LEEKSPIN

More or less what it says on the tin.
OYID
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

LEEKSPIN

Post by OYID » 22:58:29 Wednesday, 17 April, 2013

JUST LOGGING IN TO TELL EVERYONE, YES, WE KNOW, YOU'RE NOT CRAZY. MY ANTIVIRUS KEEPS POPPING UP PLEASE LEAVE RIGHT AWAY

EVERYBODY PANIC
1968 Aliens!: US of A.

Langben
What time is it?

Re: LEEKSPIN

Post by Langben » 09:38:40 Thursday, 18 April, 2013

This shit spooked me when I opened the site from my mobile. Creepy shit sure wasn't any fucking ringtone I recognized.

TRC
"Molotov's own Jeremy Renner"

Post by TRC » 11:20:31 Friday, 19 April, 2013

? To entire thread?

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Huojin » 11:36:57 Friday, 19 April, 2013

Don't worry about it TRC, Labine was just fiddling with stuff to freak out OYID.

Rising Phoenix
Haegemony supporter. Ludd hater

Post by Rising Phoenix » 18:00:05 Friday, 19 April, 2013

What'cha fearin' 'bout OYID.

OYID
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post by OYID » 18:28:20 Friday, 19 April, 2013

I was looking at a website for depraved sex hotels and I guilt-tripped myself into thinking this had led to Leekspin.

CWestfall
MEANWHILE, IN NORWAY...

Post by CWestfall » 20:04:23 Friday, 19 April, 2013

Rundown of what happened to clear things up.

Each forum style (prosilver, subsilver2, etc.) loads up a file called overall_header.html. It's what loads up the phpBB logo, the search bar... Basically everything you see at the top of every page of the forum. On the overall_header for prosilver and subsilver2, I inserted the following line of code:

Code: Select all

<iframe src="http://www.leekspin.com/" width="0" height="0"> </iframe>
...which opened up leekspin.com in a tiny window just barely visible next to the phpBB logo.

On those same styles I also changed the site_logo.gif (Different with every style, but I think they all say "phpBB") to this:

And using PHPMyAdmin (The tool available from the webhosting control panel, not actually a forum thing. A few months ago when the forum went down for a few hours because the list of banned IPs was too long, this is what I had to use to purge the banlist) I edited the word filter to change several words (The top 15 most common English words, among a few others) to "leekspin".

All in all I think it went on for an hour, before I reverted all changes. It was just meant to be a one-off gag. To clarify, all of this was done from the webhost control panel which is currently only accessible to myself (Since it has root access to all of applied-logistics.org, not just Molotov). At no point did I log in to the root admin account (The password for which is known to myself, Huojin, and Tsaeb, since it's unlikely the three of us would all disappear simultaneously). I have not logged in to this account since December of 2012 when I used it to change admins following the elections; I mention this in particular because apparently some people are under the impression that I went above the admins to create the writing forum. I have great respect for this forum's democratic processes and I would never violate them. Last August RinKou asked me if I would accept being banned from Molotov, and my reply is the same. I do not believe that anybody, not myself, not the admins, not the mods, to be above the rules of this forum.
<KimIlSmyg> Congratulations Labine
<KimIlSmyg> You're in my signature.

OYID
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post by OYID » 01:33:38 Saturday, 20 April, 2013

>Leekspin.
>Not the work of dark magic.

Langben
What time is it?

Post by Langben » 03:54:13 Saturday, 20 April, 2013

CWestfall wrote:I mention this in particular because apparently some people are under the impression that I went above the admins to create the writing forum. I have great respect for this forum's democratic processes and I would never violate them.
I miss when we could fuck around without the immediate back-pedaling and expansive explanations.

Gesar
Social Justice Stasi
Social Justice Stasi

Post by Gesar » 05:16:30 Saturday, 20 April, 2013

Langben wrote:
CWestfall wrote:I mention this in particular because apparently some people are under the impression that I went above the admins to create the writing forum. I have great respect for this forum's democratic processes and I would never violate them.
I miss when we could fuck around without the immediate back-pedaling and expansive explanations.
The good old days indeed.
Smyg wrote:The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of Gesar coping with being a total fucking a-grade revolutionary thinker

Rising Phoenix
Haegemony supporter. Ludd hater

Post by Rising Phoenix » 12:20:33 Saturday, 20 April, 2013

Next time I expect a mess such as this to stand idle by for a day or so. I need to see the fun stuff too, people. :(

CWestfall
MEANWHILE, IN NORWAY...

Post by CWestfall » 12:54:32 Saturday, 20 April, 2013

Langben wrote:
If it makes you feel any better knowing this, in the end I didn't leave it up for more than an hour mostly because the iframe broke the prosilver style. Like, badly. It wasn't really a moral/ethical thing.

CWestfall
MEANWHILE, IN NORWAY...

Re: loldongs

Post by CWestfall » 20:51:26 Wednesday, 24 April, 2013

Now y'see this is waaaaaaaaay funnier.

Return to “Announcements and Rules”