Films and Television

For off-topic, general discussion. Talk about pretty much anything.
Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Films and Television

Postby Huojin » 11:11:12 Monday, 22 June, 2015

Flamelord wrote:
Huojin wrote:

Trailer for this dropped and I didn't realise, now more excited for it than previously thought :3

yep, looks pretty good. Admittedly I haven't read the book, but when has that ever stopped anyone?

Tempted to read the book, since there's plenty of time between now and October when the film comes out.

Interestingly I recently watched Interstellar (late to the party, I know), where Matt Damon is also a stranded astronaut, but in a minor role. Briefly, the film entered an area of trippy speculative sci-fi-based-on-real-science-and-supposedly-possibly-plausible that I didn't dig nearly as much as I dug the early hard-er sci-fi stuff, but it was still pretty good.

BgKnight
George R. R. Martin in space and with less talent

Postby BgKnight » 06:23:33 Saturday, 11 July, 2015

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Huojin » 09:51:38 Saturday, 11 July, 2015

Looks eh. I was excited before but quickly began to realise that's it's not for the likes of us. Just listen to the "BWAH" soundtrack in the trailer and you understand the vibe it's going for.

Still the whole Grasshopper Lies Heavy interpretation is interesting to me. Assuming it's not a pile of turds I'll probably watch it a bit at least.

Master of Oblivion
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Master of Oblivion » 04:41:12 Tuesday, 14 July, 2015

Huojin wrote:Looks eh. I was excited before but quickly began to realise that's it's not for the likes of us. Just listen to the "BWAH" soundtrack in the trailer and you understand the vibe it's going for.

Still the whole Grasshopper Lies Heavy interpretation is interesting to me. Assuming it's not a pile of turds I'll probably watch it a bit at least.

Every scene from that trailer was already in the Pilot. You can probably find it somewhere online and judge for yourself. It looked interesting enough.

This trailer looks better than I expected. I honestly feared that this was going to be a trainwreck.
GM of 1898
Louisiana: Edmond Lavaeu
1968: USSR

You either die Fo'Dolo or see yourself live long enough to be the Patton.

Langben
What time is it?

Postby Langben » 09:43:38 Wednesday, 22 July, 2015

Spoiler:
The theme running throughout rings of On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

Cars with gadgets are back in. I give it another 2 movies tops before we get a midget Samoan with a killer bowler.

Langben
What time is it?

Postby Langben » 04:15:19 Wednesday, 05 August, 2015

Langben
What time is it?

Postby Langben » 11:33:10 Monday, 10 August, 2015

Anybody watching Rick and Morty? Probably my new favorite animated show since Archer really started to run out of steam.

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Huojin » 14:10:39 Wednesday, 09 December, 2015

Just watched the second Bats v Supes trailer, hype derailed.

I really cannot see how this film could recover from what it has revealed itself to be. Christ almighty.

Langben
What time is it?

Postby Langben » 03:30:29 Thursday, 10 December, 2015

Same shit as the Terminator movie, Jurassic World too. Just hang it all out there for everyone to see and hope people pay to see it again in Theater 3D.

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Huojin » 12:52:18 Thursday, 10 December, 2015

Comparisons to Amazing Spiderman 2, Spiderman 3, Terminator Genisys, Jurassic World, and other shocking films of recent years abound.

Also to answer your earlier query Goof, I've not been watching Rick & Morty, something about it just rubs me the wrong way so that I can't get into it. It just puts me offffff.

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Huojin » 02:44:28 Sunday, 13 December, 2015

The new, replacement 2016 superhero film I'm actually excited for. Especially since Civil War looks less awesome on subsequent viewings. There's still hype tho.

Hesitations so far re: X-Men include
- Sansa Stark as young Jean Grey, because redhead = obvious choice in casting director brains
- I am over Jennifer Lawrence and wish the film world was too

Langben
What time is it?

Postby Langben » 09:55:10 Sunday, 13 December, 2015

Huojin wrote:Hesitations so far re: X-Men include
- Sansa Stark as young Jean Grey, because redhead = obvious choice in casting director brains

1. I think she deserves a role more "Scary all powerful" and less "A series of unfortunate and rapey events" for once. At the very least she won't be so dour and useless throughout this story.

2. God yes. The whole point of Mystique's story is she accepts that the scaly blue boobsuit is her real face. Lawrence needs dat face time though. bleh.

As long as Bryan Singer is involved, I'll make an effort to see it.

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Huojin » 12:03:21 Sunday, 13 December, 2015

Langben wrote:
Huojin wrote:Hesitations so far re: X-Men include

1. I think she deserves a role more "Scary all powerful" and less "A series of unfortunate and rapey events" for once. At the very least she won't be so dour and useless throughout this story.

2. God yes. The whole point of Mystique's story is she accepts that the scaly blue boobsuit is her real face. Lawrence needs dat face time though. bleh.

As long as Bryan Singer is involved, I'll make an effort to see it.

1. I'd agree if I didn't think her skill is being overstepped (I've not seen anything from her I'd judge as "film-worthy"). Her accent is also seriously :| from the trailer.

2. Exactly. Had a flick through the comments and thoughts on the trailer and people seem to be making jokey Hunger Games comparisons. And I can't help but agree. I don't see Mystique reneging on "mutant and proud" just because Magneto's a piece of shit.

Also I just dislike how everyone fawns over Lawrence who I don't think is actually that good an actress.

Probably still gonna watch this film, but if she's everywhere in it I will be disappointed in Singer and the whole bunch of 'em.

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Huojin » 14:13:20 Wednesday, 16 December, 2015

Yeah... so this looks fairly terrible.

Langben
What time is it?

Postby Langben » 04:35:54 Thursday, 17 December, 2015

Huojin wrote:Star Fast Trek Furious

Yeah... so this looks fairly terrible.