Allow guests to view the forum (read the post before voting)

More or less what it says on the tin.

Allow guests to view the forums on the basis discussed below?

Poll ended at 18:51:03 Sunday, 24 February, 2013

Yes
11
79%
No
3
21%
 
Total votes: 14

User avatar
Gesar
Social Justice Stasi
Social Justice Stasi
Posts: 1146
Joined: 00:18:50 Thursday, 02 August, 2012

Re: Allow guests to view the forum (read the post before vot

Post by Gesar » 03:09:30 Wednesday, 06 March, 2013

I should say why I'm against it. There is still a lot of drama between the two forums, and I don't want it to start again. Should this happen, those of us on Patton and Molotov might still get shit for being on both. I don't care about being on both but there's no way in Hell I'm going to deal with that drama.

Seriously, utterly, opposed.
Saenwyn: A Song of Ashes: Storyteller

Louisiana 1792: Fils de la Révolution: Monsieur le Commissaire de l'Intérieur Thomas Francois Jérôme Cossard, Mayor of Saint-Louis and editor of L'Ami de la République
Liberty in Dark Waters: Leopold Karl von Stenhielm, Baron af Rödesund, Knight and Commander of the Orders of His Majesty the King, convicted traitor
Balance of Power 1968: Mwalimu Julius Nyerere, President and Baba wa Taifa of the United Republic of Tanzania
Smyg wrote:The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of Gesar coping with being a total fucking a-grade revolutionary thinker
SpoilerShow
#DraftGesar

User avatar
Orago
I Am that Is
Posts: 444
Joined: 14:01:20 Sunday, 05 August, 2012

Re: Allow guests to view the forum (read the post before vot

Post by Orago » 03:32:13 Wednesday, 06 March, 2013

Why can't we just be a hangout for those of us who already know each other?

Don't really see the appeal in expanding.... I'd assume that's the purpose of letting guests see the forum, attract registrations.

User avatar
Langben
What time is it?
Posts: 913
Joined: 03:36:30 Saturday, 04 August, 2012
Location: Space Truckin'

Re: Allow guests to view the forum (read the post before vot

Post by Langben » 04:14:57 Wednesday, 06 March, 2013

Gesar wrote:I should say why I'm against it. There is still a lot of drama between the two forums, and I don't want it to start again. Should this happen, those of us on Patton and Molotov might still get shit for being on both. I don't care about being on both but there's no way in Hell I'm going to deal with that drama.

Seriously, utterly, opposed.
Not to get back into this mess, but I'd be more sympathetic to this point if I (and others) hadn't been summarily dumped in order to appease Patton's stability already.

One way or the other, I'm not interested in letting that forum dictate for how we run this one.
Image

User avatar
navyseacadet
Anarcho-Communist
Anarcho-Communist
Posts: 61
Joined: 20:48:21 Tuesday, 21 August, 2012
Location: Bumfucknowhere, USA

Re: Allow guests to view the forum (read the post before vot

Post by navyseacadet » 04:35:09 Wednesday, 06 March, 2013

Langben wrote:
Gesar wrote:I should say why I'm against it. There is still a lot of drama between the two forums, and I don't want it to start again. Should this happen, those of us on Patton and Molotov might still get shit for being on both. I don't care about being on both but there's no way in Hell I'm going to deal with that drama.

Seriously, utterly, opposed.
Not to get back into this mess, but I'd be more sympathetic to this point if I (and others) hadn't been summarily dumped in order to appease Patton's stability already.

One way or the other, I'm not interested in letting that forum dictate for how we run this one.

I wasn't even involved long over there and apparently I got dumped as well: I went to go look up some archives for the WW2 BOP and found my account had been banned.

I'm for letting new people see some of the forums though.

User avatar
Gesar
Social Justice Stasi
Social Justice Stasi
Posts: 1146
Joined: 00:18:50 Thursday, 02 August, 2012

Re: Allow guests to view the forum (read the post before vot

Post by Gesar » 05:00:17 Wednesday, 06 March, 2013

Langben wrote:
Gesar wrote:I should say why I'm against it. There is still a lot of drama between the two forums, and I don't want it to start again. Should this happen, those of us on Patton and Molotov might still get shit for being on both. I don't care about being on both but there's no way in Hell I'm going to deal with that drama.

Seriously, utterly, opposed.
Not to get back into this mess, but I'd be more sympathetic to this point if I (and others) hadn't been summarily dumped in order to appease Patton's stability already.

One way or the other, I'm not interested in letting that forum dictate for how we run this one.
It's not about letting Patton dictate Molotov. You're not the one who'd have to deal with the fallout. Snacks and I would be, and I'm not going to play that.
Saenwyn: A Song of Ashes: Storyteller

Louisiana 1792: Fils de la Révolution: Monsieur le Commissaire de l'Intérieur Thomas Francois Jérôme Cossard, Mayor of Saint-Louis and editor of L'Ami de la République
Liberty in Dark Waters: Leopold Karl von Stenhielm, Baron af Rödesund, Knight and Commander of the Orders of His Majesty the King, convicted traitor
Balance of Power 1968: Mwalimu Julius Nyerere, President and Baba wa Taifa of the United Republic of Tanzania
Smyg wrote:The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of Gesar coping with being a total fucking a-grade revolutionary thinker
SpoilerShow
#DraftGesar

User avatar
Langben
What time is it?
Posts: 913
Joined: 03:36:30 Saturday, 04 August, 2012
Location: Space Truckin'

Re: Allow guests to view the forum (read the post before vot

Post by Langben » 06:02:17 Wednesday, 06 March, 2013

Gesar wrote:It's not about letting Patton dictate Molotov. You're not the one who'd have to deal with the fallout. Snacks and I would be, and I'm not going to play that.
I'm up for another vote on this issue with this new angle coming to light. I'm indifferent and in no rush to implement it anyway.

But don't tell me you're "not going to play that" when I put a stop to Smyg and others coming after you here, then listened to you rationalize banning me from Patton to preserve "the community" that's apparently going to eat you alive if I don't block a voted-on initiative here. No spite intended, I think there's upside to prettying up the forum here, which is why this vote went generally FOR.

So, new vote. Make your case to the community and I won't have to compromise my position just to make your life easier.
Image

Post Reply

Return to “Announcements and Rules”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests