Admin Terms

More or less what it says on the tin.
Post Reply
Huojin
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 3218
Joined: 07:30:29 Thursday, 02 August, 2012

Admin Terms

Post by Huojin » 19:31:07 Tuesday, 02 April, 2013

Tsaeb XIII wrote:I'll post a reminder thread for the July/August election in the not too distant future; however, I think Huo has a policy change thread he'd like to post that is relevant, so I'll give him that opportunity first.
So as Tsaeb said, I was just bouncing the idea around regarding Admin terms. And I still kinda think 4 month terms are pretty short and wanted to see what other people thought about extending it. I'm still in favour of 6 month terms I think, though if people are reluctant to extend it that long, 5 could work. It's a discussion, at any rate.

User avatar
BgKnight
George R. R. Martin in space and with less talent
Posts: 1217
Joined: 23:30:02 Wednesday, 01 August, 2012

Re: Admin Terms

Post by BgKnight » 19:51:09 Tuesday, 02 April, 2013

Seeing as how the previous terms went, if we include an emergency addition to the rules, that if one of the Admins is inactive/doesn't do shit for more then a few months, a vote be called on his position, I would agree to a longer term.
Image

User avatar
OYID
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Posts: 1329
Joined: 17:52:23 Wednesday, 22 August, 2012
Location: Sleeping furiously

Re: Admin Terms

Post by OYID » 20:33:32 Tuesday, 02 April, 2013

BgKnight wrote:Seeing as how the previous terms went, if we include an emergency addition to the rules, that if one of the Admins is inactive/doesn't do shit for more then a few months, a vote be called on his position, I would agree to a longer term.
I propose we make this the only reason to ever vote for a new admin.
1968 Aliens!: US of A.

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 3218
Joined: 07:30:29 Thursday, 02 August, 2012

Re: Admin Terms

Post by Huojin » 20:59:04 Tuesday, 02 April, 2013

OYID, that should probably be a separate discussion. But it's a fair point, Bg. We still don't exactly have a thing for ditching admins. But I feel like with 6 month terms we're probably more likely to come up with something, instead of going "Oh just wait a month and we'll elect a new person".

User avatar
Tsaeb XIII
Not an Urso-Maoist
Posts: 151
Joined: 23:29:39 Wednesday, 01 August, 2012

Re: Admin Terms

Post by Tsaeb XIII » 22:21:19 Tuesday, 02 April, 2013

As far as I'm aware, we've always had the implicit understanding that if we need to get rid of an admin, it can be done by a member proposing a vote to remove them. In theory, there's nothing that can't be voted on, and anyone can propose a vote, so I see no reason why we need anything more than that realistically speaking. Personally, I'd like to continue with elections, but 6 months seems to make a lot more sense, since it really doesn't feel like it's all that long between elections at the moment.
Game I: Republic of Indonesia
Game II: French Third Republic
Game III: Abibaal the Sailor

Balance of Power 1981: State of Israel
Battle for Anfan: Yizhou Clique
World War II BoP: Commonwealth of Australia

User avatar
scorpion
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Posts: 1287
Joined: 19:43:14 Friday, 03 August, 2012

Re: Admin Terms

Post by scorpion » 22:35:02 Tuesday, 02 April, 2013

Tsaeb XIII wrote:As far as I'm aware, we've always had the implicit understanding that if we need to get rid of an admin, it can be done by a member proposing a vote to remove them. In theory, there's nothing that can't be voted on, and anyone can propose a vote, so I see no reason why we need anything more than that realistically speaking. Personally, I'd like to continue with elections, but 6 months seems to make a lot more sense, since it really doesn't feel like it's all that long between elections at the moment.
I agree with the 6 month term limit as well. Should the need arise to get rid of an admin for any reason, we can just vote etc.
Metal Gear BoP-GM
1800 BoP-Russian Empire

User avatar
RinKou
Jackbooted Swinelicker Fascist
Posts: 871
Joined: 06:18:32 Wednesday, 08 August, 2012
Location: OC, CA
Contact:

Re: Admin Terms

Post by RinKou » 23:11:56 Tuesday, 02 April, 2013

Please tell me we can cast no confidence votes and dissolve the adminship.
Heartache by the Numbers: Caravan Master

If you say that prancing mailman of a GM is ever going to run the gangster game WELL THEN I SAY GOOD DAY SIR -oyid

I write things!
I post things!

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 3218
Joined: 07:30:29 Thursday, 02 August, 2012

Re: Admin Terms

Post by Huojin » 00:06:51 Wednesday, 03 April, 2013

RinKou wrote:Please tell me we can cast no confidence votes and dissolve the adminship.
Theoretically we can do that already.

User avatar
OYID
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Posts: 1329
Joined: 17:52:23 Wednesday, 22 August, 2012
Location: Sleeping furiously

Re: Admin Terms

Post by OYID » 00:35:53 Wednesday, 03 April, 2013

Huojin wrote:
RinKou wrote:Please tell me we can cast no confidence votes and dissolve the adminship.
Theoretically we can do that already.
Stuff like that should probably be written down somewhere.
1968 Aliens!: US of A.

User avatar
Tsaeb XIII
Not an Urso-Maoist
Posts: 151
Joined: 23:29:39 Wednesday, 01 August, 2012

Re: Admin Terms

Post by Tsaeb XIII » 03:51:00 Wednesday, 03 April, 2013

Personally, I'd prefer that we codify what, if anything, can't be voted on, and leave everything else open to a vote as required. As it stands, unless people are under still under some misconception about the admin team being the "bosses" of the forum, I can't see any reason why people would find it unclear that a current admin (or the team as a whole, I suppose) can be removed by community vote proposed by anyone who believes they have valid grounds on which to call such a vote.
Game I: Republic of Indonesia
Game II: French Third Republic
Game III: Abibaal the Sailor

Balance of Power 1981: State of Israel
Battle for Anfan: Yizhou Clique
World War II BoP: Commonwealth of Australia

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 3218
Joined: 07:30:29 Thursday, 02 August, 2012

Re: Admin Terms

Post by Huojin » 21:51:42 Wednesday, 17 April, 2013

... Just to bump this, since I happened to be in this forum. Since the discussion has been pretty much entirely pro-6 months (unless someone else wants to chime in?), maybe an admin should put up a proper vote for it?

User avatar
CWestfall
MEANWHILE, IN NORWAY...
Posts: 513
Joined: 23:35:45 Wednesday, 01 August, 2012

Re: Admin Terms

Post by CWestfall » 03:50:26 Thursday, 18 April, 2013

I would prefer to keep it at 4 months, personally.

Well I mean for the record when we first set the terms, I was in favour of 5 months, and still am. I would rather have 4 than 6 though; my preference is basically 5 > 4 > 6
<KimIlSmyg> Congratulations Labine
<KimIlSmyg> You're in my signature.

Post Reply

Return to “Announcements and Rules”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests