical, a little sneakier at times, more diplomacy-heavy, you might like Balance of Power: 1898. It's still early days, and there are nations left for you to dip your toes with.

If you'd prefer something a little more story-driven, like an in-depth RPG based around revolution, war, political intrigue and control in the late 18th/early 19th century, take a look at my game, Louisiana 1792: Fils de la Révolution.

I can answer questions on any of them, but I'm obviously best placed to talk about mine :P It's very flatteringly been compared to a Bioware game, if that helps sell you on it. But mostly if you have questions, come and chat in our IRC and we'll explain all. Just click this link and you're 99% of the way there.

Parallax
Proletarian
Proletarian

Post by Parallax » 15:46:13 Saturday, 12 March, 2016

Thank you! I'll check those out! All of them sound interesting!

Return to “Off Topic”