The Ironfall Disappearances

Suggest ideas for new games.
Maddox
"Marche ou Crève"

The Ironfall Disappearances

Postby Maddox » 05:31:30 Tuesday, 14 February, 2017

So I've decided to put together a new campaign for Dark Heresy group I used to run, and I want to get back into the swing of things by running a small play-by-post campaign on here. For those of you who may not know, Dark Heresy is basically D&D but set in the Warhammer 40k universe were you play acolytes of an Imperial Inquisitor. I'm looking for about four players, and you'll need to fill out a character sheet (I have a digital character sheet that I plan to put on a dropbox account, and I also want to put up digital versions of the corebook and whatever expansions I can find). I plan on running this at a slow burn, which I think since most of us are busy anyway will work out fine.

It's a veteran campaign, so players start with 2,500 experience. All the backgrounds from the corebook and expansions are fair game, and you can equip your character as you like, although final builds will be subject to my approval. I'll go into more detail about character creation if I get enough interested players.

Sun Thu Mai, famed throughout the Calixis Sector as the "Dragon of Markayn", is the newest member of the Ordo Hereticus Conclave there. He has traveled to the neighboring Ixaniad Sector to assemble a cell of acolytes and begin his first case as a full Inquisitor. Naumov's Rest is a frontier world, on the boundaries of the massive warp storm known to locals as The Thundering. Menaced by the intermittent raids of Acheron and his band of Thousand Sons warriors, it is for the moment at peace. However, a series of high-profile disappearances in the planet's capital, Ironfall, culminating with the young son of the planetary governor, have set rumors swirling. Many now claim that the vanishings are the work of The Court of The Distant Prince, a chaos cult dedicated to Acheron, and that they seek to engineer his return to the material plane. Others believe it to be the work of genestealers, or Dark Eldar slavers. All that is known for certain is that the Ordos has determined the crimes are significant enough to send a representative (albeit a fledgling one) to investigate.

If you're interested, post here with a character name, class, and an idea as to how you would have met Inquisitor Thu Mai or been recommended to him as an acolyte. Keep in mind he's a psyker class and try to keep the cell balanced. Also, watch this space for updates because I'm working on a homebrew sector and that may be helpful for developing your character ideas.
Casimir Georges Vachon, Légion de Laffite - Louisiana
Prince Gustave Tremayne, Duke of Lathair, Margrave in the West, Count of Wynriver, Blood Royal
Ralf Persson, Axe Murderer - Dark Waters

Prime Minister Indira Priyadarshini Gandhi, Republic of India - 1968

<Rinkou> Like, the only thing I listen to is the vibrations of the earth and Joe Rogan podcasts, man

Tellos
Revisionist
Revisionist

Re: The Ironfall Disappearances

Postby Tellos » 09:49:50 Tuesday, 14 February, 2017

name: Catherine Soja
Class/Concept: Adeptas Sororitas
How they met: Possibly on a prior Mission aiding on order from the Ordo hereticus.

Note trying to get the career path for the Blood of mytars version not the one in the handbook.
United States of America - BOP 1830

United States of America - BOP 1935

Russian Federation - BOP Metal Gear

Gesar
Social Justice Stasi
Social Justice Stasi

Postby Gesar » 12:06:24 Tuesday, 14 February, 2017

yo you already know I'm in. placeholding this.
Saenwyn: A Song of Ashes: Storyteller

Louisiana 1792: Fils de la Révolution: Monsieur le Commissaire de l'Intérieur Thomas Francois Jérôme Cossard, Mayor of Saint-Louis and editor of L'Ami de la République
Liberty in Dark Waters: Leopold Karl von Stenhielm, Baron af Rödesund, Knight and Commander of the Orders of His Majesty the King, convicted traitor
Balance of Power 1968: Mwalimu Julius Nyerere, President and Baba wa Taifa of the United Republic of Tanzania

Smyg wrote:The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of Gesar coping with being a total fucking a-grade revolutionary thinker

Spoiler:
#DraftGesar

Serenissima
(Not) Molotov's Favourite Psychic Schoolgirl

Postby Serenissima » 20:29:46 Tuesday, 14 February, 2017

Have you considered Dark Heresy 2 rather than Dark Heresy 1? Not a criticism, just curious.
"Imagine lies, and then write them down in order. That is literally all authors do!"

Louisiana: Antoine d'Ailly, captain of Sorcière, commodore of the Marine de l'Assemblée
Metal Gear BoP: Japan
Saenwyn: Jace Kern, Duke of Tailledun
1968: French Fifth Republic

Snacks
rhetorical masturbation

Postby Snacks » 02:05:38 Wednesday, 15 February, 2017

Name: Dominique 'Dom' Lavoie
Class: Guardsman
Meeting/Reccomendation: From a guard company seconded to Inquisitorial service following an incident in which they helped forcefully relieve a number of regimental officers of duty (Despite scrutiny of the officer's actions preventing charges of mutiny, the regiment's new commanders were eager to be rid of men and women "too honest" for the chain of command.) Recommended to service in Thu Mai's cell based on his skill in vehicle operations and familiarity with military procedure, as well as his reputation among his unit as a stalwart and level-headed sergeant.

Maddox
"Marche ou Crève"

Postby Maddox » 19:39:05 Wednesday, 15 February, 2017

Serenissima wrote:Have you considered Dark Heresy 2 rather than Dark Heresy 1? Not a criticism, just curious.

I don't have a copy of the 2e rulebook, I'd consider it if players think it would be an improvement and had a pdf I could look at
Prince Gustave Tremayne, Duke of Lathair, Margrave in the West, Count of Wynriver, Blood Royal

<Rinkou> Like, the only thing I listen to is the vibrations of the earth and Joe Rogan podcasts, man

Gesar
Social Justice Stasi
Social Justice Stasi

Postby Gesar » 20:11:01 Wednesday, 15 February, 2017

2E isn't all that great IMO (sort of a trade off on more streamlined rules but less cool shit), but it might be worth a look.

Anyways uh. Presuming this is a different DH thing than what we've been talking about.

Name: Sybele Theron
Class: Assassin
Meeting/Reccomendation: Noble-born and believed to have once been a recruit of the Officio Assassinorum, Acolyte Sybele was "recruited" by a Radical Inquisitor after she went rogue and pursued the Chaos cultist who corrupted her husband. Unfortunately, said Inquisitor justified the ascension into their ranks by one "tainted" by a Tzeentch cult with a nigh-total mindwipe, and his own personal descent into darkness and heresy ensured that she held no chance of redeveloping a personality beyond killing for the Imperium: at least until Sun Thu Mai rooted out a circle of Radicals plaguing the Sector and decided that Sybele, despite the experimentation performed upon her, was not without purpose purpose to the Ordo.

Louisiana 1792: Fils de la Révolution: Monsieur le Commissaire de l'Intérieur Thomas Francois Jérôme Cossard, Mayor of Saint-Louis and editor of L'Ami de la République
Liberty in Dark Waters: Leopold Karl von Stenhielm, Baron af Rödesund, Knight and Commander of the Orders of His Majesty the King, convicted traitor
Balance of Power 1968: Mwalimu Julius Nyerere, President and Baba wa Taifa of the United Republic of Tanzania

Smyg wrote:The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of Gesar coping with being a total fucking a-grade revolutionary thinker

Spoiler:
#DraftGesar

Serenissima

Postby Serenissima » 02:26:48 Thursday, 16 February, 2017

I find 2nd an improvement personally, as it borrowed a lot of the improved and fixed rules from the later FFG 40k games. I have all the rulebooks available to show.
"Imagine lies, and then write them down in order. That is literally all authors do!"

Louisiana: Antoine d'Ailly, captain of Sorcière, commodore of the Marine de l'Assemblée

Gesar
Social Justice Stasi
Social Justice Stasi

Postby Gesar » 04:09:52 Thursday, 16 February, 2017

Yeah uh, it's definitely Dox's call, but worth noting that I haven't actually tried it so much as poured over the core book and walked away feeling pretty underwhelmed. I'm up for it if other people are though.

Spoiler:
#DraftGesar

Serenissima

Postby Serenissima » 05:50:06 Thursday, 16 February, 2017

I don't really mind one way or the other - just offering the books if needed for consideration.

Tellos
Revisionist
Revisionist

Postby Tellos » 07:39:02 Thursday, 16 February, 2017

Probably want help myself building my PC. I never get a shot to play this much.
United States of America - BOP 1830

United States of America - BOP 1935

Russian Federation - BOP Metal Gear

Maddox
"Marche ou Crève"

Postby Maddox » 09:24:48 Saturday, 18 February, 2017

After roughly one thousand hours in Paint, I have completed a sector map and key. Hopefully it's legible.

I might add some worlds and tweak existing ones, but for now feel free to ask for more detail about any of these places.

Return to “Game Ideas”