CthulhuCraft

"A game about breaking and placing blocks.
Build structures to protect against nocturnal monsters and impress your neighbors. Occasionally break everything in the name of SCIENCE!"
Cthulhuvong
Chaos God of Nation Simming

CthulhuCraft

Post by Cthulhuvong » 17:09:41 Wednesday, 24 April, 2013

You guys want I should host a server? I don't ever shut down my computer, so it would always be up.
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

"Sir, It is a well-known fact that young people are generally leftwing. It is also well-known that as people get older, they become more rightwing.
It is also a fact that, as people get older, their brain cells die at a faster and faster rate. I would therefore like to propose that conservatism be classified as a degenerative disease."
~letter to the Guardian, 1971

"I mean, being a freedom fighter, a…a force for good, it's…it's a wonderful thing. You get to make your own hours, looks good on a resume, but the pay…SUCKS."
~Alfred Bester, Babylon 5

Huojin
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Oragocraft: The Revengeance

Post by Huojin » 17:40:39 Wednesday, 24 April, 2013

Cthulhuvong wrote:You guys want I should host a server? I don't ever shut down my computer, so it would always be up.
Marry me?

Cthulhuvong

Post by Cthulhuvong » 17:55:53 Wednesday, 24 April, 2013

Huojin wrote:
Cthulhuvong wrote:You guys want I should host a server? I don't ever shut down my computer, so it would always be up.
Marry me?
Maybe later

But I just need to know what to do to allow you to connect. I'm reading the Minecraft wiki right now.

"Sir, It is a well-known fact that young people are generally leftwing. It is also well-known that as people get older, they become more rightwing.
It is also a fact that, as people get older, their brain cells die at a faster and faster rate. I would therefore like to propose that conservatism be classified as a degenerative disease."

"I mean, being a freedom fighter, a…a force for good, it's…it's a wonderful thing. You get to make your own hours, looks good on a resume, but the pay…SUCKS."

CWestfall
MEANWHILE, IN NORWAY...

Post by CWestfall » 18:33:28 Wednesday, 24 April, 2013

The easiest way would be to set up something called "Dynamic DNS".
<KimIlSmyg> Congratulations Labine
<KimIlSmyg> You're in my signature.

Cthulhuvong

Post by Cthulhuvong » 19:57:35 Wednesday, 24 April, 2013

Would it be possible for people to just use Hamachi?

Its a free VPN program, so I'd just give you my address on that and we'd be connected through there. Then you just direct connect to localhost and you're good.

CWestfall
MEANWHILE, IN NORWAY...

Post by CWestfall » 20:08:28 Wednesday, 24 April, 2013

This would also work.

Flamelord
Molotov's official Badass Union (Local 117) representative

Post by Flamelord » 20:10:50 Wednesday, 24 April, 2013

I support that

Cthulhuvong

Post by Cthulhuvong » 22:30:18 Wednesday, 24 April, 2013

Ok I'll work on it tonight.

Cthulhuvong

Post by Cthulhuvong » 17:09:36 Thursday, 25 April, 2013

Ok, so I made a server, and a Hamachi server. The Hamachi server is Molo-Mincraft, password is Molotov (remember to capitalize that M). My address is 25.27.158.189:25565.

Cthulhuvong

Post by Cthulhuvong » 17:29:26 Thursday, 25 April, 2013

Ok, seems you need a non-pirated version to play. Sorry guys.

CWestfall
MEANWHILE, IN NORWAY...

Post by CWestfall » 20:06:58 Thursday, 25 April, 2013

In your server.properties file just set

Code: Select all

online-mode=false

Cthulhuvong

Post by Cthulhuvong » 21:58:29 Thursday, 25 April, 2013

CWestfall wrote:In your server.properties file just set

Code: Select all

online-mode=false
That will allow people without a registered copy to play?

CWestfall
MEANWHILE, IN NORWAY...

Post by CWestfall » 22:28:44 Thursday, 25 April, 2013

Yep. When it's set to true, the server checks with Minecraft.net to see if that person actually owns the game. When you set it to false it doesn't, which is also useful for when Minecraft.net is down.

Cthulhuvong

Post by Cthulhuvong » 23:09:41 Thursday, 25 April, 2013

OK, I'll get to it about 6 hrs. At work now.

Cthulhuvong

Post by Cthulhuvong » 05:40:48 Friday, 26 April, 2013

Cthulhuvong wrote:OK, I'll get to it about 6 hrs. At work now.
Done, someone try and let me know if it works.

Return to “Minecraft”