Westeros: The Series

For off-topic, general discussion. Talk about pretty much anything.
Sonny
Anarcho-Communist
Anarcho-Communist

Westeros: The Series

Post by Sonny » 18:09:47 Sunday, 03 September, 2017

Has anyone seen this fan-made video?

Although a "modern-day" story of Westeros would make a terrible tv show I think it's interesting imagining how things would turn out thousands of years later. It almost reminds me of House of Cards.
1990 - GM / UN / INTERPOL / Makarov / Cordis Die / IS
1800 - Cisalpine Republic (Italy)

Red John
Stalinist
Stalinist

Re: Westeros: The Series

Post by Red John » 23:03:32 Sunday, 03 September, 2017

If they focus less on shoehorning in muh popular GOT iconography, and focus more on having a cohesive plot that just so happens to be set in a modern Westeros, I think it could work.

That trailer sure didn't give me the impression that's what they're doing though. Prime Minister Lannister. Those Stark COAs. A, presumably, pet wolf. You can never make judgements this early, but I'm not hopeful.

I'm half expecting all major and relavent 'minor' houses to have survived through centuries (or millennia), which is stupid, but hey. Might turn out to be watchable.

Sonny
Anarcho-Communist
Anarcho-Communist

Post by Sonny » 01:07:26 Monday, 04 September, 2017

Red John wrote:
23:03:32 Sunday, 03 September, 2017
If they focus less on shoehorning in muh popular GOT iconography, and focus more on having a cohesive plot that just so happens to be set in a modern Westeros, I think it could work.

That trailer sure didn't give me the impression that's what they're doing though. Prime Minister Lannister. Those Stark COAs. A, presumably, pet wolf. You can never make judgements this early, but I'm not hopeful.

I'm half expecting all major and relavent 'minor' houses to have survived through centuries (or millennia), which is stupid, but hey. Might turn out to be watchable.
Well its a fan made web series so you can't expect too much from it. That's if they even make episodes without getting sued first
1990 - GM / UN / INTERPOL / Makarov / Cordis Die / IS
1800 - Cisalpine Republic (Italy)

Red John
Stalinist
Stalinist

Post by Red John » 11:05:47 Monday, 04 September, 2017

Sonny wrote:
01:07:26 Monday, 04 September, 2017
Red John wrote:
23:03:32 Sunday, 03 September, 2017

Well its a fan made web series so you can't expect too much from it. That's if they even make episodes without getting sued first
Yeah, I didn't notice that at first cause I didn't visit the youtube page and just clicked on the link on mobile. I'm presuming they've already thought about the legal side of things.

Honestly if it's fan-made I'm a bit more hopeful.

Return to “Off Topic”