The Forum Merger Idea

More or less what it says on the tin.
Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Forum Merger Idea

Postby Huojin » 17:18:23 Saturday, 20 April, 2013

Personally I would've liked more discussion before dropping this idea, but whatever.

Gesar
Social Justice Stasi
Social Justice Stasi

Postby Gesar » 03:48:34 Sunday, 21 April, 2013

Huojin wrote:Personally I would've liked more discussion before dropping this idea, but whatever.

Well next time you want to push an agenda, maybe you can consider becoming an admin again.
Saenwyn: A Song of Ashes: Storyteller

Louisiana 1792: Fils de la Révolution: Monsieur le Commissaire de l'Intérieur Thomas Francois Jérôme Cossard, Mayor of Saint-Louis and editor of L'Ami de la République
Liberty in Dark Waters: Leopold Karl von Stenhielm, Baron af Rödesund, Knight and Commander of the Orders of His Majesty the King, convicted traitor
Balance of Power 1968: Mwalimu Julius Nyerere, President and Baba wa Taifa of the United Republic of Tanzania

Smyg wrote:The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of Gesar coping with being a total fucking a-grade revolutionary thinker

Spoiler:
#DraftGesar

Langben
What time is it?

Postby Langben » 06:28:29 Sunday, 21 April, 2013

Rising Phoenix wrote:What if the new members decide to open up the forum completely?

That'd be this issue, which we would resolve before ever getting to that other issue, follow?

Rising Phoenix
Haegemony supporter. Ludd hater

Postby Rising Phoenix » 11:22:38 Sunday, 21 April, 2013

Langben wrote:
Rising Phoenix wrote:What if the new members decide to open up the forum completely?

That'd be this issue, which we would resolve before ever getting to that other issue, follow?

I am just saying things can snowball, 's all.

Serenissima
(Not) Molotov's Favourite Psychic Schoolgirl

Postby Serenissima » 18:24:15 Sunday, 21 April, 2013

Having come from there (or a specific subset of there), I can say I'd be generally against a merger...
"Imagine lies, and then write them down in order. That is literally all authors do!"

Louisiana: Antoine d'Ailly, captain of Sorcière, commodore of the Marine de l'Assemblée
Metal Gear BoP: Japan
Saenwyn: Jace Kern, Duke of Tailledun
1968: French Fifth Republic

CWestfall
MEANWHILE, IN NORWAY...

Postby CWestfall » 18:59:45 Sunday, 21 April, 2013

It seems to me that a lot of people with experience from AH are saying it'd be a bad idea. I'm curious as to why though. Are they just bad people over there?
<KimIlSmyg> Congratulations Labine
<KimIlSmyg> You're in my signature.

Serenissima
(Not) Molotov's Favourite Psychic Schoolgirl

Postby Serenissima » 22:41:31 Sunday, 21 April, 2013

Not all, but the player-base is very mixed, and there's some problems with bias in the moderated section.
Spoiler:
(Three out of five moderators have not logged in for two years, the forum admins refuse to appoint any replacements, and the remaining two tend to support one another in OOC decisions in their favour when they participate in games.)
The Nation Games board is even more mixed, with some being well-done and others being terrible. For all the good players such a move might accrue, it might give two or three bad ones and a vast influx of children. And additionally, part of why I am here is because it is not there!
"Imagine lies, and then write them down in order. That is literally all authors do!"

Louisiana: Antoine d'Ailly, captain of Sorcière, commodore of the Marine de l'Assemblée
Metal Gear BoP: Japan
Saenwyn: Jace Kern, Duke of Tailledun
1968: French Fifth Republic

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Huojin » 01:00:40 Monday, 22 April, 2013

Maybe selective poaching of good players would work?

Woody
Virescit vulnere virtus

Postby Woody » 02:54:53 Monday, 22 April, 2013

Huojin wrote:Maybe selective poaching of good players would work?

Poaching is a strong word. It makes it sound culpable and illicit. But i am for extending invitations while preserving our forum structure and leadership.
http://dmmclan.net/
Senātus Populusque Rōmānus

Langben
What time is it?

Postby Langben » 03:28:02 Monday, 22 April, 2013

You're free to recommend this site to people you think would enjoy it, but I'd strongly object to anything like "user poaching" as a strategy/policy for Molotov.

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Huojin » 08:01:00 Monday, 22 April, 2013

Langben wrote:

You're free to recommend this site to people you think would enjoy it, but I'd strongly object to anything like "user poaching" as a strategy/policy for Molotov.

(I see what you mean about being unable to fuck around. I meant it as a lighthearted throwaway comment. Ah well.)

To be honest though, I personally don't know anyone who'd join Molotov. I tried with Gong a while back, and that didn't go so well >_>

Langben
What time is it?

Postby Langben » 09:30:34 Monday, 22 April, 2013

Huojin wrote:(I see what you mean about being unable to fuck around. I meant it as a lighthearted throwaway comment. Ah well.)

Return to “Announcements and Rules”