Favorite Time Periods?

Suggest ideas for new games.
Delta Force
Proletarian
Proletarian

Favorite Time Periods?

Post by Delta Force » 03:44:57 Tuesday, 11 April, 2017

What's everyone's favorite time periods for historical and alternate history settings?

Master of Oblivion
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Favorite Time Periods?

Post by Master of Oblivion » 04:01:34 Tuesday, 11 April, 2017

I really don't have a favorite. I enjoy whatever I have been reading about or exploring.
GM of 1898
Louisiana: Edmond Lavaeu
1968: USSR

You either die Fo'Dolo or see yourself live long enough to be the Patton.

Tellos
Revisionist
Revisionist

Post by Tellos » 08:19:08 Tuesday, 11 April, 2017

Being more scifi minded I find history fun and all but always look to something different or new.
United States of America - BOP 1830

United States of America - BOP 1935

Russian Federation - BOP Metal Gear

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Huojin » 14:14:53 Tuesday, 11 April, 2017

Do you have a game idea or suggestion in mind? If not, I'll be moving this to Off-Topic. It's a good discussion, but "Game Ideas" isn't quiiiiite the right place for it.

And I'm a big fan of the Cold War for historical settings. Alternate history is trickier, it depends entirely on the POD. My favourite setting we've ever done is rooted in Philip K Dick's novel The Man in the High Castle, but with some significant changes we've made over the course of... the best part of a decade now.

Delta Force
Proletarian
Proletarian

Post by Delta Force » 12:16:11 Wednesday, 12 April, 2017

Huojin wrote:Do you have a game idea or suggestion in mind? If not, I'll be moving this to Off-Topic. It's a good discussion, but "Game Ideas" isn't quiiiiite the right place for it.

And I'm a big fan of the Cold War for historical settings. Alternate history is trickier, it depends entirely on the POD. My favourite setting we've ever done is rooted in Philip K Dick's novel The Man in the High Castle, but with some significant changes we've made over the course of... the best part of a decade now.
I don't have anything too specific right now, but I am considering a few ideas.

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Huojin » 13:57:30 Wednesday, 12 April, 2017

Delta Force wrote:
Huojin wrote:Do you have a game idea or suggestion in mind? If not, I'll be moving this to Off-Topic. It's a good discussion, but "Game Ideas" isn't quiiiiite the right place for it.

I don't have anything too specific right now, but I am considering a few ideas.
If you feel like discussing any of them or bouncing ideas off the community, you should totally post them! Either here in this thread or in a stickied thread we have called Ideas Dump. Both good options for considering your ideas without having any specifics down yet.

Delta Force
Proletarian
Proletarian

Post by Delta Force » 22:37:08 Friday, 14 April, 2017

Huojin wrote:If you feel like discussing any of them or bouncing ideas off the community, you should totally post them! Either here in this thread or in a stickied thread we have called Ideas Dump. Both good options for considering your ideas without having any specifics down yet.
I'll make some separate threads for them since they are different ideas.

Return to “Game Ideas”