Video Games and Interactive Fiction General

For off-topic, general discussion. Talk about pretty much anything.
Cthulhuvong
Chaos God of Nation Simming

Re: Video Games and Interactive Fiction General

Post by Cthulhuvong » 21:40:11 Thursday, 11 February, 2016

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

"Sir, It is a well-known fact that young people are generally leftwing. It is also well-known that as people get older, they become more rightwing.
It is also a fact that, as people get older, their brain cells die at a faster and faster rate. I would therefore like to propose that conservatism be classified as a degenerative disease."
~letter to the Guardian, 1971

"I mean, being a freedom fighter, a…a force for good, it's…it's a wonderful thing. You get to make your own hours, looks good on a resume, but the pay…SUCKS."
~Alfred Bester, Babylon 5

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Huojin » 05:09:15 Friday, 12 February, 2016

Cthulhuvong wrote:Secret Hitler anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k69PbHoSWm4
That... actually looks like it could be fun, although far shorter than I was imagining.

I'd play if enough people from here were interested and willing to buy Tabletop Simulator. Steam's sale for CNY ends today but it seems cheap anyway. I'm not buying it if no one is interested though.

Cthulhuvong

Post by Cthulhuvong » 05:20:06 Friday, 12 February, 2016

Huojin wrote:
Cthulhuvong wrote:Secret Hitler anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k69PbHoSWm4
That... actually looks like it could be fun, although far shorter than I was imagining.

I'd play if enough people from here were interested and willing to buy Tabletop Simulator. Steam's sale for CNY ends today but it seems cheap anyway. I'm not buying it if no one is interested though.
I'm recruiting on another site, have a few nibbles there, but no bites just yet.

"Sir, It is a well-known fact that young people are generally leftwing. It is also well-known that as people get older, they become more rightwing.
It is also a fact that, as people get older, their brain cells die at a faster and faster rate. I would therefore like to propose that conservatism be classified as a degenerative disease."

"I mean, being a freedom fighter, a…a force for good, it's…it's a wonderful thing. You get to make your own hours, looks good on a resume, but the pay…SUCKS."

Cthulhuvong

Post by Cthulhuvong » 05:28:14 Thursday, 10 March, 2016

Perma-Death Survival MMO. Has Metro and STALKER feels, and seems to be AAA level despite being an indy company.

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Huojin » 15:24:01 Thursday, 10 March, 2016

Cthulhuvong wrote:Perma-Death Survival MMO. Has Metro and STALKER feels, and seems to be AAA level despite being an indy company.
Looks neat, but any word on why the city has Americans all up in it?

Also, anyone play(ed) World of Warships? I've been screwing around with it lately and it's a bunch of fun - if anyone wants to play, lemme know and we can form a division or whatever it's called and fuck shit up.

Cthulhuvong

Post by Cthulhuvong » 23:07:27 Friday, 11 March, 2016

Huojin wrote:
Cthulhuvong wrote:Perma-Death Survival MMO. Has Metro and STALKER feels, and seems to be AAA level despite being an indy company.
Looks neat, but any word on why the city has Americans all up in it?

Also, anyone play(ed) World of Warships? I've been screwing around with it lately and it's a bunch of fun - if anyone wants to play, lemme know and we can form a division or whatever it's called and fuck shit up.
From news about it I've pieced together that some disaster happens in or near the city such that the UN sends peacekeepers. Players will actually be mercs in the area helping out the powers, I believe.

Played it with friends a few months ago, its fun for a bit. Might be up for playing sometime in the future.

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Huojin » 12:34:20 Saturday, 12 March, 2016

Cthulhuvong wrote:Played it with friends a few months ago, its fun for a bit. Might be up for playing sometime in the future.
Hit me up, man - I've got a brand new carrier and zero idea how to use it. Let's make it happ'n, cap'n.

(or alternatively battleships and such, but whateverrrr)

Orago
I Am that Is

Post by Orago » 00:47:04 Sunday, 08 May, 2016

Sorry I've been gone a while but

Stellaris

Who is hype for this?

http://www.stellariswiki.com/Stellaris_Wiki

I have high hopes. I think it will be Paradox's best game yet, and perhaps one of the greatest strategy games in a long time.

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Huojin » 12:07:10 Sunday, 08 May, 2016

Orago wrote:Sorry I've been gone a while but

Stellaris

Who is hype for this?

I have high hopes. I think it will be Paradox's best game yet, and perhaps one of the greatest strategy games in a long time.
Orago! You're back!

(how bout dat Minecraft? :3)

As for Stellaris, looks like it could be the video game version of First Contact. Which is awesome. Assuming they pull it off.

Cthulhuvong

Post by Cthulhuvong » 17:10:01 Sunday, 08 May, 2016

Huojin wrote:

Stellaris

Who is hype for this?

Orago! You're back!

As for Stellaris, looks like it could be the video game version of First Contact. Which is awesome. Assuming they pull it off.
Hi Orago! How are you?!

Also, I'm already trying to set up a multiplayer game for every other week on another site. Hopefully we'll have at least half a dozen members, maybe more.

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Huojin » 18:19:24 Sunday, 08 May, 2016

Cthulhuvong wrote:
Huojin wrote:

Stellaris

Who is hype for this?

Orago! You're back!

Hi Orago! How are you?!

Also, I'm already trying to set up a multiplayer game for every other week on another site. Hopefully we'll have at least half a dozen members, maybe more.
Sounds tight, lemme know how that goes! I'm pretty sure that after a couple of months (or years...) when enough of us have it, we might get something running too, if we're lucky and not busy with life shit. Or just piggyback on yours :P

Cthulhuvong

Post by Cthulhuvong » 23:21:31 Sunday, 08 May, 2016

Huojin wrote:Sounds tight, lemme know how that goes! I'm pretty sure that after a couple of months (or years...) when enough of us have it, we might get something running too, if we're lucky and not busy with life shit. Or just piggyback on yours :P
How does SASWT sound? Super Awesome Stellaris Wow Time! I was thinking of making a group for it on Steam thats invite only, so we don't get weirdos that aren't approved, just ones that are.

So far its just you, me, and 2 guys from the other site, though I know another already owns it so he'd probably be in too. We'd need to work on a timeframe though that most of us can work with.

My schedule gives me Monday through Friday evenings (6pm CST and after), and anytime Sundays.

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Huojin » 13:17:21 Monday, 09 May, 2016

Cthulhuvong wrote:
Huojin wrote:Sounds tight, lemme know how that goes! I'm pretty sure that after a couple of months (or years...) when enough of us have it, we might get something running too, if we're lucky and not busy with life shit. Or just piggyback on yours :P
How does SASWT sound? Super Awesome Stellaris Wow Time! I was thinking of making a group for it on Steam thats invite only, so we don't get weirdos that aren't approved, just ones that are.

So far its just you, me, and 2 guys from the other site, though I know another already owns it so he'd probably be in too. We'd need to work on a timeframe though that most of us can work with.

My schedule gives me Monday through Friday evenings (6pm CST and after), and anytime Sundays.
Haha I won't be able to play for quite some time, got exams and a shitload of other stuff to do before then, plus I'd need to buy it.

In other news, anyone familiar with this game? Looks like a good time, especially multiplayer.

Cthulhuvong

Post by Cthulhuvong » 15:13:54 Monday, 09 May, 2016

Huojin wrote:
Cthulhuvong wrote:

Haha I won't be able to play for quite some time, got exams and a shitload of other stuff to do before then, plus I'd need to buy it.

In other news, anyone familiar with this game? Looks like a good time, especially multiplayer.

I was going to wait 2-3 weeks before the first game, just figured people would need time for life and learning the game.

Offworld looks even better than I first saw, really want to get that one too. But gotta save up first....

Cthulhuvong

Post by Cthulhuvong » 16:34:48 Thursday, 12 May, 2016

So Stellaris. My friends and I played a (non-LAN) multiplayer game yesterday together. While it took us about a half hour to figure out how to join, once we figured that out, we were able to play together easily. Game runs smooth, no desync problems like their other games (except at one point where my gf clogged the internet tubes and I was 2 days behind, but that was on my end, not the game's fault). However, I found another problem.

Do any of you live in the Chicago area? No? Well then when I put a game up you won't see it in the server list. Apparently that list is based on your Download Region (Steam > Settings > Downloads). My friends all are in the Chicago area so its ok, but you guys (and many of the others I have interested) are in other cities or even other countries. That could be a problem, so I'm going to test if you can join a game in another Region or not tonight hopefully.

Return to “Off Topic”