LEEKSPIN

More or less what it says on the tin.
OYID
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

LEEKSPIN

Postby OYID » 22:58:29 Wednesday, 17 April, 2013

JUST LOGGING IN TO TELL EVERYONE, YES, WE KNOW, YOU'RE NOT CRAZY. MY ANTIVIRUS KEEPS POPPING UP PLEASE LEAVE RIGHT AWAY

EVERYBODY PANIC
1968: Cuba.

Langben
What time is it?

Re: LEEKSPIN

Postby Langben » 09:38:40 Thursday, 18 April, 2013

This shit spooked me when I opened the site from my mobile. Creepy shit sure wasn't any fucking ringtone I recognized.

TRC
"Molotov's own Jeremy Renner"

Postby TRC » 11:20:31 Friday, 19 April, 2013

? To entire thread?

Huojin
Designated Shitposter
Designated Shitposter

Postby Huojin » 11:36:57 Friday, 19 April, 2013

Don't worry about it TRC, Labine was just fiddling with stuff to freak out OYID.
The Gesarist Manifesto, chapter 5 opening foreword wrote:"The guerrilla must move like a fish in the sea, namely by drinking until you can delude yourself into hoping rich bastards will be gone one day."

• Louisiana 1792: Fils de la Révolution - GM/Author
  • Balance of Power: 1968 - Iraqi Republic
  • Saenwyn: A Song of Ashes - Corentin of House Tremayne, King of Saenwyn and Defender of the Realm

(excuse me while I blow my own trumpet)

Smyg the slow-running Louisiana
Smyg is pretty much the storytelling epic
Smyg of this century
Smyg Huojin is writing the Great American Novel and it's not even American

Rising Phoenix
Haegemony supporter. Ludd hater

Postby Rising Phoenix » 18:00:05 Friday, 19 April, 2013

What'cha fearin' 'bout OYID.

OYID
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Postby OYID » 18:28:20 Friday, 19 April, 2013

I was looking at a website for depraved sex hotels and I guilt-tripped myself into thinking this had led to Leekspin.

CWestfall
MEANWHILE, IN NORWAY...

Postby CWestfall » 20:04:23 Friday, 19 April, 2013

Rundown of what happened to clear things up.

Each forum style (prosilver, subsilver2, etc.) loads up a file called overall_header.html. It's what loads up the phpBB logo, the search bar... Basically everything you see at the top of every page of the forum. On the overall_header for prosilver and subsilver2, I inserted the following line of code:

Code: Select all

<iframe src="http://www.leekspin.com/" width="0" height="0"> </iframe>

...which opened up leekspin.com in a tiny window just barely visible next to the phpBB logo.

On those same styles I also changed the site_logo.gif (Different with every style, but I think they all say "phpBB") to this:

And using PHPMyAdmin (The tool available from the webhosting control panel, not actually a forum thing. A few months ago when the forum went down for a few hours because the list of banned IPs was too long, this is what I had to use to purge the banlist) I edited the word filter to change several words (The top 15 most common English words, among a few others) to "leekspin".

All in all I think it went on for an hour, before I reverted all changes. It was just meant to be a one-off gag. To clarify, all of this was done from the webhost control panel which is currently only accessible to myself (Since it has root access to all of applied-logistics.org, not just Molotov). At no point did I log in to the root admin account (The password for which is known to myself, Huojin, and Tsaeb, since it's unlikely the three of us would all disappear simultaneously). I have not logged in to this account since December of 2012 when I used it to change admins following the elections; I mention this in particular because apparently some people are under the impression that I went above the admins to create the writing forum. I have great respect for this forum's democratic processes and I would never violate them. Last August RinKou asked me if I would accept being banned from Molotov, and my reply is the same. I do not believe that anybody, not myself, not the admins, not the mods, to be above the rules of this forum.
<KimIlSmyg> Congratulations Labine
<KimIlSmyg> You're in my signature.

OYID
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Postby OYID » 01:33:38 Saturday, 20 April, 2013

>Leekspin.
>Not the work of dark magic.

Langben
What time is it?

Postby Langben » 03:54:13 Saturday, 20 April, 2013

CWestfall wrote:I mention this in particular because apparently some people are under the impression that I went above the admins to create the writing forum. I have great respect for this forum's democratic processes and I would never violate them.

I miss when we could fuck around without the immediate back-pedaling and expansive explanations.

Gesar
Social Justice Stasi
Social Justice Stasi

Postby Gesar » 05:16:30 Saturday, 20 April, 2013

Langben wrote:
CWestfall wrote:I mention this in particular because apparently some people are under the impression that I went above the admins to create the writing forum. I have great respect for this forum's democratic processes and I would never violate them.

I miss when we could fuck around without the immediate back-pedaling and expansive explanations.

The good old days indeed.
Saenwyn: A Song of Ashes: Storyteller

Louisiana 1792: Fils de la Révolution: Monsieur le Commissaire de l'Intérieur Thomas Francois Jérôme Cossard, Mayor of Saint-Louis and editor of L'Ami de la République
Liberty in Dark Waters: Leopold Karl von Stenhielm, Baron af Rödesund, Knight and Commander of the Orders of His Majesty the King, convicted traitor
Balance of Power 1968: Mwalimu Julius Nyerere, President and Baba wa Taifa of the United Republic of Tanzania

Smyg wrote:The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of Gesar coping with being a total fucking a-grade revolutionary thinker

Spoiler:
#DraftGesar

Rising Phoenix
Haegemony supporter. Ludd hater

Postby Rising Phoenix » 12:20:33 Saturday, 20 April, 2013

Next time I expect a mess such as this to stand idle by for a day or so. I need to see the fun stuff too, people. :(

CWestfall
MEANWHILE, IN NORWAY...

Postby CWestfall » 12:54:32 Saturday, 20 April, 2013

Langben wrote:

If it makes you feel any better knowing this, in the end I didn't leave it up for more than an hour mostly because the iframe broke the prosilver style. Like, badly. It wasn't really a moral/ethical thing.

CWestfall
MEANWHILE, IN NORWAY...

Re: loldongs

Postby CWestfall » 20:51:26 Wednesday, 24 April, 2013

Now y'see this is waaaaaaaaay funnier.

Return to “Announcements and Rules”