World Politics (aka the Greek Peace Summit)

For off-topic, general discussion. Talk about pretty much anything.
BgKnight
George R. R. Martin in space and with less talent

Re: World Politics (aka the Greek Peace Summit)

Post by BgKnight » 21:08:53 Sunday, 22 February, 2015

Smyg wrote:
It is about how a "new aristocracy" has formed and is effectively controling everything, including presidents.
Ah, yes. The bourgeoisie.
The Illuminati

Coin
Mise, Pangur Bán agus PILOT WHALES

Post by Coin » 20:41:02 Tuesday, 24 February, 2015

For all the MSA players who ever have to do an interview with Huojin, just be glad you're not Natalie Bennett of the English, Welsh and N.Irish Greens.

http://www.lbc.co.uk/incredibly-awkward ... ett-105384

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Huojin » 01:37:15 Wednesday, 25 February, 2015

Coinneach wrote:For all the MSA players who ever have to do an interview with Huojin, just be glad you're not Natalie Bennett of the English, Welsh and N.Irish Greens.

http://www.lbc.co.uk/incredibly-awkward ... ett-105384
Jesus fucking Christ. Moron.

Rising Phoenix
Haegemony supporter. Ludd hater

Post by Rising Phoenix » 03:03:47 Saturday, 23 May, 2015

A judge has reduced the sentence of a rapist because the six year old is homosexual. By the way, the same judge is part of a pair of judges who regularly are used to reduce the sentences of rapists.

There is already an online petition to have the judges trialled, and various social pressure groups are already supporting the removal and trialling of the judges.

My only problem here is that this occurred in the first place. How the heck is even sexual orientation an excuse for rape? Or economic status? That this occurred in this place is beyond stupidity itself.

Langben
What time is it?

Post by Langben » 05:46:12 Saturday, 23 May, 2015

Rising Phoenix wrote:My only problem here is that this occurred in the first place. How the heck is even sexual orientation an excuse for rape? Or economic status? That this occurred in this place is beyond stupidity itself.
Maybe if they don't like kids who aren't "normal", they should stop letting kiddy diddlers diddle all dem' kiddies, eh?

Rising Phoenix
Haegemony supporter. Ludd hater

Post by Rising Phoenix » 09:57:49 Saturday, 23 May, 2015

Langben wrote:
Rising Phoenix wrote:My only problem here is that this occurred in the first place. How the heck is even sexual orientation an excuse for rape? Or economic status? That this occurred in this place is beyond stupidity itself.
Maybe if they don't like kids who aren't "normal", they should stop letting kiddy diddlers diddle all dem' kiddies, eh?
Ironically, that was the excuse the judge used. "Because the child was used to abuse by his father it means that he must be homosexual which means he was partly willing." Or something like that.

The problem really is not the sexual orientation or economic status; it is that such things were used by the judges to justify rape on multiple occasions via court to reduce the sentences of rapists - many of which had abused minors. And that is wrong no matter of how you look at it.

Langben
What time is it?

Post by Langben » 11:25:27 Friday, 08 January, 2016

https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comm ... en_across/

Sounds like you guys were getting pretty wild over there for New Years.

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Huojin » 20:49:55 Friday, 08 January, 2016

... I mean, what do you say to this? There's been a thing in the UK for a couple of years of immigrant groups grooming girls for prostitution rings or just general abuse. There was a big thing in 2014 about it too. Which is not to say it's just them, obviously it happens amongst the white community too, but y'know. The issue is when we lump whole groups of people together.

... I don't really know where I'm going with this.

RinKou
Jackbooted Swinelicker Fascist

Post by RinKou » 20:52:46 Friday, 08 January, 2016

Huojin wrote:... I mean, what do you say to this? There's been a thing in the UK for a couple of years of immigrant groups grooming girls for prostitution rings or just general abuse. There was a big thing in 2014 about it too. Which is not to say it's just them, obviously it happens amongst the white community too, but y'know. The issue is when we lump whole groups of people together.

... I don't really know where I'm going with this.
Basically, this isn't a problem with refugees or immigrants, this is a problem with men.
G&G: Absentee GM

If you say that prancing mailman of a GM is ever going to run the gangster game WELL THEN I SAY GOOD DAY SIR -oyid

I write things!
I post things!

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Huojin » 21:06:05 Friday, 08 January, 2016

RinKou wrote:Basically, this isn't a problem with refugees or immigrants, this is a problem with men.
Is it though? Mightn't be a problem with cultural disparities too? I'm hesitant to heap the blame on our whole gender, since obviously not everyone went out and raped themselves up a storm on New Years Eve. I myself was inhaling gin and tonic at a vapour bar. If there's a culture amongst, say, city dwellers that driving drunk is wrong, but in the countryside it's perfectly acceptable, isn't that a cultural disparity between people in the city and people in the countryside - not a problem with people who drink alcohol?

And just to say on all of this, I'm not sure at all what I really think, and absolutely am not trying to blame migrants/refugees or something like that - far from it, when aspersions are cast on people of non-white ethnicities, guess who gets lumped in with that. So I'm well aware of the dangers here, just sounding things out.

Langben
What time is it?

Post by Langben » 08:38:16 Sunday, 10 January, 2016

Huojin wrote:
RinKou wrote:Basically, this isn't a problem with refugees or immigrants, this is a problem with men.
Is it though? Mightn't be a problem with cultural disparities too? I'm hesitant to heap the blame on our whole gender, since obviously not everyone went out and raped themselves up a storm on New Years Eve. I myself was inhaling gin and tonic at a vapour bar. If there's a culture amongst, say, city dwellers that driving drunk is wrong, but in the countryside it's perfectly acceptable, isn't that a cultural disparity between people in the city and people in the countryside - not a problem with people who drink alcohol?

And just to say on all of this, I'm not sure at all what I really think, and absolutely am not trying to blame migrants/refugees or something like that - far from it, when aspersions are cast on people of non-white ethnicities, guess who gets lumped in with that. So I'm well aware of the dangers here, just sounding things out.
There's Rape Culture, and then there's Rape Culture. You mix cultural conservatives into a very foreign and liberal society under extreme circumstances, and things aren't going to mesh just because everyone had the best intentions.

Smyg
GETTIN' REAL TIRED OF YOUR MACHIAVELLIAN BULLSHIT, GESAR

Post by Smyg » 15:23:37 Sunday, 10 January, 2016

I'm not going to touch this subject with a ten-foot pole. Already argued with my girlfriend about it for like thirty minutes yesterday.

Langben
What time is it?

Post by Langben » 09:29:53 Sunday, 07 February, 2016

Fuck Groundhog Day, you know it's spring when North Korea bangs the "feed us international aid pls" drum with their annual rocket show.

N. Korea launches long-range rocket

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Huojin » 16:13:21 Sunday, 07 February, 2016

Any news on where it splashed down? I was hoping for a comedic failure in the rocket resulting in it landing in their own backyards. Though ideally not literally, which is to say, in a neighbouring country.

Langben
What time is it?

Post by Langben » 23:14:24 Sunday, 07 February, 2016

Huojin wrote:Any news on where it splashed down? I was hoping for a comedic failure in the rocket resulting in it landing in their own backyards. Though ideally not literally, which is to say, in a neighbouring country.
Need to find a source, but I think it actually buzzed Okinawa.

Return to “Off Topic”