Fallout: The Texan Confederacy

Suggest ideas for new games.
Master of Oblivion
Administrator
Administrator

Fallout: The Texan Confederacy

Post by Master of Oblivion » 08:19:28 Thursday, 16 February, 2017

Yo peeps!

After talking with people and hearing feedback, I decided to move onto something slightly different than doing the Mojave wasteland. Instead I am doing a game set in Texas. Texas has not been covered in official games, leaving it open for us to create. The exact specifics will be determined by you, but let me layout the world in broadstrokes.
The year is 2277, two hundred years after the start of the Great War. The Lone Star state's environment has continued to recover from the desperation of the war. As the oil fields of Texas had dried out during the 21st century, Texas was no longer a strategic area and thus did not suffer the destruction that more important cities like San Francisco and Washington DC did.

As Texans emerged from their vaults over time, they began to reestablish settlements either within or around old world cities. Through negotiations and treaties, these cities began to band together, eventually forming the Texan Confederacy. However even though these cities are formally in a league, they are not unified in outlook, as Texans have a fiercely independent streak. Even within these cities, there remains divided factions, each seeking survival or dominance in the harsh environment.

The emergence of the Confederacy was prompted by waves of raiders and tribes that have been coming in from the North and West. Something is changing in the world, and the cities decided to band together to avoid destruction at the hands of the raiders. Whispers also persist about strange things happening to the South, across the Rio Grande and to the East in the Former state of Louisiana. Finally a new set of Vaults has just emerged. What does all of this mean for the state of Texas?
So what do I need from you guys? Prospective players should send me a PM with the ideas for two different factions. These factions can be anything from one of the cities in the League, to a Gang operating in the League, to a vault. I kept where exactly this was in Texas vague so players can have freedom to design things. Alongside ideas for things from Texas, you can also draw upon surrounding states and countries for ideas. Factions inspired by Mexico, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and New Mexico are certainly interesting.

You can use this thread to discuss ideas with other players. The more nuanced and interactive, the better.
Louisiana: Edmond Lavaeu
Gesar's Game: Hoping We don't leave the magic fantasy land
1990: Israel
Metal Gear: Iran
Aliens!: USSR
New Vegas: Salvador

You either die Fo'Dolo or see yourself live long enough to be the Patton.

Serenissima
England Expects Every Man Will Do His Duty

Re: Fallout: The Texan Confederacy

Post by Serenissima » 15:48:15 Thursday, 16 February, 2017

While the Texas Rangers would be cool to play - like the Minutemen or Regulators type, I bet -everyone- wants to do them. But if I'm first, dibs on that. Lot of potential for interaction with others, that way, doing vigilantism and trying to deal with the raiders. And riding mutant horses with extra legs!

I also have ideas for a cargo cult in Dallas...
"Imagine lies, and then write them down in order. That is literally all authors do!"

Metal Gear BoP: Japan
Saenwyn: Jace Kern, Duke of Tailledun
1800: Britain
1968A: Filthy Neutral Switzerland

DutchGuy
Leftose Intolerant

Post by DutchGuy » 16:11:46 Thursday, 16 February, 2017

A non nuked San Antonio taken over by Enclave remnants in 2242. Rebuilding and establishing power. More details will be given later.
The Republic of Turkey in scorpion's Metal Gear BoP 2006
The Imperial State of Iran in MasterofOblivion's BoP 1968

OYID
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post by OYID » 16:28:26 Thursday, 16 February, 2017

I've already PM'ed my ideas. Suffice it to say they're a bit more Texas-specific, as opposed to based off Fallout lore, without being very, shall we say, gringo...
1968 Aliens!: US of A.

Master of Oblivion
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Master of Oblivion » 10:44:16 Friday, 17 February, 2017

Just a heads up! The city I hope to have in the Confederacy, Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, haven't been claimed yet. For inspiration, think of the Wild West but also of Italian city states. Have fun coming up with whacky or unique ideas.

Master of Oblivion
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Master of Oblivion » 07:43:58 Saturday, 18 February, 2017

San Antonio and Houston have main factions now! New Dallas and New Austin are still in need. Remember you can also create sub factions like the Kings.

Serenissima
England Expects Every Man Will Do His Duty

Post by Serenissima » 14:11:12 Saturday, 18 February, 2017

I did have an idea for Dallas, as noted, which could work, but I haven't heard back from you yet either way.
"Imagine lies, and then write them down in order. That is literally all authors do!"

Metal Gear BoP: Japan
Saenwyn: Jace Kern, Duke of Tailledun
1800: Britain
1968A: Filthy Neutral Switzerland

Master of Oblivion
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Master of Oblivion » 10:04:50 Thursday, 23 February, 2017

Sorry for the delays, my internet was down for a few days and I have been busy working. I will be back to working on this.

Return to “Game Ideas”