Covert Action

Suggest ideas for new games.
RinKou
Jackbooted Swinelicker Fascist

Re: Covert Action

Post by RinKou » 21:53:57 Monday, 24 December, 2012

6/6

I'm leaving sign-ups open through Christmas in case some more people want to sign up. Otherwise, expect briefing PMs on the 26th :>
Heartache by the Numbers: Caravan Master

If you say that prancing mailman of a GM is ever going to run the gangster game WELL THEN I SAY GOOD DAY SIR -oyid

I write things!
I post things!

RinKou

Post by RinKou » 01:26:35 Thursday, 27 December, 2012

Briefings sent out! Try to get them back as soon as possible, and we'll run once everybody decides on their special ability on a delayed schedule, or starting the 2nd on a standard CA schedule.

As a side-note, defections gain you extra clues throughout the game, whereas bribes only give you a one-off. A particularly successful bribe will cause an asset to defect, or any success if the asset was RNG'd to have a low loyalty score in the beginning, so watch those types of specials carefully :>

Any questions, concerns, please reply by PM.

If you say that prancing mailman of a GM is ever going to run the gangster game WELL THEN I SAY GOOD DAY SIR -oyid

I write things!
I post things!

Flamelord
Molotov's official Badass Union (Local 117) representative

Post by Flamelord » 17:40:38 Thursday, 27 December, 2012

For those taking part, a little mood music.

RinKou

Post by RinKou » 07:13:07 Thursday, 03 January, 2013

COVERT ACTION: MOONBEAM!

Day 0:

President of the UN: "Listen up, agents, we have just seven days before the launch of the Moonbeam killer satellite. This mission's going to be a little rough, and this briefing will only cover the basics - your respective agencies will handle the details. Since we've put together an international team, though, I've had an interpreter set up to make sure this briefing gets through to you crystal clear. Hit the [+] button on your wrist computers to see the translation. We've also made sure that each of your briefing screens is completely blacked out, so that your identities are concealed - for your own safety, of course.
TranslationShow
In-character briefing goes outside the spoilers. OOC extra rules go inside!
First off - the official mission is to destroy the Project Moonbeam satellite laser, whether this necessitates the destruction of the entire satellite or not. As far as the UN can tell, there are no plans, no prototypes, and no back-ups of this satellite, and the destruction of its laser will ensure peace on this Earth for the forseeable future.

The launch site is heavily guarded, though, and won't be open to public viewing until the day of the launch, though, so take these days in-between to do some recon work.
TranslationShow
Each agency has a different goal. If you complete your primary mission objective, feel free to fuck around with other agencies' assets or try to hold them back, or high-tail it to a Santa Barbara beach resort and wait for the end-game. On the 7th day, all surviving agents will automatically travel to Santa Barbara for the climactic final battle, whose outcome is based on your performances throughout the game.
Secondly - this is an international effort! Contact other agents if you can. In addition to you six, your agencies have already fielded agents around the world to help stop this launch. If you want to get in touch with a foreign agent to exchange information, arrange a meeting with your travel arrangements to make sure there's no miscommunication as to the drop-point.

Your home offices are also able to be of help. Put them to use when you can! With the backing of an agency office behind you, your actions in that city are much more likely to be successful. You could even try to ask foreign agencies to help out if you needed it. After all, this is for the good of all mankind.
TranslationShow
There are several different types of assets in the field. Junior agents will be harder to put down and more capable of resisting bribes or coercion, while informants will drop like mayflies when confronted with your superior training. When traveling to a city with friendly agents, you will gain extra clues. Assets will also generate mini-clues, pointing to other assets in other cities as turns go on. You can also request clues of a specific kind (relating to blueprints, relating to an specific agency's assets, relating to a specific city/region). Put this in your turn orders when you travel to a city with a friendly asset, or in the body of your bribe/coerce action.

If you want to bribe, coerce, or kill a foreign agent, make sure you have it listed as either your second action if you're planning to travel to them, or as one of your actions if you're already in the same city. When arriving in a city, there is a chance you will discover one of the local embedded foreign agents.

Some cities will also have agency offices. When performing actions in a city with a friendly office, your rolls are greatly increased. You can bribe foreign offices to grant you the same bonus, but they will obviously be more receptive to allies.
Lastly - remember, all cities have certain gold mines of data that aren't listed in your wrist computers. You can always check airline manifests to track down agents of CHAOS, find local guides who know the area, or piece together clues to find hidden safehouses.
TranslationShow
All cities also have the "Airport" and "Fixer (Independent)" asset unlisted.

You can use the "Wiretap/Hack" etc action on airports to try and get logs of PC and NPC movement in and out of cities. Certain large airports will also be used as gateways to regions, and will have information on certain destinations as well.

You can use a Bribe/Coerce action on fixers as if they were foreign agents to gain info. If a bribe action is particularly successful, you can gain a new Informant asset in that city.

Safehouses work a little differently this time around. Every city has a safehouse for every agency. When landing in a city, you leave a trail to your safehouse that might be uncovered by local foreign assets. Safehouses can then be entered and ransacked for clues as usual.
That's all, boys. Now get out there and save the world."

-

News:
-The world sits in anticipation as Project Moonbeam enters the final stages of pre-launch preparation.
-Dr. Randolph Koller, head engineer on Project Moonbeam, is reported missing, presumed dead, after his boat is caught in a storm during a fishing trip in the Carribean.
(I meant to post this at midnight, but my internet died and wouldn't let me on, and I was out all today, so here it is totes late. Turn due 11:59 Thursday night.)

I write things!
I post things!

RinKou

Post by RinKou » 09:11:09 Friday, 04 January, 2013

Day 1:

News:
-An attempt by Santa Barbaran police to search Dr. Koller's residence for more information surrounding his disappearance is surprised to find the apartment ransacked. Finding no clues, the chief of police promptly calls off the investigation, issuing a statement that the police should be more concerned with solving real crimes than going through a dead man's belongings.

-Sources report an increase in the number of armed security on a campus owned by Consolidated Hydraulics And Oscillating Switches, Inc. in Caracas. Locals claim to have seen a dark, mysterious form gliding above the rooftops around near the area recently, though such claims are unfounded and have been widely dismissed.
Turns due at 11:59 Friday night.

I write things!
I post things!

RinKou

Post by RinKou » 22:07:32 Friday, 04 January, 2013

Day 2:

News:
-A fight broke out at an upscale Miami nightclub, leaving three people, including the club's owner dead. Witnesses claim a single assailant broke in through the back, and violently interrogated the club's owner before throwing him to his death. Police suspect the murders may be linked to international organized crime. The club's owner, Russian citizen Andriy Yushckenko, more commonly known by the pseudonym "Aleksey" had been previously tried and acquitted of the murder of an American tourist in Rome nine months ago.

-For about an hour, all radio and television broadcasts in Hong Kong were disrupted due to a massive increase in locally emitted radio waves emanating from a Consolidated Hydraulics facility. Authorities and CHAOS technicians were quickly able to clear the air and resume regular broadcasting. CHAOS CEO Victor Cain was quick to apologize for the communication disruptions, which some sources are linking to the final phases of the Moonbeam launch.
Man, I got those turns in fast :V If you guys can get them in by 11:59 tonight, I can have another turn up soonafter. Deadline's still gonna be 11:59 Saturday night, though, so no rush if you don't wanna.

I write things!
I post things!

RinKou

Post by RinKou » 09:24:38 Sunday, 06 January, 2013

Day 3:

News:
-Residents of Caracas are in disbelief after an explosion tore through a CHAOS facility and sent shockwaves through the city. Officials are blaming the explosion on a gas leak, and police and military have cordoned the area off while clean-up is underway. Victor Cain is quoted as saying that this is a sad day for the families of the dozens of facility employees who are still unaccounted for.

-A gunfight broke out at a restaurant in Paris after three armed men got into a heated argument, witnesses say. All three had disappeared by the time police arrived on scene. Despite evidence that at least one of the men had been wounded, fortunately, no bystanders were injured.
Turns due Sunday at 11:59.

I write things!
I post things!

RinKou

Post by RinKou » 08:00:27 Monday, 07 January, 2013

Day 4:

News:
-Video evidence from Berlin corroborates the shocking rumors among the residents - a single old lady has both a cat and a dog, who get along. Dr. Ada Vogel, local expert on feline/canine cohabitation is quoted as saying, "It's unbelievable. There has only been evidence of such an occurance maybe, once, twice in this century alone. This is the first recorded incident of a cat and dog enjoying each others' company in the post-war era."
Slow news day. Turn due Tuesday at 11:59 - extra day! I know that's not an exclamation point thing, but an old friend of mine is in town, and I'm also hanging out with my girlfriend through til Tuesday night. So I'm probs not gonna be able to sit down and get all your turns done.

I write things!
I post things!

RinKou

Post by RinKou » 20:54:53 Tuesday, 08 January, 2013

(Hey, guys, I know I said turn out tonight, and I got everything in, but I gotta go in like, two hours, and running these turns generally takes up a bit longer than that. I'm gonna like have to be that asshole and postpone a turn until Wednesday night, since I don't get home tonight til late probs and I need to be up like, hella early tomorrow :<)

I write things!
I post things!

RinKou

Post by RinKou » 08:28:20 Thursday, 10 January, 2013

Day 5:

News:
Residents of Santo Domingo were jostled awake last night in an apparent earthquake. Seismology reports show significant activity in the immediate area, but no actual tectonic plate movement. Geologists are puzzled. This is the fourth such incident within the last year.
You guys should know the drill by now.

Thursday night, at 11:59 PST.

I write things!
I post things!

RinKou

Post by RinKou » 01:23:00 Friday, 18 January, 2013

Day 6:

News:
A police special tactics team was called in during a disturbance at Hong Kong's Kai Tak Airport. After a brief confrontation, they arrested three foreigners - a Russian, an East German, and a Chinese. No official report has been made as to the nature of the stand-off, nor the identity of the suspects.
(Read your PMs before the next post.)

I write things!
I post things!

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Huojin » 16:52:42 Monday, 18 February, 2013

*cough*

But yeah, I know you're busy Rin, and having computer difficulties. Just thought I'd remind you :3

RinKou

Post by RinKou » 04:52:26 Tuesday, 19 March, 2013

I'm kind of glad I waited this long to do this. Not like, this this long, but the fact that I didn't go with the original version (that got lost in a crash) allowed this...thing to happen instead. Holy fuck, how did it get so long.

Everybody who played, congratulations. Post your PMs as soon as possible. If you guys want epilogues for your characters, hit me up and I'll see if I can't throw something together :P
Moonbeam Conclusion Part 1Show
23:00, Somewhere Over the Pacific Ocean - 13 hours to Moonbeam launch

There's a lot of noise going on when a bunch of secret agents are being tortured for information. No matter how many different ways they can all say, "Fuck you, I ain't saying shit," Mr. Electrode only replies with *fizz, pop!*, which, in his native tongue, means "I don't care what you tell me, I'm going to electrocute you anyway."

The first agent, considerably battered from his last assignment, was Agent OYID of Stasi - assigned to find and destroy all Project Moonbeam blueprints to prevent the reconstruction of another killer satellite, and facilitate the KGB's destruction of the device. On this first charge, he was moderately successful - but that was mostly due to luck. On the second charge, well, given that he was strapped to a chair with electrodes on his nuts, he wasn't doing too well on that right now.

The second agent, while fairly battered as well, managed to keep her head up. All the blood and the bruises couldn't do a damn thing to ruin her. Beauty, they say, is invincible to blunt force trauma. I'm not sure who said that, but Agent Smyg of the KGB had bigger problems in than the mission she was charged with - and facial injuries or not, she was going to complete them.

The last agent was meditating. Or, trying to, between the surges of electricity. This was agent Tsaeb of the MSS, and he hadn't said a damn thing since getting on the plane. I mean, he did, but it was in that assholelish Chinese proverb way of speaking that made it sound like he was reading fortune cookies.

This was the team sent to save the world. And they were all tied up and muttering curses between the electric shocks and kidney punches and really, really loud yelling. The actual last agent in this picture, the one who wasn't currently tied up, was the one administering said shocks and punches and just...really mean insults. This was Huojin, agent of CHAOS. A man who was built like those people who say "built like a brick shithouse", because the only people I've ever seen use that term were built like two brick shithouses.

The plane was heading to Santa Barbara, and they would all be watching the Moonbeam satellite launch - and not one of them would react in quite the same way if they were told that everything they did up to now meant pretty much jack shit in the face of what was coming next.

06:00, CHAOS Launch Site - Santa Barbara - 6 hours to Moonbeam launch

Agent zenburg of the BND was having a bad day. After successfully completing his mission, he decided, in the most German thought-process possible, to accomplish his mission even harder, and more efficiently than he already did. Simply stopping the launch wasn't enough - no, he would single-handedly dismantle the CHAOS Directive itself.

So he arrived in Santa Barbara a little early, hoping to hunt down and take out the CHAOS assets on the island - starting with the local head agent codename Yulia. He found her, alright, found her in the middle of the countless tourist bars. This was the part where his day went badly.

For the last twelve hours, Agent zenburg was being treated like the filthy cur he was, forced to lick boots and get whipped and whimper in handcuffs in really uncomfortable positions. That wasn't really the bad part. Agent zenburg actually was pretty alright with that. The bad part was that the rest of the team of secret agents sent to save the world were now in the same dungeon as him, and according to them, there were electrodes involved on the flight over.

As the four agents sat huddled around, swapping stories about how they ended up here, each of them noticed - though it's hard to say which one of them noticed first - that there should have been exactly one more agent among them.

Where in the world was Coinneach? San Diego?

06:30, CHAOS Launch Site - Santa Barbara - 5.5 hours to Moonbeam launch

Agent Coinneach, MI6, as it would happen, was there with them, only, like...I dunno, five stories above ground. And with him, Dr. Randolph Koller, the former CHAOS head engineer who designed the whole Moonbeam program. Between the two of them, they had one Walther PPK, an outdated set of Soviet night-vision goggles, and two freshly laundered turtlenecks.

Normally, this would be bad - turns out, though, the agents of CHAOS are really bad at keeping their personnel database updated. Man, getting into the base was kinda anti-climactic.

07:00, 5 hours to Moonbeam launch

"Alright," Agent Coinneach said into his headpiece. Which was pretty unnecessary, considering Koller was right next to him. "We're in."

"I know," Koller said. "I got us in."

"Current heading... 0 degrees north, right on the dot. Hey, did you get a look at the file on that agent Yulia chick? Daaaaaayumn."

"Who are you talking to?"

"I'm keeping a log," Agent Coinneach said. "In case I ever need to relive my glory. Or if say, my grandkids don't believe I was a super-spy."

"Isn't your constant talking going to give away our position?"

"Isn't your constant bitching going to get you shot? Because last I checked, I'm the only one here with a gun."

"We're surrounded by armed guards," Koller said.

"I know that," Agent Coinneach replied. "I meant, out of the two of us."

"No, I mean, we're surrounded by armed guards," Koller said. They were.

"Freeze," the armed guards said.

Turns out wearing out-dated Soviet night-vision goggles at day-break wasn't a great idea.

Dang.
Last edited by RinKou on 04:57:03 Tuesday, 19 March, 2013, edited 1 time in total.

I write things!
I post things!

RinKou

Post by RinKou » 04:53:20 Tuesday, 19 March, 2013

Moonbeam Conclusion Part 2Show
11:00, 1 hour to Moonbeam launch

"And that's when we got hauled in here for questioning," Agent Coinneach explained. "But hey, did you guys see the file on that agent Yulia? Daaaaaayumn."

"I know, right?" Agent zenburg agreed.

"Agent Yulia is a bitch," Agent Smyg corrected Coinneach. "On a scale of one to absolute bitchfest, she's a seventeen."

"Hey, you know what they say, though, right? Bitch in the head, bitch in the bed." Agent Coinneach nodded, in appreciation of his own witticism. "Wait, shit, no, I screwed that up."

"I know right?" Agent zenburg agreed.

"More importantly," Agent Smyg started. "If you were captured with Koller, where is he now?"

"Oh, right, that. Lemme tell you something about your friend Koller here."

07:15, four hours eariler

"Good work, men," Koller applauded. "That's the last of them."

"Wait, who are you again?" the guard in red asked. Apparently he was the one in charge - you could tell because CHAOS always makes sure to color-coordinate their employees based on seniority.

"A scientist working on the Moonbeam launch," Koller said. "Doctor..." he noticed the big
WANTED: DEAD OR MUTILATED
DR. RANDOLPH KOLLER
poster on the coffee room bulletin board.

"Doctor Kandolph Roller. I caught his foreign agent here trying to foil our nefarious plans."

"Dude," one of the guards noted. "Your parents named you Gandalf?"

"Kandolph," Koller corrected him.

"You have the coolest parents ever."

"Wait, what?" Agent Coinneach broke in. "I thought your name was Koller."

"Hahah," Koller laughed. "Koller, Roller, sounds the same, doesn't it?"

"Koller, huh?" the guard in red mused. "Now why does that name sound familiar?"

"Beats me," Koller shrugged. "It's a pretty common name. Maybe we went out for drinks one time. Steve, right?"

"Oh, yeah, right!" the guard said. "I remember now!"

"Uh, no," Agent Coinneach broke in. "It sounds familiar because Dr. Randolph Koller, who I thought defected from you guys a week ago, has been keeping it a secret from me, like, the biggest Lord of the Rings fan ever, that his name is actually Gandalf."

Steve narrowed his eyes behind his balaclava and compared Dr. Roller to the wanted poster he had in his pocket. "You guys take Agent Coinneach here down to the dungeon. I'll be right with you."

11:15, CHAOS Sex/Regular Dungeon - 45 minutes to Moonbeam launch

"And then it was like, 'Bang bang bang! Rattatatatatatat! Augh! I'm dead!'" Agent Coinneach finished his story.

"What!?" Agent Smyg nearly fell from her chair. I mean, she would've, but she was tied down pretty tight.

"Hahah, I know, right? The dude was named Gandalf. How cool is that?"

"Oh my God, I am going to kill you!" Agent Smyg fumed. "I'm. Argh!"

"So this is how we die," agent OYID muttered.

"You say that like it's a bad this," agent zenburg noted. "Wait til you see Yulia."

Agent Smyg struggled at her restraints. "Oh. My fucking. Argh! I'm going to chew through this rope, and then I'm going to strangle you with it, Coinneach, I swear to God. First Chechnya, then Budapest, and now you go and kill Koller?"

"Whoa, whoa, what? I didn't kill Koller."

"It was that guard," zenburg added helpfully. "Steve. Did you know he bakes the cookies they keep in the break room?"

"I don't care who actually shot him, he wouldn't have died if it wasn't for you!"

"Whoa, wait, Smyg. Koller's not dead."

"Then what was all that 'Bang bang bang! Rattatatatatatat! Augh! I'm dead!' about?"

"That was Steve, duh, I gave Koller my gun before they separated us."

"What?" zenburg chimed in, since everybody else was too slackjawed to say anything else.

"I mean, hello, the dude's name is Gandalf. Why wouldn't I give him my gun?"

The cell door unlocked.

"And for the last time," Koller said, "My name isn't Gandalf."

"Steve was going to give me his macadamia-white-chocolate-chip recipe!" zenburg yelled, kinda crying. "You monster!"

-

What everybody should've noticed this time was that agent Tsaeb hadn't been all so quiet because he's just a naturally quiet person. It's that, with the aid of a little ketchup, he had chewed through his restraints and disappeared up a vent ten minutes ago.

11:30, CHAOS Control Room - 30 minutes to Moonbeam launch

With a quick swipe of Koller's - still - active keycard, the agents make their way into the launch control room. All at once, the agents rush the terminal and try to type in their codes.

"Guys, wait!" Koller said.

"Code not recognized," the computer read back, in one of those soothing female robot voices that you only get in movies or airports.

"Guys!" Koller yelled, trying to be heard over the clacking of keys.

"Code not recognized."

"Guys!!!" Koller yelled louder, this time enough to warrant two exclamation points.

Agent Smyg punctuated that with a single gunshot into the ceiling. That was the third exclamation point.

"Alright," Agent Smyg said, leveling her gun at the other agents. "Dr. Koller has something to say, and you're all going to listen."

Everybody stopped typing for a second.

"Look," Koller said. "I know you're all here for different reasons. But you all need to know, whatever codes you all picked up - they're decoys. If you actually typed a full one in, it'd just arm the satellite. I'm the only one who knows the actual code to disarm it, and I'm going to walk over to that terminal now, as soon as I finish this speech, and type it in. But first, I want you all to promise me that you leave your nationalities at the door. This isn't about which of your nations can repurpose this satellite for their own gain - this is a terrible weapon that stands to destroy all of mankind. It needs to be destroyed - and that's that. Maybe later, from the ashes, we can build a true, peaceful version, but that can only be accomplished when we all work together."

He paused, just to make sure everybody got it.

"Alright, now that that's all been said, I'm going to walk right over to that terminal, and like I said earlier, enter the code to disarm the satellite - the code that only I-"

Agent Huojin cut Koller off. Actually, he shot him, but that also had the effect of stopping whatever he was saying.

Dang.

"Code not recognized," the terminal said.
Last edited by RinKou on 05:07:48 Tuesday, 19 March, 2013, edited 2 times in total.

I write things!
I post things!

RinKou

Post by RinKou » 04:54:04 Tuesday, 19 March, 2013

Moonbeam Conclusion Part 3Show
11:45, CHAOS Control Room - 15 minutes to Moonbeam launch

"Now, where were we?" Agent Huojin asked.

Behind him, agent Yulia spoke up. "About to arm the Moonbeam satellite, if I'm not mistaken."

"Yes, mistress," agent zenburg bowed, typing.

"Code accepted. Project Moonbeam armed. Launch in [fif-teen min-utes]," the terminal said.

"Oh what the hell, zenburg?" OYID asked.

"Sorry, force of habit."

"Good," Agent Huojin noted. "Now, Mr. Cain has an offer for all of you - you've all proved your worth as agents, and in fifteen minutes,"

"[Four-teen min-utes]," the terminal updated.

"Fourteen minutes," Huojin corrected, "Project Moonbeam will be in orbit, and your former employers, they will be dead. A new age has dawned - an age...of CHAOS!"

He actually meant "chaos" as in the regular noun, not as in the organization name, but he said it so loud that the word had to be capitalized.

"So, Mr. Cain is making an offer you can't refuse - join him, and you will receive unlimited power."

"Agent Smyg will never accept your bribes, reactionary swine!" Agent Smyg yelled in the third person. "And Mother Russia will never fall to you, or your killer satellites!"

"Actually, that doesn't sound like a bad deal," agent OYID nodded.

"Yeah, Smyg, let's hear this guy out," agent Coinneach added. "I mean, can agent Yulia be my partner?"

"Uh, we might be able to work something out," Huojin said.

"Yes," Agent Yulia hm-hmed, "Yes, we might be able to arrange that."

"I'm voicing my opposition right now to that arrangement," agent zenburg added.

"What if," agent OYID chimed in. "All four of us were partners?"

"God, why are we even having this conversation? We're all still heavily armed," Agent Smyg asked, remembering that she was heavily armed.

She unloaded a full submachine gun's magazine's worth of bullets into agent Huojin's chest, knocking him back down the stairwell. The alarm system went off.

"You're such a bitch," Yulia sighed, getting her kung-fu ready.

"Pot," Smyg replied, her kung-fu already armed, "Meet kettle."

They kung-fued right out the window.

"Intruder alert," the all-purpose announcer robot-lady said. "Intruder alert. [Ten min-utes] to launch."

-

"Well this went tits up real fast," Agent Coinneach yelled back to the Germans, as he fired down the stairwell at the coming hordes of CHAOS minions. "You guys can figure out how to disarm the satellite, right?"

"If..." Agent zenburg said. "If west..."

"And east," Agent OYID finished for him.

"Could work together again, as brothers," they said in unison.

They looked into each others eyes, shared a tearful hug, then got to slapping at their ends of the keyboard.

11:50, somewhere dark and full of CHAOS - 10 minutes to Moonbeam launch

Agent Tsaeb didn't need any of the others' help. He'd done perfectly well, and completed his mission so far without the need to bring in anybody else - and the minute he did, it all went ass-up real fast.

Agent Tsaeb was a lone wolf - that's how he worked best. He had been a lone wolf since his master's temple was burned down by agents of CHAOS, all those years ago - and he was a lone wolf when he, by himself, destroyed each of the satellite's blueprints in turn. But that really was all just a precursor to the last stage of his, and everybody else's mission. This was it. This was time to destroy the satellite itself.

Agent Tsaeb punched a grate loose above him and clambered up, into the rocket's cargo bay - and there it was, Project Moonbeam. So much blood had been shed over this fragile little thing. Why, a single well-aimed punch to the superstructure would send it careening out of orbit. He steeled himself, readied his body.

And when his fist was raised, ready to crush this tool of western imperialism beneath his fist, Agent Tsaeb was interrupted.

"One would think the great Agent Tsaeb would have a more cunning plan than to punch a satellite to death," a voice boomed from somewhere above him. It actually sounded like, "Ching chong wing wong woo woo," or some gook shit like that, because it was in Chinese.

"Fiendish Agent Wu!" Agent Tsaeb yelled into the darkness.

"So your ears are finely attuned!" Fiendish Agent Wu yelled back, landing a few feet away from Tsaeb. "It would appear that you are not the only one who can cheat death!"

"I shall kung-fu you for the fate of this world!" Agent Tsaeb charged.

"So you shall!"

They kung-fued.

-

Meanwhile, Smyg and Yulia were exchanging blows at each other, falling from the impossibly high command tower above the launch pad.

"You are a traitor to the revolution!" Agent Smyg yelled, deftly landing a swift series of punches on Yulia.

"And you!" Yulia replied, returning another set of blows. "You killed the man I loved!"

Smyg parried the next round of blows and responded with her own. They were nearing the ground now. Images of Koller flashed through her head. The night they met at that Hollywood hotel. Their flight to Moscow, how they ran and hid and made love when they weren't. The day she was captured - leaving him in Hong Kong. And him coming all this way to save her, only for this whore's CHAOS lover to murder him. Smyg aimed a kick at Yulia's neck, connecting the second they made impact with the ground.

"That..." she said, twisting her heel over the scar she left on Yulia's neck in Borneo, smiling a little to herself as she heard it crack. "That makes us even."

-

"[T-mi-nus one min-ute]," the terminal said.

"Hey, are you two love birds any closer to saving the world?" Coinneach yelled between grenades.

"Wait, were we supposed to still be working on that?" OYID asked. The two had been swapping stories of their childhoods for the last ten minutes.

"Well, looks like we have no choice but to work for CHAOS," zenburg shrugged.

"As...brothers," OYID added.

"The Brothers Deutsche, and their partner Yulia," zenburg added to that.

"I'm...I'm actually really okay with this," Coinneach said.

"Yeah, well, too bad," Smyg said, bursting through the door. "Yulia's dead. Change of plans, boys."

"Aw man!" the Germans danged in unison.

That was when Huojin clawed his way back into the command room - chest torn open enough that you could see the solid metal skeleton and sparking circuitry that made him run. Well, not really, but shit if he wasn't built like a terminator.

"Yes," he said, putting Agent Coinneach into a headlock. "Change of plans."

The terminal began its final countdown. "T-minus ten seconds."

"Aw, bollocks," Agent Coinneach said, remembering that he was an Englishman and should probably start talking like one.

Cutting off his circulation, Huojin tossed the Englishman aside and grabbed the pair of Germans, who had started firing at him - to no avail - and, long story short, beat the shit out of them and ended it by bonking their heads together like a Tom and Jerry cartoon, because the tone and parodied spy media of this tale changes every five lines.

"Three," the terminal counted, "Two, one."

Outside the window, the rocket began to take off.

With everybody else dealt with, he turned to Agent Smyg.

"I. Must break you." He said.
Last edited by RinKou on 05:16:25 Tuesday, 19 March, 2013, edited 1 time in total.

I write things!
I post things!

Return to “Game Ideas”