Who Would Win a Fight: Molotov Edition

For off-topic, general discussion. Talk about pretty much anything.
Smyg
GETTIN' REAL TIRED OF YOUR MACHIAVELLIAN BULLSHIT, GESAR

Who Would Win a Fight: Molotov Edition

Post by Smyg » 20:27:14 Monday, 29 July, 2013

RinKou wrote:I think it might be time for Who Would Win a Fight: Molotov edition.
Snacks vs. Goofy.

GO GO GO
His Excellency Carl Johan Adlercreutz, Riksföreståndare of the Kingdom of Sweden-Finland.

Orago
I Am that Is

Re: Who Would Win a Fight: Molotov Edition

Post by Orago » 20:38:47 Monday, 29 July, 2013

Snacks is from Texas so I think he'll install the fear of God into Goofy :P

BgKnight
George R. R. Martin in space and with less talent

Post by BgKnight » 21:14:03 Monday, 29 July, 2013

Nah man, we are talking about the goofster here. Now I know Snacks and his measurements, I personally would think twice before getting into a fight with him, but I don't have the luck to know goofy, so I can't tell.

TRC
"Molotov's own Jeremy Renner"

Post by TRC » 23:22:31 Monday, 29 July, 2013

Neither would win. God would smite both of them

RinKou
Jackbooted Swinelicker Fascist

Post by RinKou » 04:44:31 Tuesday, 30 July, 2013

I dunno, love Snacks and all, but Goofy's got a real "quiet stranger" type vibe goin' on here. He might just be the biggest badass we've ever known.
Heartache by the Numbers: Caravan Master

If you say that prancing mailman of a GM is ever going to run the gangster game WELL THEN I SAY GOOD DAY SIR -oyid

I write things!
I post things!

Rising Phoenix
Haegemony supporter. Ludd hater

Post by Rising Phoenix » 20:33:07 Tuesday, 30 July, 2013

Goofy has mastered the Internet (anyone who can summon as many gifs as he can is effectively a master of the Internet) and has Administrator powers, while Snacks has only Moderator powers.

True - Snack can summon the Texan God - but that is not enough to beat the Internet.

Rising Phoenix
Haegemony supporter. Ludd hater

Post by Rising Phoenix » 00:44:30 Wednesday, 31 July, 2013

Rising Phoenix wrote:Goofy has mastered the Internet (anyone who can summon as many gifs as he can is effectively a master of the Internet) and has Administrator powers, while Snacks has only Moderator powers.

True - Snack can summon the Texan God - but that is not enough to beat the Internet.
Besides, when I was younger I recall Goofy eating snacks on television. So if we go by usernames...

Gesar
Social Justice Stasi
Social Justice Stasi

Post by Gesar » 01:59:16 Wednesday, 31 July, 2013

RinKou wrote:I dunno, love Snacks and all, but Goofy's got a real "quiet stranger" type vibe goin' on here. He might just be the biggest badass we've ever known.
He's also from Seattle, though.

I might make a bracket.
Smyg wrote:The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of Gesar coping with being a total fucking a-grade revolutionary thinker

Orago
I Am that Is

Post by Orago » 02:14:33 Wednesday, 31 July, 2013

Gesar wrote:
RinKou wrote:I dunno, love Snacks and all, but Goofy's got a real "quiet stranger" type vibe goin' on here. He might just be the biggest badass we've ever known.
He's also from Seattle, though.

I might make a bracket.
Dr. Gesar's Badass Scale ®

Langben
What time is it?

Post by Langben » 03:09:55 Wednesday, 31 July, 2013

Gesar wrote:He's also from Seattle, though.
I will go WTO upside your head, my brotha.

Gesar
Social Justice Stasi
Social Justice Stasi

Post by Gesar » 03:51:18 Wednesday, 31 July, 2013

Molotov Fight Club
Apologies to all those I missed, I wanted an even, fair bracket.

Rules:

1. Fight Club rules. Fights end when somebody says "stop", goes limp, or taps out; no shoes, no shirt, no outside intervention, no weapons; fights will go on as long as they have to. You can talk about Molotov Fight Club, though, it's okay.
2. Each round will last three days, vote on every contest but your own. List your reasons if you want to, and feel free to advocate for yourself above the person you're fighting.
3. Ties will be decided by consensus/debate when I'm on IRC tallying up the votes and posting a new bracket.
4. If I'm feeling creative, I'll write a few sentences describing the fight after the votes.

Current bracket right here.
Current Round: Sweet Sixteen

This round will end at Friday when I feel like tallying it up. And now, my votes:

Rin "The Shaolin Shadowboxer" Kou vs. "The European Chinaman" Tellos
Tellos claims to have been in the Navy, but I've yet to see any proof of that. RinKou is pretty bougie and also a writer, on the other hand, has some ancestral history with martial arts and listens to Wu-Tang Clan. Edge: Rinny

"The Right Honourable Lord Smackdown" Huojin vs. C "Saskatchewan's Only 'Heterosexual' Baker" Westfall
Not only is CWestfall kind of a nerd, he's also a baker. Huojin's hella aristocratic but he's tall and I think knows some martial arts. Edge: Huo

"The Slammin' Salmon" Snacks vs. Goofy "That Time Again" McCoy
Tough one here. Snacks is a pretty well-built guy, and Texan whereas Goofster is from Seattle, but admittedly, I kind of feel like Snacks wouldn't be great in a fight. Goofy is more of an unknown. I'm going to call this one a tie.

"El Chupacabra qon Cheddar" OYID vs. Rising "Peron Ain't Dead" Phoenix
Neither strike me as particularly good in a fight, but OYID has bandito heritage while RP has like, salsa dancing and gauchos. Also I think OYID's older. Edge: OYID

BG "The Vulgar Bulgar" Knight vs. "The" Scorpion
Both are graphic artists. I think Scorpion plays paintball or something, while BG mostly hangs out with his girlfriend. However, I've heard about BG getting into a few fights, so edge: BGKnight

"Admiral Up-In-Yo-Bitch" Serenissima vs. "Braveheart Redux" Coinneach
Seren does know a lot about naval history, but I picture him as a pretty scrawny guy. Coinneach has presumably gotten into a few drunk fights, plus lives out in the middle of fucking nowhere so probably does some shit with that. Edge: Coinneach

Smyg"The Nordic Nihilist" Kommunisten vs. Gesar "Does" Dallas
So I can't vote on this, but I think it's pretty even. Both of us do a decent amount of manual labor, and Smyg has an inch or two on me, although I'm less scrawny in terms of build. Also, while Smyg's insane, I feel like I'd be able to keep my cool better and hold my own that way (see: Rocky, rope-a-dope strategy). Could go either way, I guess.

"Taking out a life insurance policy on all you fuckers" Orago vs. "School Fucker/Shit Burner" The Red Comet
TRC seems like he does more physical work than Orago, so I'm going to go with him. Edge: TRC

Gentlemen, have at it.
Smyg wrote:The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of Gesar coping with being a total fucking a-grade revolutionary thinker

scorpion
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post by scorpion » 04:25:39 Wednesday, 31 July, 2013

Paintball confirmed. I'll vote tomorrow, way to tired right now.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Metal Gear BoP-GM
1800 BoP-Russian Empire

Langben
What time is it?

Post by Langben » 04:38:23 Wednesday, 31 July, 2013

Rin "The Shaolin Shadowboxer" Kou vs. "The European Chinaman" Tellos
Waiting to see if Tellos shows up to put in a few words on his own behalf. For the time being, ADVANTAGE: RINKOU.
"The Right Honourable Lord Smackdown" Huojin vs. C "Saskatchewan's Only 'Heterosexual' Baker" Westfall
Labine is totally the Batman type who's schemed this and a dozen other scenarios out already and has a plan to take everybody down. Unfortunately, he's also going Adam West-style senile already, so I don't know if he lasts after this round. ADVANTAGE: THE SKATCHA ONE.
"The Slammin' Salmon" Snacks vs. Goofy "That Time Again" McCoy
Apparently I'm dark and mysterious. Who knew?
"El Chupacabra qon Cheddar" OYID vs. Rising "Peron Ain't Dead" Phoenix
I've still got no idea what this was. For no particular reason, ADVANTAGE: "LEMON LIME" OYID.
BG "The Vulgar Bulgar" Knight vs. "The" Scorpion
I hate to go against the Vulgar Bulgar, but I know he's going to get some love from Ges and company, while Scorpion has been dying for ages to get all of us fat neckbeards to commit to his Bear Grylls Survival Game and show us what a badass he is. ADVANTAGE: EL SCORPIO.
"Admiral Up-In-Yo-Bitch" Serenissima vs. "Braveheart Redux" Coinneach
I need some more to go on here. Will update after additional discussion.
Smyg"The Nordic Nihilist" Kommunisten vs. Gesar "Does" Dallas
Gesar needs to pass this round because I owe him for 640 credits. Sorry Smygga. ADVANTAGE: GESAR.
"Taking out a life insurance policy on all you fuckers" Orago vs. "School Fucker/Shit Burner" The Red Comet
OH-RAY-GO AIN'T NUTTIN TA FUCK WIT

RinKou
Jackbooted Swinelicker Fascist

Post by RinKou » 04:50:24 Wednesday, 31 July, 2013

Rin v Tellos

So I can't vote on my own, but we don't have a ton of info on Tellos. Personally, my background does give me a few edges. Like Ges says, I do have some martial arts background, and my younger and more bougie days in the scouts fostered a healthy love of survivalism. The two synergize fairly well, even if it can't be fully exploited, given the conditions.

Also, I've been in a couple riots. Not as a rioter or anything, but you know, because I happened to be downtown after the Lakers won.

Double plus, my girlfriend is from the hood, and has taught me how to be black.

Huo v Labine

Labine is from out in the sticks, so that's automatically a point. On the other hand, though, I'm not sure where I got this conception, but I always figured Huo did some hardcore training and martial arts. Probably because he's a Sikh.

Edge: Huojin

Snacks v Goofy

Like everyone says, Snacks is a fairly large guy, and probably hard to put down in a fight. Plus, he's got a pretty hot temper, and I can see him putting out some damage if cornered. Goofy, though, I always picture like Maddox. If I remember right, he's a delivery truck driver, and that seems a pretty hard-ass type job.

Between that, age, and height advantage, I think I'll have to call edge: Goofy

Bg v Scorpion

Actually seeing a pic of Scorp, he's a lot more imposing than I initially thought, and does have a considerable height advantage. On the other hand, Bg's rolled with some gangs and stuff. I really don't see any of Scorp's physical advantages being able to even it up, though. Bg would be a beast in a fight, no lie. Edge: BgKnight

Seren v Coin

They're both scholarly types, and seem like really respectable gentlemen. I would say it's a toss-up, but, like Ges says, I would expect a couple drunken brawls under Coin's belt. Plus, he uses his actual name as his SN on the internet, and that takes some brass balls. I'll have to give the edge to Coinneach

Smyg v Gesar

That's a hard one. On the one hand, we've heard that Smyg is a little scrawny, and Gesar does have a history of physical labor. But, Smyg's also a mountaineer and a woodsman, and, as you know, is a seasoned rioter. I'd say edge: Smyg

Orago v TRC

Well, Orago's been in a few fights, and has run-ins with the law. And while TRC does seem like he'd be a handy guy to back you up if you need it, I can see Orago catching him completely off-guard with some underhanded shit. Jussayin'

Edge: Orago
Heartache by the Numbers: Caravan Master

If you say that prancing mailman of a GM is ever going to run the gangster game WELL THEN I SAY GOOD DAY SIR -oyid

I write things!
I post things!

Gesar
Social Justice Stasi
Social Justice Stasi

Post by Gesar » 05:13:27 Wednesday, 31 July, 2013

Unnecessary rule adjustment:
5. No changing votes if you have a yes/no, makes it harder to keep track of and gives too much emphasis to the power of persuasion. Abstaining or calling it a tie and changing it afterwards is cool though, just post it afterwards instead of an edit.
6. For all intents and purposes, the fights are in happening in the weird fenced off, treeless/featureless area of my backyard. Go figure*

*If I write up the fights, they'll probably have some cutesy in-joke location.

Return to “Off Topic”