Ideas Dump

Suggest ideas for new games.
OYID
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Re: Ideas Dump

Post by OYID » 18:29:55 Monday, 16 March, 2015

Well, the first version of this game up in my head would have given players the option of making up their own role or personality aspect they'd like to play, but I like the Temperaments because it's a well known, established and I think balanced model. I guess an alternative could be to have two players per bodily fluid if there's enough interest, unless someone has a better idea.
1968 Aliens!: US of A.

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Huojin » 20:43:41 Monday, 16 March, 2015

I think the Four Temperaments would work fine? I mean there's apparently a construction with five temperaments too, but I don't think it matters too greatly.

OYID
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post by OYID » 14:42:15 Tuesday, 17 March, 2015

Alrighty then. Counting you and Snacks that makes two interested players. I need at least two more to play and could handle three or even eight, though I doubt we'll get that many. If I get two more I'll get to writing in earnest so we can begin.
1968 Aliens!: US of A.

Gesar
Social Justice Stasi
Social Justice Stasi

Post by Gesar » 15:27:51 Tuesday, 17 March, 2015

This is absolutely fucking ridiculous. I'm in.
BrazilSim: Lampião, King of Cangaco, in Ain't Nothin' But a Gangster Party
Seren's WWII Adventure: Manuel Azaña Díaz, President of the Second Spanish Republic, in ¡No pasarán!
Smyg wrote:The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of Gesar coping with being a total fucking a-grade revolutionary thinker

Serenissima
England Expects Every Man Will Do His Duty

Post by Serenissima » 18:59:52 Monday, 20 April, 2015

"Imagine lies, and then write them down in order. That is literally all authors do!"

Serenissima's WW2 BoP: The GM (obviously)
Metal Gear BoP: Japan
Brazil: Luís Carlos Prestes, the Knight of Hope

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Huojin » 15:52:08 Wednesday, 13 May, 2015

So I had a random idea. Essentially, people make up characters (might be fun if they're loosely based on you as people) and you all cooperate together to launch a coup against some random third world shithole, mercenary-style. Then you can all try to run the country while stabbing each other in the back or something.

RinKou
Jackbooted Swinelicker Fascist

Post by RinKou » 01:01:21 Thursday, 14 May, 2015

Will we have to tell you how much we bench like in Scorp's game.
Heartache by the Numbers: Caravan Master

If you say that prancing mailman of a GM is ever going to run the gangster game WELL THEN I SAY GOOD DAY SIR -oyid

I write things!
I post things!

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Huojin » 01:29:22 Thursday, 14 May, 2015

They'll be "idealised" versions of yourself, kinda thing. So for example, you might be, I dunno, a 49-year-old former member of the 442nd Infantry Battalion who became a journalist/copy-writer/advertising exec and then fell into something that led him to overthrowing a small African nation.

Cthulhuvong
Chaos God of Nation Simming

Post by Cthulhuvong » 15:26:16 Friday, 22 May, 2015

Huojin wrote:So I had a random idea. Essentially, people make up characters (might be fun if they're loosely based on you as people) and you all cooperate together to launch a coup against some random third world shithole, mercenary-style. Then you can all try to run the country while stabbing each other in the back or something.
http://warontherocks.com/2015/05/how-to ... nglepage=1
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

"Sir, It is a well-known fact that young people are generally leftwing. It is also well-known that as people get older, they become more rightwing.
It is also a fact that, as people get older, their brain cells die at a faster and faster rate. I would therefore like to propose that conservatism be classified as a degenerative disease."
~letter to the Guardian, 1971

"I mean, being a freedom fighter, a…a force for good, it's…it's a wonderful thing. You get to make your own hours, looks good on a resume, but the pay…SUCKS."
~Alfred Bester, Babylon 5

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Huojin » 15:16:02 Friday, 05 June, 2015

Inspired by the catastrophic implosion of the fever-dream Red Planet game, I have a new idea with significantly less ability for shit to get fucked (at least, quite so quickly), but in the same vein.

Coming to you from NOT the Red Planet-verse...

Colony ship to another planet! Players are members of the crew, with some couple of thousand NPC colonists in cryosleep. They didn't necessarily start off that way, but Christ some of those fuckers were mouthy. Earth's probably gone, so what's next?

Iss'fayn
Space erotica enthusiast

Post by Iss'fayn » 16:00:55 Saturday, 06 June, 2015

Huojin - So Alpha Centauri
Conceptually immaculate, operationally filthy.

RinKou
Jackbooted Swinelicker Fascist

Post by RinKou » 20:07:25 Sunday, 07 June, 2015

Huojin wrote:Inspired by the catastrophic implosion of the fever-dream Red Planet game, I have a new idea with significantly less ability for shit to get fucked (at least, quite so quickly), but in the same vein.

Colony ship to another planet! Players are members of the crew, with some couple of thousand NPC colonists in cryosleep. They didn't necessarily start off that way, but Christ some of those fuckers were mouthy. Earth's probably gone, so what's next?
Can I be Captain Sonny?
Heartache by the Numbers: Caravan Master

If you say that prancing mailman of a GM is ever going to run the gangster game WELL THEN I SAY GOOD DAY SIR -oyid

I write things!
I post things!

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Huojin » 21:06:26 Sunday, 07 June, 2015

RinKou wrote:
Huojin wrote:Inspired by the catastrophic implosion of the fever-dream Red Planet game, I have a new idea with significantly less ability for shit to get fucked (at least, quite so quickly), but in the same vein.

Can I be Captain Sonny?
Seems everyone still wants to play in the "Red Galaxy", so this won't be a thing. Not to mention that no one likes this idea.

Smyg
GETTIN' REAL TIRED OF YOUR MACHIAVELLIAN BULLSHIT, GESAR

Post by Smyg » 21:30:11 Sunday, 07 June, 2015

fuck you huojin Alpha Centauri is the best shit ever
Comrade Astrojildo Pereira Duarte Silva
Secretary-General of the Partido Comunista do Brasil
(PCB)

Langben
What time is it?

Post by Langben » 23:53:23 Sunday, 07 June, 2015

Huojin wrote:
RinKou wrote: Can I be Captain Sonny?
Seems everyone still wants to play in the "Red Galaxy", so this won't be a thing. Not to mention that no one likes this idea.
I'm contractually obligated to facilitate as many replacement games as possible.

Return to “Game Ideas”