Forum Organization

More or less what it says on the tin.
RinKou
Jackbooted Swinelicker Fascist

Forum Organization

Post by RinKou » 08:05:16 Saturday, 22 September, 2012

It's not a problem now, while we don't have a ton of games running, but it'd probably be a good idea to start breaking things up into sections like we have on Patton. BoP/RP are really broad categories, but for the most part, it seems like the most common gametypes are BoP(-esque), GovSim, and RP. This way, when we do have more, and have either new members or those returning from time off, it's easy for them to find games they're interested in.

On a similar note, we should probably have a subforum for all this New Member stuff, since "Announcements and Rules" should probably, y'know, be for announcements and rules - but also as a forum for submitting and discussing/voting on new forum-running legislation. It's looking kinda cluttered in here.

tl;dr:
-Categorize games into new forum groups - Balance of Power Games, Government Simulation Games, Role-Playing Games
-Create new subforum for member activation
-Regulate Announcements and Rules to submitting and discussing new forum policies
Heartache by the Numbers: Caravan Master

If you say that prancing mailman of a GM is ever going to run the gangster game WELL THEN I SAY GOOD DAY SIR -oyid

I write things!
I post things!

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Forum Organization

Post by Huojin » 20:57:36 Saturday, 22 September, 2012

Seems like a good idea to me. Though I'm not sure GovSims should get their own section. We rarely ever have more than one running at once, and few make it past 3 turns, though this may well be for a variety of reasons in each case.

RinKou

Post by RinKou » 19:13:32 Sunday, 23 September, 2012

Maybe we don't have enough of them running, but they're definitely not BoP styled, and don't quite fit in RP. They're the most popular gametype after BoP and BoP-esque.

I'd like to hear some other opinions on that one at least, since that's the only point of disagreement so far.

If you say that prancing mailman of a GM is ever going to run the gangster game WELL THEN I SAY GOOD DAY SIR -oyid

I write things!
I post things!

CWestfall
MEANWHILE, IN NORWAY...

Post by CWestfall » 04:41:54 Monday, 24 September, 2012

Me, I tend to prefer the style where all of the game's forums are fully visible on the front page, if applicable. Like Game I and ScorpBoP. It does take up more space, which is a con, but I prefer "Less clicks to get where you're going" layouts. What really matters I guess is how organized we want this joint to be.
<KimIlSmyg> Congratulations Labine
<KimIlSmyg> You're in my signature.

RinKou

Post by RinKou » 06:54:51 Monday, 24 September, 2012

Oh, well, I wasn't thinking of collapsing them into a subforum, more that they're just grouped together under different headers.

I write things!
I post things!

CWestfall
MEANWHILE, IN NORWAY...

Post by CWestfall » 15:29:14 Monday, 24 September, 2012

Yeah, so (To use Admin Control Panel naming conventions) all games are under a "Balance of Power" (For example) category, and then things like News, Diplomacy, etc. are all sub-forums under the game's main forum.
<KimIlSmyg> Congratulations Labine
<KimIlSmyg> You're in my signature.

RinKou

Post by RinKou » 17:06:19 Monday, 24 September, 2012

Yeah. I see that's what you actually meant before, but y'know :V

Given that we don't have all too many games running just yet, it shouldn't really be too much of a problem. When we do, though, it does seem a little cluttered and unprofessional.

I write things!
I post things!

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Huojin » 15:44:26 Tuesday, 25 September, 2012

I took the liberty of setting up a new players forum at the top of the board, including a thread about which games are currently running. I also made a category for RPGs to go under, because they tend to be single-forum affairs.

Return to “Announcements and Rules”