US politics

For off-topic, general discussion. Talk about pretty much anything.
Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Re: US politics

Post by Huojin » 01:58:25 Sunday, 06 November, 2016

Fuck it, here's my guess.

http://www.270towin.com/maps/mbZBn

Smyg
GETTIN' REAL TIRED OF YOUR MACHIAVELLIAN BULLSHIT, GESAR

Post by Smyg » 21:46:33 Monday, 07 November, 2016

Here's my completely random choices.
Comrade Astrojildo Pereira Duarte Silva
Secretary-General of the Partido Comunista do Brasil
(PCB)

Hugo Strange
Urso-Maoist
Urso-Maoist

Post by Hugo Strange » 01:56:09 Tuesday, 08 November, 2016

RinKou
Jackbooted Swinelicker Fascist

Post by RinKou » 06:57:11 Tuesday, 08 November, 2016

Heartache by the Numbers: Caravan Master

If you say that prancing mailman of a GM is ever going to run the gangster game WELL THEN I SAY GOOD DAY SIR -oyid

I write things!
I post things!

Serenissima
England Expects Every Man Will Do His Duty

Post by Serenissima » 17:35:41 Tuesday, 08 November, 2016

http://www.270towin.com/maps/RNgm4

Hoping your guesses are more accurate than mine.
"Imagine lies, and then write them down in order. That is literally all authors do!"

Metal Gear BoP: Japan
Brazil: Luís Carlos Prestes, the Knight of Hope

RinKou
Jackbooted Swinelicker Fascist

Post by RinKou » 07:43:29 Wednesday, 09 November, 2016

Thus says the Lord, "Go down to the house of the king of Judah, and there speak this word, and say 'Hear the word of the Lord, O king of Judah, who sits on David's throne, you and your servants and your people who enter these gates. Thus says the Lord, "Do justice and righteousness, and deliver the one who has been robbed from the power of his oppressor. Also do not mistreat or do violence to the stranger, the orphan, or the widow; and do not shed innocent blood in this place. For if you men will indeed perform this thing, then kings will enter the gates of this house, sitting in David's place on his throne, riding in chariots and on horses, even the king himself and his servants and his people. But if you will not obey these words, I swear by Myself," declares the Lord, "that this house will become a desolation.'"

For thus says the Lord concerning the house of the king of Judah: "You are like Gilead to Me, like the summit of Lebanon; yet most assuredly I shall make you like a wilderness, like cities which are not inhabited. For I shall set apart destroyers against you, each with his weapons; and they will cut down your choicest cedars and throw them on the fire. And many nations will pass by this city; and they will say to one another, 'Why has the Lord done thus to this great city?'

"Then they will answer, 'Because they forsook the covenant of the Lord their God and bowed down to other gods and served them.'"

Do not weep for the dead or mourn for him, but weep continually for the one who goes away; for he will never return or see his native land. For thus says the Lord in regard to Shallum the son of Josiah, king of Judah, who became king in the place of Josiah his father, who went forth from this place, "He will never return there; but in the place where they led him captive, there he will die and not see this land again.
SpoilerShow
"Woe to him who builds his house without righteousness and his upper rooms without justice, who uses his neighbor's services without pay and does not give him his wages, who says, 'I will build myself a roomy house with spacious upper rooms, and cut out its windows, paneling it with cedar and painting it bright red.'

"Do you become a king because you are competing in cedar? Did not your father eat and drink, and do justice and righteousness? Then it was well with him. He plead the cause of the afflicted and needy; then it was well. Is not that what it means to know Me?" declares the Lord. "But your eyes and your heart are intent only upon your own dishonest gain, and on shedding innocent blood and on practicing oppression and extortion."

Therefore thus says the Lord in regard to Jehoiakim the son of Josiah, king of Judah, "They will not lament for him: 'Alas, my brother!' or, 'Alas, my sister!' They will not lament for him: 'Alas for the master!' or 'Alas for his splendor!' He will be buried with a donkey's burial, dragged off and thrown out beyond the gates of Jerusalem.

Go up to Lebanon and cry out, and lift up your voice in Bashan; cry out also from Abarim, for all your lovers have been crushed.

I spoke to you in your prosperity; but you said, 'I will not listen!' This has been your practice from your youth, that you have not obeyed My voice. The wind will sweep away all your shepherds, and your lovers will go into captivity; then you will surely be ashamed and humiliated because of all your wickedness. You who dwell in Lebanon, nested in the cedars, how you will groan when pangs come upon you, pain like a woman in childbirth!
Heartache by the Numbers: Caravan Master

If you say that prancing mailman of a GM is ever going to run the gangster game WELL THEN I SAY GOOD DAY SIR -oyid

I write things!
I post things!

Red John
Revisionist
Revisionist

Post by Red John » 08:18:17 Wednesday, 09 November, 2016

Americans, man.

Fuck.

Tellos
Stalinist
Stalinist

Post by Tellos » 08:32:06 Wednesday, 09 November, 2016

You realizealot of us didint vote for him right?
United States of America - BOP 1830

United States of America - BOP 1935

Russian Federation - BOP Metal Gear

Master of Oblivion
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Master of Oblivion » 08:47:58 Wednesday, 09 November, 2016

Master of Oblivion wrote:
Huojin wrote: You could always blame the Democratic establishment for being so totally useless in 2014 that their position in Congress and national politics was destroyed since they for some reason didn't get behind Obama's record. It's testament to just how useless they were that only 3 actual politicians ran for the Democratic nomination, one of whom made zero mark on the contest. If they'd been any good at all we could've seen a field better populated by candidates who presented a real alternative to Hillary.
I think you hit at one of the biggest problems that no one talked about in this election. Under President Obama the democrats lost 900+ state legislature seats, 12 governors, 69 House seats, and 13 Senate seats. A lot of the mid to low ranks of leadership was decimated. Besides Elizabeth Warren, who else were the democrats happy to support? Everyone talked about Biden, but remember how well he did the last time he ran? The democrats really need to restock their leadership.
I am quoting this again. Democrats need to foster new leadership. Every exciting politician under 50 is a republican.
Louisiana: Edmond Lavaeu
Gesar's Game: Hoping We don't leave the magic fantasy land
1990: Israel
Metal Gear: Iran
Aliens!: USSR
New Vegas: Salvador

You either die Fo'Dolo or see yourself live long enough to be the Patton.

Zar
walking meme repository

Post by Zar » 12:34:38 Wednesday, 09 November, 2016

Congratulations to Serenissima for having the closest electoral map prediction. Good job.

Congratulations to Donald Trump, the 45th President of the United States. Hope he does well.

God bless America.
"I have no patience for injustice, no tolerance for government incompetence, no sympathy for leaders who fail their citizens."

Serenissima
England Expects Every Man Will Do His Duty

Post by Serenissima » 12:37:53 Wednesday, 09 November, 2016

I wish I was wrong, but I also wish I was more accurate than I was.
"Imagine lies, and then write them down in order. That is literally all authors do!"

Metal Gear BoP: Japan
Brazil: Luís Carlos Prestes, the Knight of Hope

Gesar
Social Justice Stasi
Social Justice Stasi

Post by Gesar » 15:49:46 Wednesday, 09 November, 2016

here's to hoping the world still exists in 2045, because that Pyongyang meet up will be the only safe space we can gather publicly
BrazilSim: Lampião, King of Cangaco, in Ain't Nothin' But a Gangster Party
Smyg wrote:The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of Gesar coping with being a total fucking a-grade revolutionary thinker

Master of Oblivion
Administrator
Administrator

Inspiring Story

Post by Master of Oblivion » 10:37:10 Thursday, 10 November, 2016

Imagine there's a self-made man. He has survived the hardships of several bankruptcies and failed marriages. He decides to run for the presidency. He is told he has only a 1% shot of winning. He is going up against guys half his age with double the political experience. He is running against a former president's brother, senators, and governors. It is an extremely crowded field, an unprecedented event. Yet through hard work and tough talking he garners attention at debates. He nimbly navigates around the establishment, pushing his rhetoric into areas none of them have dared to tread.

Something amazing happens. He begins to gain in the polls. In debate after debate he excels, using his natural charisma. His opponents label him unqualified and extremist, but he realizes they elitism blinds him to his connection with the common man. While he loses the first primary, he begins to roll ahead, winning contest after contest. His opponents start to collude to stop him, but through discipline and hard work he triumphs. They are forced to admit defeat.

He savors his victory, but soon knows his biggest challenge is ahead. Like Rocky going up against Creed, everyone his written him off against the undisputed heavyweight champion of insider politics. Fresh off vanquishing another political outsider, she sets her eyes on him. Funds come pouring into her campaign. She is the overwhelming favorite. But her hubris has blinded her to own weakness, one our hero will exploit. Her corrupt path has made many untrusting of her, and a brave Swedish ally begins to reveal her schemes. The people take notice, seeing it as a competition between an honest straight shooter, and a pandering liar.

Our hero and the political titan duke it out. Our hero has his share of Judahs, those who used his convention to stab him in the back. Still he persists. His opponent labels his supporters "Deplorables". He takes this to heart, promising to fight for them. Then the unspeakable happens. A past misdeed of our hero is revealed. In his dark time, everyone abandons him. His running mate refuses to talk to him. His wife might leave him. His party seeks to dump him. Our hero is alone, but chooses to keep fighting. He will have to win this on his own, with only the help of the deplorables.

As the election draws nearer, the political queen and her supporters celebrate her victory. Our hero campaigns harder than anyone campaigned before. Its election night. The results are coming in. Everyone expect the Queen of corruption to win. However the numbers in Ohio and Virginia look strange and unexpected. So do the numbers in North Carolina and Pennsylvania. The Queen's supporters nervously laugh off these results. Nothing can stop their inevitable progressive victory over the deplorables. Then the results in Wisconsin and Michigan pour in. Could it be? Could our hero, abandoned by his party, friends, and wife be winning? Yes it is. As the night goes on, our brave American Hero sees the map painted red. The man everyone had written off, who had been given a 1% chance to win his party, let alone the presidency, managed to take his ideology deep into his opponents territory. While the Queen flees and refuses to give a speech, that night, our Hero speaks of the need for reconciliation. His wife, party, and running mate return to him. A new day begins.
Last edited by Master of Oblivion on 10:49:16 Thursday, 10 November, 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Master of Oblivion
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Inspiring Story

Post by Master of Oblivion » 10:37:57 Thursday, 10 November, 2016

Writing this story was a cathartic joke for me. Maybe this is how conservative history books will remember trump.

Luftwafer
Urso-Maoist
Urso-Maoist

Post by Luftwafer » 17:18:02 Thursday, 10 November, 2016

Kek, Can't stump the Trump. Shame to see so many SJWs here, maybe Maybee was right after all

Return to “Off Topic”